Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Who needs JC engines Area 51 and 102 warrany repairs

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Who needs JC engines Area 51 and 102 warrany repairs

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:46 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who needs JC engines Area 51 and 102 warrany repairs

Would like to find out if there are JC engines Area 51 and 102 out there that need warranty repairs.

Kevin at JC engines has contacted me and said he would send the parts if I would do the repairs, Just kind of fill obligated to do it if he he will send the parts.

Now this is for the Area 51 and 102 only, Not any of the other engines made by JC engines.

In the past I paid the return shipping but can not do it anymore, When the engines are repaired I will see what the return shipping will cost and let customer know before shipping it out, will send a invoice through Pay Pal that can be paid by Pay Pal or credit card.

If you have one that has warranty problems now is the time to get it fixed, They are good running engines when the crank systems are upgraded.

If you have any questions, Email me at [email protected] or give me a call 678 372 7697.

Now this does stem around if he send me the parts for repairs. So do not send any engines until I confirm here that I have the parts.

Milton
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 AM
clivemc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who needs JC engines Area 51 and 102 warrany repairs

Well Done Milton -

with any luck ..............
Old 07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Good stuff Milton.

I know it has always been nagging you that there were some engines of that line out there but people couldn't get them fixed.
Not many people would take on blanket support for a range of engines without any apparent compensation

My hat off to you
Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: apalsson

Good stuff Milton.

I know it has always been nagging you that there were some engines of that line out there but people couldn't get them fixed.
Not many people would take on blanket support for a range of engines without any apparent compensation

My hat off to you
Yea, It has always bugged me because they had enough confidence in me to buy them., When I go to events and someone is flying with one of the engines the first thing that goes through my mind is I hope that one has the good crank. LOL

I am hoping that there are not that many out there, I was at one time rebuilding 10-12 a week so maybe most of them have been upgraded or repaired, I know when people would contact me with a problem no matter what it was I would get them to send me the engine so I could check it out and upgrade the crank if needed.

Milton
Old 07-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Milton, three questions.

How will labor time be handled?

Will the engine owners be responsible for those costs?

Will you be performing the labor for free?

Would JC be compensating you for the labor?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Milton, three questions.

How will labor time be handled?

Will the engine owners be responsible for those costs?

Will you be performing the labor for free?

Would JC be compensating you for the labor?
The only cost to the customer will be shipping in both directions.

As for compensation for my time we are still working on that.

Milton
Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
aussiesteve

Milton you are to be applauded for this considering what he put you through.

I wonder if he(Kevin,JCEngines) will cover all of the other modelssuch as theJC28's, YDA's, JC40's etc that he supplied to other dealers. Or if he will just cover Milton and hope the others all go away. I am talking worldwide here and all distributors,ex-distributors and "group buyers". Following the threads, there are plenty of them out there that have been bitten.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:57 PM
novayusa

Is YDA brand name owned by JC factory?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: novayusa

Is YDA brand name owned by JC factory?
No, the YD-A brand name is owned by YD Models in Australia
Old 07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
novayusa

So, YD models should take cover their OEM/ODM products to their customers. The bad communications with JC factoy not a good reason for customers and YD must to set all done with them to get solution for warranty service. Users haven't right to ask anything to JC factory because the brand name not owned by them. Just do what Milton is doing with JC factory to serve his customers well.
There is a good exmple, The Vallyview not buying MT35 and MT70 from MT now but they still serve their MT engines owner well.What Vallyview is doing with MT enginesshould be a good reference.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 PM
aussiesteve

Whilst it has all been published numerous times before, I find a need to publish it again. I have tried to stay away from Kevins latest attempts to squeeze more money from the USA (and other places in the world) to China (Like the USA really needs to send more money out of the country right now)

The YD-A brand name is owned and registered by me however only a very limited number of the engines were made by me and the others were never placed through my hands neither did I see a cent for those. I allowed another company to use the name and the basic designs in North and South America.

I made the original YD-A's for Australia here in Australia however the USA distributor (who supplied all but two or three of the YD-A product that was supplied outside of Australia) got the engines manufactured by JC Engines. Those engines were somewhat modified by JC Engines and were not made to the original specifications (as I only managed to confirm quite recently). The result was that a large quantity of those engines were supplied with poor performance due to the modifications porposed and made by JC Engines. Most of the early ones that were made to the original specs are in fact still being flown and the owners of those remain happy with them. I have an Advanced IMAC flyer here that has over 250 hours on a 112 with zero maintenance, my own engines have well in excess of 300 hours also with no maintenance and there are many other examples of it here fro both the 112 and the 56. The original designs and specifications are very sound indeed.

Should YD Australia (that is I) be responsible for those problematic engines overseas? I don't think so.
Is the original US distributor around now to help out? - No. (The whole JC deal and losses associated with it finally finished him off - sound familiar with so many other Engine companies of various brands?).
Has the current JC distributor (and a YDA reseller under the original distributor) tried to help out as much as possible? - YES.

Has the JC factory done anything to help out or to rectify the issues of the poor quality product they were paid in full to supply? - NO

Yes, Valleyview have done well to continue to support the MT product they handled but they also had some support from MT to do so. I wish JC would support the YDA distributor to also do the same thing but so far they seem very reluctant to do so.

FWIW. I was also a JC distributor that got bitten on the Area 51's, Area 102's and JC 28's, including "watered down" orders from the factory. My successor was similarly bitten. Kevin has yet to reply to my e-mails regarding this and anyone who may want to take a risk on his future performance is welcome to buy my remaining stock - I will add that that stock is considered unwarrantable due to the unknown life expectancy of it.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 PM
novayusa

As users, We don't care what problems between you and manafacturer. All we need is the warranty service can be going. Why Area series engine can but YD-A brand can't get the solution? Maybe Milton has takensome compromiseto keep his warranty service to customers. Well done. Milton. You are the man!

If JC send the YD-A products directly to other customers without your authorization. You must to shoot JC by law to protect your profit and brand name.Never act like a baby crying on the front door. Sorry to say that but business is business
Old 07-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Tired Old Man

novausa, you are not a user. You are part of a Chinese engine manufacturer distribution chain.

As for you reference to Valley View, the reason they handle the MT warranty work is because there is now little of it to do. The few engines sold by VV have all been custom re-worked to meet Valley View spercifications,not MT's. Any MT engine that now leaves Valley View is nowhere close to the engine it started out as.

JC has a lot of proving to do before earning any trust. Talk is cheap.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 PM
novayusa

Sorry, Inever distribute any Chinese manafature engines.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: novayusa

Sorry, I never distribute any Chinese manafature engines.
So, you can confirm you have no connection with any Chinese engine manufacturer?
Silly lass
Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 PM
novayusa

Be honestly, Iam the muffler supplier for many engine manafacturer but nothing to do with what YD-A, Area even JC28,JC40...etc
Old 07-21-2011, 09:53 PM
apalsson

Any relations with MT?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 PM
aussiesteve

Hey ya "nowayusa"

See you don't know the full story do you. Did "Kevin" only give you part of it to use?

Fact is - I HAVE authorised him to provide YDA parts to the current dealers to fix warranty issues. That authorisation was in fact given to him many months ago.

He has been specifically instructed to NOT supply any new orders of YDA engines but he has been told to supply spare parts for warranty purposes.
He has not done any of those things to date and as a result seems to have gotten away with his games.

Meanwhile, here is one of his ex-distributors trying to do the right thing by his customers. I hope Mr Jiang holds up his side of the deal for Milton. Only time will tell.

Now all Mr Jiang needs to do is to strike a similar deal with the rest of his direct customers who got "done like a dinner" with his games of knowingly supplying unacceptable product at full price.

Nothing would make me happier than to see him do that and for him to continue into the future supplying good engines the first time every time. If he does that, I would be one of the first to applaud him.

See my signature line? it is written for a reason.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 PM
novayusa

Yes, Ihave supplied muffler to MT
Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 PM
apalsson

The "Silent Beauty"?
That's one of your products, right?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 PM
novayusa

Sorry to know your story with JC engines but all of these you should to make a solution out with them to protect your brand name. Nothing be told by JC about YD-A. Maybe someday will be if Ihave opportunity to contact with them.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 PM
novayusa

Sorry Ihave no idea about silent beauty.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Tired Old Man

How does anyone protect their brand names when the Chinese are involved? There is no shortage of evidence showing that country will steal any and all intellectual property if they have an opportunity to do so. Until the World Court initiates legal action against the Chinese for patent and copyright infringement, which would leave them extremely busy for the next 100 years, there can be no brand name protection.

Where should they start, IBM, Microsoft, movie production firms, Boeing, Lockeed, Desert Aircraft, 3w, Bisson, Gucci, Rolex, Continental, Cessna, Honda, Lycoming? Those are only a small selection of companies the Chinese have stolen I.P. from.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:10 AM
tomyrcmodels

I have zero problem about muffler since NOVAYUSA to become our muffler supplyer . and only complain are from some dealer because they lost quite number of sell the replacement muffler for they customer. but it's good for end user . right
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 AM
novayusa

Tommy, Are you complaining that you lost many muffler replacement order from your customer also? he he....
In my muffler career, There was some overseas customer to send me sample for copy and promise to place big quantity order to me. Many famous brands like KS,MTW,Hatori, Zimmermen, NOVAROSSI....etc. I refused all of these. Am I a silly boy? Idon't know what the other muffler manafacturer do when they meet the same situation. How can you blame them to steal the products from others. Who ask them to do so?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.