Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Looking for a little more than a DLE 55

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Looking for a little more than a DLE 55

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 04:47 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for a little more than a DLE 55

Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for a little more than a DLE 55

ZDZ 80 or 90 will wake her up. Not much heavier than a standard G62.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:30 AM
kd4jaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by airraptor
IS your "model" engine designed to run at a steady rpm state? NO
At this time i do not own any R/C gas engines, I do how ever have a highly modded yamaha raptor that i drag race in the dunes. I have seen some many times where guys will run "race gas" or "AVGAS" and "think" they now have a race engine or an engine that makes more power.

IF your engine has low compression to run just fine on 87-89 octane gas with a preset ignition timing, then why will the engine make more power on a high octane gas? It doesnt.

Your gas like you said is burning slow so how is that better? That might be good if your engine is over propped.
How much is that race gas costing you?

Anyway its a hobby and if you want to run that AVGAS then thats your choice but when you suggest it to other give them all the facts first so they can make an informed decision.

You can get some very good "race" gas in the 89-91 octane range that works very well and will give you that "race" gas smell.
I agree with these guys, do NOT run avgas. Our lower compression engines gain nothing with the higher octane fuel and don't run hot enough to burn off the tetraethyl lead in avgas. Just as a comparision, the leaded car gas of days gone by had 0.5 ml of lead per gallon. Avgas has 2ml of lead per gallon, that is 4TIMES the amount, the engines don't carbon up, they LEAD up and will even bridge the sparkplug gap if idling too long. Don't waste your money on Avgas. You are better off looking for Non-Ethanol gas, no issues finding it in Orlando.