Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Who is selling the Dle 30 now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Who is selling the Dle 30 now?

The DLE 30cc engine is just a ok engine. Actually there are better made engines out there to buy & you do not need a 4 bolt hub that needs the prop drilled to fit.You can get a singlebolt adapter...but it adds a bunch of weight. I got a DLE 30 from Antique. Along with some other friends at the same time. I was deep into engine conversions at the time....so the DLE30 fit right in then. It needed a lot of work form us engine gurus to get the bugs out.

As I look back, I would much rather havegot a Zenoah G26 from Antique & if I put any near the work into a G26 as I did the DLE 30, I know I would have ended up with a better engine. Also close enough on power too. So I do not care where they sell the DLE 30 engines anymore.I bet Ebay hasthem! I will shoot for a better engine next time. Capt,n
Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In all honesty I've never seen a reason to look beyond the G-26 or 3w-28. If people weren't collecting aluminum cans to buy their RC products they would be buying better engines, but price is everything to a lot of people. That will make a few people angry but in reality many are trying to participate in a part of the hobby they are not financially capable of doing. Some misbegotten sense of entitlement perhaps. For them, getting what they pay for is part of the deal. The best engines simply cost more.

The DLE 30 is a good engine, but until stepping up in price it's about as good as you'll get unless you make your own. That's waaaay outside the ability of most entering the small airplane, small gas engine field. The majority of the small gassers commercially available are really not very good products, but they are relatively cheap. That alone qualifies them as superior products in some eyes....
Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
kerwin50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my single bolt prop adaptor from valleyview. it was only an oz or 2 so it really didn't add that much weight.
The only other thing I did was I put a Bowman ring in it.
I think my DLE may be alittle stronger and lighter than the G26.
It runs really well.
The g 26 is also alittle higher price.
If I was going to buy another motor I'd get the ssya 180.
I hear that is a really good engine.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Dragonfly Hobbies

www.dragonflyhobbies.com has DLE 30 instock and shipping worldwide!

Old 04-16-2011, 06:49 AM
skymaster1

Fox Manufacturing as far as I know is the only U.S. warranty service station now selling DLE engines. I believe that any dle engines purchased from any other source will have problems getting any service done on them. give fox a call, ask to speak to charlie thacker. at least this way you should get the real story.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:54 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to take anything away from Fox but Valley View also has excellent service and Tower Hobbies is a Authorized dealer. There are also several others that are authorized to sell DLE engines including Wild Hare and Troy Built.

Of these, Valley View has the most DLE service experience.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 AM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: skymaster1

Fox Manufacturing as far as I know is the only U.S. warranty service station now selling DLE engines. I believe that any dle engines purchased from any other source will have problems getting any service done on them. give fox a call, ask to speak to charlie thacker. at least this way you should get the real story.
How do people come up with this stuff?

Fox is great at Fox engines but they are NOT a DLE factory authorized dealer or warranty repair center.

http://www.dlpower.net/custom.asp?id=7
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 AM
captinjohn

I think how the Fox...DLE thing came up,it isbecause at the Toledo Expoat the Fox booth theyhad some DLE engines to sell. So a lot of people that went to the Expo are going to ...well ...talk. News like that spreads like a range fire...with the wind blowing! ...................oops
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the cheapest prices I have seen online.

http://www.valuehobby.com/products.php?category_id=22
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM
w8ye

ORIGINAL: Zippi

These are the cheapest prices I have seen online.

http://www.valuehobby.com/products.php?category_id=22
And they have been out of stock all this year except for 1 day about 2 months ago.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 AM
w8ye

I was at the Fox booth in Toledo on the morning of the first day when they sold out of the DLE engines they had. The manager would make no commitment for pre-orders because he had no clue as to availability or the price of future DLE engines.

Also there was no evidence of them having any of the Fox traditional Sach's based gas engines on hand as the parts sources of the original design cylinders has dried up.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:41 PM
captinjohn

Hi Zippi, I bet you have a new bird in the works...right? This Giles G202 might be one of the best flying airplanes I have owned. But....before it bites the big one, I will be thinkng of a replacement. Any Ideas?

Best Regards Capt,n
Old 04-16-2011, 01:14 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: w8ye

I was at the Fox booth in Toledo on the morning of the first day when they sold out of the DLE engines they had. The manager would make no commitment for pre-orders because he had no clue as to availability or the price of future DLE engines..........................
Yep, as I noted in my post #7, such are remnants of those who did 'drop shipments' when they USED to get DLE's wholesale, which is now kaput!

Only distributors DLE authorizes is in their list online, that Jody gave a link to in his post #32.

For those wanting DLE quality, it's at current prices from DLE authorized dealers.
For those wanting less of both, there's DLA, and a gazillion others.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Hi Zippi, I bet you have a new bird in the works...right? This Giles G202 might be one of the best flying airplanes I have owned. But....before it bites the big one, I will be thinkng of a replacement. Any Ideas?

Best Regards Capt,n
w8ye,

Value Hobbies is always sold out of the DLE line because of their low prices. You have to catch them at the right time. Their prices are the best online.

Capt'n,

I knew you would like that Giles. If I were in the market for another plane for a 26cc-30cc I'd be looking at the Wild Hare YAK 55, Aeroworks Extra 300, or Edge 540. Sig has been bought out and from what the new owners were saying at Toledo the name and all planes will remain the same and the Rascal 110 is due out in August. I'll have to buy another one and start our Rascal 110 fly-in's once again.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
w8ye

Value Hobby

I checker them more than once every day for a couple months earlier in the year and they only had them in stock one day. I've only looked every couple days in the last month.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
captinjohn

Zippi, I remember howthe Rascal 110 could do nice knife edge flight! it must have been a fun plane too. I found a photo of one...cannot remember who owned it. Sure is a nice looker for sure. Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38959.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	1595342  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Zippi, I remember how the Rascal 110 could do nice knife edge flight! it must have been a fun plane too. I found a photo of one...cannot remember who owned it. Sure is a nice looker for sure. Capt,n
Capt'n,

Hey, That's my old plane. That pic is when I first built my Rascal 110. I sat it out front to take a quick pic before heading to the field for the maiden. Hope to have another one just like it. Very fun plane to fly.