Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Where the heck is the Zenaoh 30cc Rear Carb??

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Where the heck is the Zenaoh 30cc Rear Carb??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the heck is the Zenaoh 30cc Rear Carb??

A Zenaoh 30cc Rear Carb under $399 would sell like crazy in my option. Oh wait, there is a bearing back there. Damn!

OK, what about at least a case reed engine with the reed block going in where the coil is?

I love my Zenaoh's, just hate to see everyone buying $129 gassers made by some dude who's name sounds like a fist full of silverware being throwing down a flight of stairs.

Dang. Out of beer. I have to ride the mower to the corner. Be right back.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Where the heck is the Zenaoh 30cc Rear Carb??

My long reply got cut off by my computer..
Suffice it to say, no one wants to make an improvement that would be instantly copied and sold for half...[]
Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Good point. I didn't think about that.

Wait, you mean the Chinese wouldn't respect international patents? Next thing you know, they will be copying our DVD's and our military aircraft!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is anyone successfully selling high end industrial bases engines anymore? Has anyone bought a $500 3.2 Sachs since DLE came to town??
Old 06-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Antique

I just sold a few G38s and G62s....Old customers who remember quality engines...
Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The German and Swedish chain saws are better than ever in the 50cc range. The old Sachs 3.2 as we have known it is no longer made but there are some new ones out. Peak pulling speed is up in the 9000 range. These saws run 14500 pulling the chain at the start of the cut. There are 79cc engines that run 13500 pulling the chain before the cut. Sachs and Mahle based engines are Stihl very much alive. But you are talking $500 +

I notice some of the closed port designs have bolted on covers on the outside of the ports.

Zenoah introduced some nice stratified port designs that work very well a couple years ago. http://www.redmax.com/node3936.aspx?nid=158940

If the 30-60 cc model engines could still be sold for $500-$600, these new designs would be all over the model scene.

Instead we are at the mercy of DLE which isn't bad considering the performance/cost value.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:24 AM
w8ye

I was at the flying field most of the day yesterday. Was a perfect flying day. If anything was wrong, there was not enough wind? The guy I was with had his DL50 and DLE 55 powered planes and his engines ran perfect. I didn't fly

Later in the day, the working crowd came. It must have been DA day? Such nice running engines. DA60, DA100L, DA 170. Nice idle, great throttle response and a lot of prop buzz that you could hear echo out through the woods. However, all the guys with DA engines in the club were not there. There are more 60's, several 50's, and a 85 or two.

I got home at dark.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:41 AM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: scooterinvegas

I love my Zenaoh's, just hate to see everyone buying $129 gassers made by some dude who's name sounds like a fist full of silverware being throwing down a flight of stairs.

Dang. Out of beer. I have to ride the mower to the corner. Be right back.
That is because that is how they name their children. Family names can be Maternal, Paternal or anything else in any of the grandparents line. The rest is made up by the dropping of silverware.
"Oh no, drop spoon when go to pick up baby - sound like "Ching takeoverrr" must name like that now"

Mmmm - Beer.

I dare not enter into the "brand war" part of the dicussion. We have a number of "Non DA and Non Chinese" engines at my local field with well over 200 (and some well over 500) actual flying hours that have never missed a beat and have never had to be sent back for "great service" - but apprently they are not as good as the others. (Yep - they include a number of Zenoahs).
Old 06-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Antique

A 62 lite sells for $500....Or did My wife always said they were too cheap..Could be...[8D]
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: Antique

A 62 lite sells for $500....Or did My wife always said they were too cheap..Could be...[8D]
And there is not a better engine in the world. I don't who's feelings that hurts because it 100% true.
Ralph that is why you have such great customer loyalty and an almost cult following. I have 4 RCIgn converted Zenoahs and they are my best engines.
Nobody will get my G62 lite for $500.00 and the only way I will part with it is because I left it to someone in my estate.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:30 AM
w8ye

Ralph has made those G62 lites for many years. There's often one on Flee Bay or the RCU market place. But some are pretty old or has been owner modified and may vary from Ralph's more recent offerings. I'm sure he will update or repair an old one.