w8ye

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 3 x DLE 30's - cranky

There's also a variation as to whats included with the Walbro kits from Stens and those from Walbro themselves
Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 AM
rlmcnii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.m-and-d.com/ST-615-463.html

This is a Sten's kit for the WT series Walbros. It comes with the teflon(?) diaphragm.

For what it is worth, I rebuilt a WT201 on a ZDZ 50. Replaced the main screen, both diaphragms, and cleaned everything up very well. The metering lever was out of adjustment, lean, in a never-opened carb. That was reset. The engine now draws fuel better than it ever has. And, the infamous "It's a ZDZ and hard to start" no longer applies. The engine was also much easier to tune with the re-built carb.

It is impossible to know just what change made such a noticeable improvement in the engine. My experience with gassers is limited to this engine. I have a new-in-box ZDZ50 about to go into a Wild Hare Giles; the carb on that engine is going to be inspected internally and have the diaphragms replaced before it is even mounted.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM
prophecypilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mine runs good everywhere except inverted after about 10 or 15 seconds. If I throttle back, roll over and let it idle a few seconds sometimes it will throttle back up. It also doesnt want to throttle up after a downline. Has about a gallon and a half through it and CM6 plug. I'm going to tear the carb down and check it, but is this usually a sign of too rich or lean on high or low? Thanks
Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
captinjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Had a good afternoon flying the Giles 202 with a DLE30. I got to see and touch my first DLE20. Larry bought 3 of them. Man what a cute compact engine. Yesterday was nice too and engine related. I took 2 engine,s too a Old Time Tractor, Auto and engine show. Even steam engines running a wood cutting mill. I added 2 photos. Best Regards Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61731.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1628183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16871.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	1628184  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:47 PM
spinkgi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

prophecy; the following is from 2 Stroke Engine Tuning Technique by Pat Roy aka Tired Old Man "Sags on a long up line? Take a little off the high needle. Really fat and burbling in mid throttle level flight? Adjust the low a little leaner. Very small adjustments on either needle for flight adjustments."

Search this Thread