Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Bill Carpenter and the Goldberg Award in the AMA mag

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Bill Carpenter and the Goldberg Award in the AMA mag

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bill Carpenter and the Goldberg Award in the AMA mag

Was looking at the new MA and seen the Award..

I cannot think of anyone that could deserve this award more than Bill.. In fact I would love to see him in the AMA Hall of Fame for everything he has done to promote the hobby and Gas engines in particular.. Congrats Bill (Grumpy#2) on this recognition, you truly deserve it..

Rick
Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bill Carpenter and the Goldberg Award in the AMA mag

No one deserves it more than him. Dan.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:42 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I beg to second that.

Karol
Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Much that Bill has done has never received the recognition it should.

Had it not been for Bill and CH Ignitions the plane my company made would have never been able to cross the Atlantic non-stop. Without Bill's ignitions, many thousands of troops would have been denied overhead ISR coverage in multiple war zones. Many would have died because i.e.d.'s were not discovered before the arrival of a convoy. Many snipers would not have been seen before they were able to pull a trigger.

Bill, we could not have done it without you. Thank you so very much, and congratulations!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

He should have been in the AMA haill of Fame many years ago!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Had it not been for Bill and CH Ignitions the plane my company made would have never been able to cross the Atlantic non-stop. Without Bill's ignitions, many thousands of troops would have been denied overhead ISR coverage in multiple war zones. Many would have died because i.e.d.'s were not discovered before the arrival of a convoy. Many snipers would not have been seen before they were able to pull a trigger.
Bill, we could not have done it without you. Thank you so very much, and congratulations!
Great post Pat. It really puts Bill's accomplishments into perspective and what they have done for others. I hope many people read it and reflect on the effect Bill's work has had on the world.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Thank you everyone,do not think I deserved this award.But it was nice,and thank youSolli Cadman. I was told by a vary active magazine writer about 30 years ago that I would never sell a ignition system for model airplanes. Well we didn't we sold thousands of them.
I remember when I put a glow plug in a Arden 19 about 1949,I said I would never use a spark plug again.Things change.Flying is my first love,after my high school sweetheart.We have been married 57 years as of last Sat.Good times,bad times sad times.
With all of my health problems,I am very lucky I can see well enough to still fly .Medications took most of my hearing but did not harm my eyes.
Some one will be building C&H ignitions.Will be useing Japan,Chinese and US made parts.Will not be useing RCEXL timing modules.Our new timing module will be very close to the Syncro Spark The best timing module ever built. The Mans name is Adrian ,I would not work with him If I did not think he could do it right. I have seen his work and it is impeckable.(sp).He is from Romania he is going back there today to get married. Maybe he isn't too smart that will be the end of him. Just kidding Adrian.
Still get tired very easy.It's hard to type with tears in your eyes.
Thank you and God Bless Everyone.
Bill Carpenter(AMA 2500).
And that you TKG I could not have done it with out him.
Will really miss my dear friend Maynard Hill. Gave him a bad time about dropping my igntions in ocean,but he made it across.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

That is great news Bill. I will be watching for them to come on the market.