Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

New statement from JC ENGINE power co.,ltd

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

New statement from JC ENGINE power co.,ltd

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New statement from JC ENGINE power co.,ltd

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Add to that a Horizon rep. felt the need to circumvent normal channels to appease the guy, succumbing to what amounted to bullying.
I agree with the sentiment here from tom and bob, because everybody thinks if they whine enuf (squeaky wheel gets the grease), they'll get what they want, but I really dislike how manufacturers/retailers do stuff like this (gotta buy the whole thing to get one part et al). Whether its laziness or greed, I believe they do it on purpose, because it helps the bottom line. It's akin to the retailer selling 2 *blanks* for $2, or one for $1.29. You won't just sell me one for the sale price? Come on...

I needed a powervalve controller case for my snowmobile a few years ago; yes, because of my mistake. Didn't need the internals; just the plastic case that was cracked. Had to buy the whole $100 unit to get the case...I realize the manufacturers don't wanna have a billion part numbers to service, but sometimes a little common sense/help the customer out attitude would be nice...
Old 07-24-2011, 01:58 PM
MercerAUST

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. My point is that the Intetrnet is a powerful medium whether you like it or not. If you bad mouth someone, both loose (their reputation/potential sales and your view will be challenged).

I complained becasue I thought I had a legitimate complaint.  I don't object to paying a premium for after-service. I don't object to paying a discount for an engine with no after service. But I do object to paying a premium and getting poor/no after service. After waiting 6 months for a simple $20 Hall Sensor, searching every hobby shop on the world wide net to find everyone is out of stock, I'm going to do whatever it takes to get good service. I won't do it lightly.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 AM
MSS999

Subscribed - will be interesting to see what happens in the next 12 months.

I think there is room for one or possibly two more Chinese engine manufacturers to become profitable competitors to DLE, selling a reasonable and consistent quality product at the same price levels as DLE. This is a real business opportunity that could be won by DLA or JC or some other. Whoever it is will have to work at it and take the long term view rather than just quick profit. JC will have to work twice as hard if they wish to have a future inthis space because of their track record.

So there is a real opportunity at the moment for a maufacturer to step in with a view to delivering DLE comparable quality, support and prices. The rest of the manufacturers will probably have to remain selling sub-standard $150 engines to unsuspecting first time buyers but not for much profit and will come and go. My guess is that there probably isn't much profit in making and selling these sub-$150 engines and that the incremental cost to consistently produce a reasonable quality engine would not be that high.

As I said, it will be interesting to see if any of the current sub-standard manufacturers have the foresight and business acument to realize what they have to do for long term survival.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately those first time buyers will be stuck with products that break easily, don't have parts for repair, and are too unreliable to fly their planes. Next come all the posts seeking help in a hopeless situation.

It would be far better if all buyers, first time or otherwise, finally looked beyond price or the ability to purchase at Tower, and made decisions based on known product qualities. Those low priced engines is how JC and a few others have developed their market share. Yes, the next 12 months wil be interesting. Interesting to see if JC lives up to the promises made in this thread, and how the next shipment of engines, and the next and the next, performs over time.

Another said it quite well somewhat earlier. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm afraid I see too many people that are hearing what they want to hear instead of what is being said, hoping the process does not repeat itself. One only needs to review the history of the Chinese business model to recognize what has gone before has a high probability of doing the same again. It's a cycle that has already repeated itself several times.

Buyer beware!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Mike Miller

Subscribed !
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 AM
JCENGINE

Hi T,O,M

Thanks for your attention. JC factory will keep all warranty service in long time , whatever how many bad service in past, but JC was started changing our service notion now . like your thought ,time will let everyone to know more and more .BTW, who want to repair your Area51or Area102 , please contact Milton. if your jc28cc need repairbut can't get any helps in USA then you may goto sent email to our factory ( [email protected])we will do our best to service for you.

Thank you

JC engine

www.jcengine.com
Old 07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Tired Old Man

JC Engine,

I really hope you follow through on your promises. Should you fail you will have committed your company to failure. I think we all understand you would re-open a week later under a new name with a super low price to capture attention.

Understand that many are fed up with having to constantly explain to newbies why some products are not worth the price paid for them and that ownership will bring nothing but grief and dissapointment, or worse, crashed models. For manufacturers to promote such products is a clear indication of a total lack of personal and professional ethics and honor.

So far you're getting a lot of free advertising through this thread. Understand that if you tried the same on another site your posts would be removed until you bought some ad space. Your first post in this thread was little more than an attempt to obtain that advertising and I'm surprised the moderators at this site failed to make note of it.

You've got another chance it seems, one that on a persoal level would not be presented. Make proper use of it and become profitable or revert to your old ways and fight a losing battle towards bankruptcy.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:43 PM
MSS999

As an example of a good product and factory support for the distributor, the European distributor for Zenoah engines has been in that role for over 25 years. He provides a 5-year warranty on all Zenoahs and is able to honour that without question. That says a lot about the quality of the product and support from the manufacturer. This should be the bechmark.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Tired Old Man

A 5 year warranty on a product that will last 30 years or more is a no brainer. I doubt that warranty gets used much.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Zenoah could warranty their engines for however long the purchaser uses them...It takes a LONG time or just plain stupidity to wear out a Zenoah of any size....
Same goes for manufacturers that use chainsaw cranks, cylinders, and pistons...
And don['t even try to telll me that chainsaw engines are old technology, they have to build engines that last for years in way worse environments and that work way harder, day after day....[>:]
Old 08-02-2011, 07:13 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Antique
And don['t even try to telll me that chainsaw engines are old technology, they have to build engines that last for years in way worse environments and that work way harder, day after day....[>:]
Besides, if they are old technology, aren't the bulk of the clone makers copying those engines?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Yup, even the new porting in the DLE is taken from the Zenoah from what I can tell.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:33 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Now if they could just copy the crank system from a Zenoah they would solve a lot of there problems.

One of the main failures of the china made engines are the crank system and just do not understand why.

Have never seen a Zenoah or any other chainsaw conversion have a needle bearing failure.

Milton
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
MSS999

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

One of the main failures of the china made engines are the crank system and just do not understand why.

Milton

Perhaps because the knowhow (or lack of the same) in complex heat treatment processes makes a huge difference in highly critical and stresed areas?

I would say that's the difference between copying and cloning - what we see are copies of form rather than true clones.

MSS.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: MSS999

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Milton

Perhaps because the knowhow (or lack of the same) in complex heat treatment processes makes a huge difference in highly critical and stresed areas?

I would say that's the difference between copying and cloning - what we see are copies of form rather than true clones.

MSS.
You are so right.

Karol