Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Faulty Ignition – NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 06:32 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone could take a covering iron set at around 140° with a magnet on it and see how long before it dies. Repeated runs would give us modelers a time line for replacement. But then again most don't have airframes that last that long.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Corsair2013
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received my new ignition - works like a charm. The old one is in the trash. The switch works fine and the magnet seems fine so I guess I am lucky I didn't have to dig that magnet out and replace it.

I had the ignition on my dual LiFe batteries at 6.3 but am adding a 7.2v NiMh battery just for the ignition. I want to keep the ignition isolated from the Rx and Servos just to be sure and I need a little more weight out front anyway. It is a 1500mah so it should last all day with plenty of reserve. The manual says a 1200 mah will last 2 hours of flight time so 1500mah should be just fine.

Keith