Sundance2018

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys -
Am hoping someone on this forum has some ideas for me. I just bought a brand new Moki G140 (gas version) RC engine. This will be the first gas engine I've tried, but am well aware of Moki quality so I figured that I couldn't go wrong with it. I am concerned, though, that it might not be enough power for my planned aircraft build.
My application for this engine is for a Balsa USA 1/4 scale Fokker DR.I triplane. The all up weight on this model should be ~ 14lbs. and the engine recommendations are for a 1.2-1.8 4-stroke glow or a 23cc-30cc gas. When I was doing my engine shopping I found that a lot of guys are using the Zenoah G26 with this model and feel that it works really well. So, when I compared the power ratings...etc. between the 26cc Zenoah vs. the 23cc Moki G140 it seemed that the Moki clearly outperformed the Zenoah (and most other 26cc - 30cc engines in the same class for that matter, i.e. like a FUJI IMVAC BT 32 or even the DLE 30).
My engine came with a custom Bisson inverted 2-pipe muffler, and I am strongly considering getting a velocity stack for the engine. Bill Jensen here in the USA services these engines and sells a black plastic stack for it. Says it may need to be trimmed down, though, to fit.
My questions to you fellows who are much smarter & wiser than me on this subject are:
1) What are your views on the power of this Moki vs. comparable class? Do you think I made a good choice and do you think it will provide plenty of solid ample power for the 1/4 scale Fokker?
2) What are your views on whether I should get the velocity stack or not? I don't like the idea of trimming it down.
3) What about mounting? There's a radial back plate mount that I can get but the engine also is designed for beam mounting. I'm concerned about vibration so does anybody have recommendations in this regard?

Am looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers - Tom
Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Look here, might answer some of your questions
Moki Mark G 140 RC gas engine
Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 AM
captinjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a new Moki 1.35 in the box. It also has a Bison twin outlet exhaust included. I have too many health issues & will not have time too finish all the many engine projects I have. PM me for a price. Thanks Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	1944393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	1944394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0640.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	3.28 MB