Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

EME 55 DLE's new Cousin?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EME 55 DLE's new Cousin?

Milton that cylinder looks to have the new style porting. If they can maintain quality as to not using reject parts, out of round cylinders, poor runout yada yada. They may be able to have a successful product. Otherwise they will end up like every other two bit clone. For now guess where I am putting my money.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Tisoy909
My Feedback: (21)

To be honest I cannot quite relate the difference between an old DLE55 cylinder or a new one to be honest. All I know is that there was a DL50 then a DLE55. But if any of that even matters to anyone I can only guess the concern is if the quality of this new one is gonna be on par with a DLE55 that we all know. I believe thats the basic question of this thread anyway. If they spent 15K USD on preparing to put out this motor thats great but it doesnt really say much either.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Andika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Vacaman

Just got one. It look nice all around, just like an DLE. The bearings are NSK made in Japan.
Did you get yours here: ? http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=760721

Old 07-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Tisoy909

Hey get it from me instead, ill beat that price! hehe
Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Vacaman

I bought it from Cyclone. They are going run all the sales for international dealers, for what I understand.
As a user view I think there is some effort to bring out a good product, the bearings, the new reedblock, the fact that the engines have a serial number, the package, etc. Of course all this mean nothing if the engine doesnt perform as good as a DLE. About the dle conrod and copied cylinder, don´t know and don´t care, if the engine runs good and strong. If the conrod is from a faulty run, we will see, but It doesn´t make any sense to put a crapy conrod on a engine then do an extra effort to put good bearings and a redesigned or rede-copied reedblock, where there is a ton of them already available for cheap money.
I am going to give this engine 2 hour of easy flight, break in procedure, and then just fly as hard as possible. Hope can post some initial numbers next week.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
JEAMEHONG

Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 PM
JEAMEHONG

Can I talkwith you? [email protected]

Old 07-31-2011, 08:51 AM
sandyjain

ORIGINAL: Vacaman

I bought it from Cyclone. They are going run all the sales for international dealers, for what I understand.
As a user view I think there is some effort to bring out a good product, the bearings, the new reedblock, the fact that the engines have a serial number, the package, etc. Of course all this mean nothing if the engine doesnt perform as good as a DLE. About the dle conrod and copied cylinder, don´t know and don´t care, if the engine runs good and strong. If the conrod is from a faulty run, we will see, but It doesn´t make any sense to put a crapy conrod on a engine then do an extra effort to put good bearings and a redesigned or rede-copied reedblock, where there is a ton of them already available for cheap money.
I am going to give this engine 2 hour of easy flight, break in procedure, and then just fly as hard as possible. Hope can post some initial numbers next week.
I trust cyclone/ sdshobby. They have introduced many quality products in the recent past being extensively used by us at our club.
However eagerly awaiting your feedback on the EME55 and hoping they come out with a EME20 ASAP!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Andika

Why another 20cc engine ?
Why not a EME25 and EME40 twin ?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Vacaman

Ok, I just did a first run on my test bench. Everything was fine, and at a final inspection the engine seems to be all right, thought I didn´t force it past 5.000 rpm with the menz 22x10. Did start quite easily for a new engine. Closed the low end a little to reach a stable 2.100 idle. Vibrations seems normal to me, but again, it was on a test bench so in a plane may feel different. I have a giant reactor waiting for this engine, but I have to install all electronics so it may take a little longer to have this engine flying. I have another plane from a costumer waiting to be asembled, so to make things a little faster, I will run it for a couple of hours in the bench, and next week I will put in the reactor.
To have in consideration, I changed the spark plug to a ngk, and I had to reset the timing, becouse it was at 24º from the factory.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Mikola

ORIGINAL: JEAMEHONG

I wouln't be so happy!
googling thru google images this is what I found this morning... NIB and it does come broken, another crap engine.
http://www.acro3d.com/public/phpbb3/...11236&start=45

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20458.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	1642871  
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Vacaman

Yep, thats a broken crank, not good. They thought it was my engine and send me an email telling me that they will replace the bad part.
This will make me take more caution in how I use this engine.
Will post any finding, good or bad.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just stay behind it and run it hard, with heavy emphasis on low-high rapid throttle transitions. A 24-12 puts enough load on a 50 to shake gremlins loose.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Eagleburger

My DLE55 did the same thing after ~10 flights. I bought another crank for the price it costs to ship the motor to local dealer.

ORIGINAL: Mikola

ORIGINAL: JEAMEHONG

[img][/img]
I wouln't be so happy!
googling thru google images this is what I found this morning... NIB and it does come broken, another crap engine. [img][/img]
http://www.acro3d.com/public/phpbb3/...11236&start=45

[img][/img]

Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Vacaman

Will do, always stay safe, no matter the engine brand. I have a few props, but not a 24x12. That prop would be a good test.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

A 24-12 would only prove that the engine would at least run with one that size,,,I ran a DLE 30 with a 22-8 just to see if it would...5200 rpm...
Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Tisoy909

What da heck? could it have been just dropped maybe?, the metal in the break looks really porous, is that normal?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Antique

I have seen a few 3Ws just like that...You can drill and tap the crank and use a 6 or 8mm stud to hold the hub on the crank..The old Kalt/G23 and some of the glow engines are made that way...I have made some engines shorter by cutting the threads off the end and tapping the crank..Works well, saves the cost of a new crank......
Old 08-02-2011, 07:25 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Some asked why a manufacture would go to the trouble to spend money to make molds and then use products that are known to fail.

Here is a repeat of a conversation I had with a engine manufacture in China about two years ago.

ME- We have a problem with the cranks failing in the engine, If you use this crank rod bearing it should solve the problem
Answer- But they cost $2.00 more than the ones I get now.
Me- What has it cost us to replace the bad cranks.???
Answer What do I do with the cranks I have now.
Me- Trash them
Answer- That is a lot of money I will lose.
Me- what is it costing you to use them.
Answer- If I do not I will have to buy another 1,000 cranks.
Me- That is the cost of doing business.

At that point the conversation was over about the cranks and he did finally get good cranks but still shipped engines with the bad cranks to customer who did not know about the cranks so he could recoup is cost on the bad cranks he had, I know this for a fact because a lot of them made there way to the US and I fixed them.

It is all about money and cost of producing the engines, Just like the cranks.
If indeed they do have to buy a 1,000 at a time that is $2,000.00 more per order.

Now for all that want to get into the RC engine business, Make sure before you do it you have good knowledge of RC gas engines and can do your own warranty work on them, The cost of doing the warranty work has put a lot of people the last couple years out of business, They just close up and left the past customers holding the bag on the engines they bought.

If I had to pay someone to do the warranty work I would have been under a couple years ago, I have rebuilt over 200 engines, just think about what that would have cost me if I had to pay someone to do it. ????

It cost me chunk just in shipping cost back to the customer.

Milton

Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Umran

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Some asked why a manufacture would go to the trouble to spend money to make molds and then use products that are known to fail.

Here is a repeat of a conversation I had with a engine manufacture in China about two years ago.

ME- We have a problem with the cranks failing in the engine, If you use this crank rod bearing it should solve the problem
Me- Trash them

At that point the conversation was over about the cranks and he did finally get good cranks but still shipped engines with the bad cranks to customer who did not know about the cranks so he could recoup is cost on the bad cranks he had, I know this for a fact because a lot of them made there way to the US and I fixed them.

If indeed they do have to buy a 1,000 at a time that is $2,000.00 more per order.

Now for all that want to get into the RC engine business, Make sure before you do it you have good knowledge of RC gas engines and can do your own warranty work on them, The cost of doing the warranty work has put a lot of people the last couple years out of business, They just close up and left the past customers holding the bag on the engines they bought.

If I had to pay someone to do the warranty work I would have been under a couple years ago, I have rebuilt over 200 engines, just think about what that would have cost me if I had to pay someone to do it. ????

Milton

The conversation is right on the ball.... off topic but it is there...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Antique

Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Vacaman

Me- Trash them

Milton

You got a point there, some bussines man only see short term income, and they do things in a different way than us. But I know some others that try to do things correctly. Chinese or not.
I will give some credit to EME engines, at least enough to be tested. From then, they will have to probe them self.
About your experience dealing with JC engines, well belive me, it has served to others, including me, to take precautions. Of course is not posibble to be 100% safe, but at least you can be prepared in case anything goes bad.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 AM
BadAzzMaxx

I did not mention a manufacture, over the last 5 years i have dealt with more than one. LOL

The first I dropped money into was the MT line.

Milton
Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

I did not mention a manufacture.....

Milton
Milton,

You didn't have to. We read the JC thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10627691/tm.htm
Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Vacaman

Today I tested the engine with a few props. It has less than a liter trought it, so it has to improve a little, but is pretty close of what I am getting from a dle55 with the exact same props. I am about 500m of altittude.
The engine ran pretty good today, so I am just going to put on the plane, becouse I see no point of more bench running.
Here is the video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsJzxbVDhRo[/youtube]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.