Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

OS GT33 33cc gasser

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 01:38 PM
rexbirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTK
Loose mufflers are a pain. The simplest thing thats worked great is use of Loctite Ultra Copper sealant on the muffler flange, muffler bolts and holes. Holds great but easy to remove. If more hold is needed, NordLoc washers under the bolt heads hold the bolts firm
+1 on the Ultra Copper. Works like a charm. Have used it on 3W, PTE and MLD gas engines with no issues. Make sure your flanges are clean (clean with acetone) put a very thin coating on both surfaces let it dry for 10 minutes or so. Put a dab on the bolt threads and snug up the bolts finger tight. An hour or so later torque them down. I then let mine set overnight and check the tightness again. Run it and check the tightness again. Problem solved.

Anyone just put it on and torque it down? Have not tried that method yet.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That switch to the NGK spark plugs seems to have the engine running reliably again. Thanks for the advice all...
Old 11-30-2014, 04:37 PM
jmvt

Hi, did you find a solution about the os t33 quitting on land? I have the same issue. Thanks

Last edited by jmvt; 11-30-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:31 PM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmvt
Hi, did you find a solution about the os t33 quitting on land? I have the same issue. Thanks

I think this is directed towards me... if not I apologize...

My issue was the O.S. spark plugs that came with the engine are apparently "not very good". The looked ok, they gapped ok, the sparked when tested out of the engine, but put them in the engine and nothing good happened. I went to autozone and bought a bunch of NGK Cm6 plugs and my issues immediately went away. Literally, boom, problems gone. Haven't come back...

Love the engine now..
Old 11-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Maddux99

+1. Exactly what Matt said. I had the same situationas he did. Toss the O.S. plug, replace with a CM6 and never look back.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:57 PM
jmvt

Ok, thanks.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:59 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some may already know this but I did not. On a different thread one of the posters suggested I try RCJapan for parts instead of Tower. Making a long story short, The parts I needed were priced at Tower (265$ +shipping, less whatever discount I could get) and then priced at RCJapan (90$ US +shipping from japan).

I ordered the parts October 28, they arrived Nov 9. Shipping was 18.50$ to NJ.

These are genuine OS, in OS packaging. I will use them again if necessary but I do hope it won't be necessary, LOL. FYI 4U.

I also priced the whole GT33 engine at RCJapan....about 330$ + shipping. Currently, the dollar is strong against the yen, so why not?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:07 PM
TomH
My Feedback: (4)

I got a question, I have two of the os 33's and I just got a os 22gt today and the OS box says Made in China. I have not looked on the gt 33 boxes but I am going to do just that when I get home from work. the instructions say OS and its from Japan. can someone clear this up for me. I love these motor, I don't have any Chinese motors, I know ill get flamed for that remark, but I also did'nt pay the O.S. price for it to be Chinese. either.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes, some OS engines are made in China.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:11 PM
the pope

My old OS22 was made in Japan but the new 22s are from China . Sorry about that ! I have a gf40 where the box says made in Japan but no markings on the engine . I may be a wee bit skeptical but i wonder if the engines is from China and the box from Japan and there trying to fool people , not good if this is true . Just checked my recently bought 33 and its Chinese . I guess its not a prob if the Q.C. is up to snuff unless you dont like the whole Chinese thing but then you would be sitting in a cave and not in a house on the computer ! Cheers the pope

Last edited by the pope; 12-15-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:28 AM
TomH
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by the pope
My old OS22 was made in Japan but the new 22s are from China . Sorry about that ! I have a gf40 where the box says made in Japan but no markings on the engine . I may be a wee bit skeptical but i wonder if the engines is from China and the box from Japan and there trying to fool people , not good if this is true . Just checked my recently bought 33 and its Chinese . I guess its not a prob if the Q.C. is up to snuff unless you dont like the whole Chinese thing but then you would be sitting in a cave and not in a house on the computer ! Cheers the pope
Your so right about that, but if QC is there I shouldn't have an issue. for me buying OS is/was like spending the difference on a DA engine, its the quality that I'm willing to pay the difference for. don't think I would be real happy if my next DA box said made in China, having said that I understand that Chinese influence is inescapable, it also seems our choices are as well, that I don't like.
T