Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Mrs Gasket fuel pumps

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
coxco
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mrs Gasket fuel pumps

Anyone ever use a Mr Gasket electronic Micro fuel pump for a gas transfer pump?

They make 2 of them. One for domestic and one for import cars.

The domestic pumps 4 to 7 PSI and 35GPH.

The import pumps 2 to 3.5 PSI and 42GPH.

both cost $40 at AutoZone and come with a filter. This would make a cheap addition to your gasser fueling system if it works.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mrs Gasket fuel pumps

Lots of commentary about fueling systems here on RCU. Search for"the best fueling for gas"

However, the big problem for me with electric gas pumps is the danger of sparks and explosion. In a car application there should be no fumes around the pump and lines, and the switches etc are far removed from the fueling pump action. For RC use, I would suggest a spark proof enclosure and switches for the pump and battery. Also not all car pumps can be reversed to pump backwards for defueling. Again the thread cited above talks all about that.

I have a SU electric pump from a Austin Healy that I have been tempted to rig up, but have not because of the above hazard.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Mrs Gasket fuel pumps

Those two words Austin Healey brings back very fond memories from the early 60's when I had a bugeyed Austin Healey Sprite in british racing green trim, and a bit later had one of the more refined Sprite models in a sky blue trim. I remember all too well those in the trunk mounted electric fuel pumps.

Karol