My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE 30 engine timing

Lost in translation dude !
Old 05-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Jeff4318

Hi im very happy with this engines out of the box settings very little high and low end adjustments however i do have a miss at high throtle while flying not as noticable
when running on the ground a friend thinks it could be timing do you know what the gap is supposed to be between the sensor and the magnet in the hub
Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Mikecam

I just installed a rear carb 30 on a GP Super Stearman. High speed miss, tuning would not get rid of. I checked the timing, 33*, after finding this thread I find out 35* is right but the miss will not go away. Idle is about 1900 rpm, no way I can get 1500 rpm like some. Has me thinking I have the old ignition, after setting the timing to 28* the mis is gone and she starts fine, won't take throttle when first started and pulls the stearman around great. I'm thinking not all the rear carb 30's have the new ignition module. My thoughts.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:09 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Dle 30 will not take throttle fast when cold. They need to warm up good. I think there was somechange,s made in the timing curve on some. I wish each DLE 30cc engine user could post the numbers on there ignition...and maybe some notes to how it runs with that ignition. In time we could maybe figure out what ignition model numbers are the best. Also maybe why. My DLE lately misses a little but if I roll it inverted the miss goes away. I did a 2 min flight inverted all the way doing figure 8,s and it never missed a beat. I do have a line to dead air in fuse behind a enclosed bulkhead. I may add a 35mm film box to that with a pin hole. I think it may though have something to do with fuel tank level???? Capt,n