Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

70cc 3W engine with Tillotson carb 3s222b337.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

70cc 3W engine with Tillotson carb 3s222b337.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
rctakeoff
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70cc 3W engine with Tillotson carb 3s222b337.

I have a 70cc 3W engine with Tillotson carb 3s222b337. I just rebuilt the carb but it's not working. It looks like the fuel is not going into the carb. (I opened and cleaned everything, so there is nothing clogged.) When you look at the gas tanks, you can see that the fuel isn't moving, but if you disconnect it from the carb it is flowing good. The engine refuses to start with the electronic ignition even though I sprayed gas directly into the carb.
let me know if you can help 323-496-5757
i have photos if it can help
Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 70cc 3W engine with Tillotson carb 3s222b337.

Couple of potential problems. One has the pulse port blocked. Another has the carb reassembled incorrectly.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Default RE: 70cc 3W engine with Tillotson carb 3s222b337.

A two cycle engine will run for a short burst with the carb removed and a squirt of gas in the crankcase. If it doesn't run when you spray gas in the carb, you're not putting enough gas in or you have other problems other than the carb.Ignition, plug, reeds would be where I would start looking.

Your carb could be simply dry, did you wet anything when assembled? If you can push the metering diaphragm down though the vent hole while flipping it over that might get it pumping. The pumps make 10-12 psi pressure while the pop off pressure is higher. When starting the vacuum in the crankcase pulls the diaphragm down while choking, with a dry chamber this isn't always possible since air is compressible.