skip1320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NGH 9cc

WOW! That sounds great!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I WANT ONE OF THOSE CARBURATORS......LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a few engines to try one on...already have the ignition. Capt,n
Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 AM
captinjohn

Removed....other countries can find iton hteir own.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like they beat DLE to the punch..... i predicted they would come out with a 10cc soon
Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 PM
skip1320

At this point I dont think DLE would sell somthing that ran like that.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

I always thought it was a law on the internet that all gassers NEEDED 4 or 6 bolt prop hubs...HMMMM
Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
aussiesteve

Michael announced a while back that he had this on the board. Good to see he has achieved it as I know of a couple of other "manufacturers" who have been trying (unsuccesfully) to get one out in this size range. Michael is at least "thinking outside the square" to get things working.

I hope he has sorted out any bugs that may exist with his other sizes of engines before unleashing the next size on the general public
Or is it just easier to introduce something new in the knowledge that some wil just have to have it - Where do I get one - gotta admit - they do look like a cool thing to take to the field
(from one who has a Thunder Tiger 0.07 as a key chain)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Anybody ever look at BMEs ST gasser ?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM
skip1320

Here,s mine cant get it to sound quite like Michals products though,HMMMM? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT7Ctrrptt0
Old 08-30-2011, 03:02 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: Antique

Anybody ever look at BMEs ST gasser ?
Yep - I have one that is flown occassionally (it is in a Stick that I throw in the car when I take a quick trip to the farms). It is as sweet or sweeter than any other similar sized gasser (15cc) than I have ever seen. I got mine used because the previous owner didn't understand small needle adjustments for tuning. To buy a new one does cost a little more than some of the others though.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

looks like they beat DLE to the punch..... i predicted they would come out with a 10cc soon
DLE has no plans to build an engine this size.

Thank you God!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
CustomPC

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

I WANT ONE OF THOSE CARBURATORS......LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a few engines to try one on...already have the ignition. Capt,n[img][/img]

Me too.

I'm thinking that carb and either a gas/glow fuel mix or the Enya Gasoline glow plug should make for a nice economical engine for small models.

I think the weight of the ignition will prevent it's use on many models that would suit an engine that small.

I'm with Aussie Steve, i'm one of those early adopters that just has to play with the latest thing, whether i have a real use for it or not.
I will probably end up buying one of these and then spend the next few weeks researching for a model that the engine's weight, size and power will best fit.
I really should do it the other way around, but where's the fun in that.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
CustomPC

ORIGINAL: skip1320

I'm confused, is that a compliment or criticism of the NGH?

I wanna know what prop size is in the video. 12,200rpm is nothing to sneeze at.
It seems to accelerate rapidly but there is some lag between the throttle movement and rpm increased.
In reality, a servo would move the throttle much slower than that operators ham fisted approach so the engine should go better in a model.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: jedijody

How long before DLE brings out a DLE40cc twin?....hmmm?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
bw5493
My Feedback: (36)

That looks like the fabled Magnum .52 Gassers Hobby peeps has been threatening us with for the past year, yet never has been in stock. Also known as an ASP engine..same factory. I'd love to have a bunch of those, as my entire fleet would be gas. Who needs electric!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:17 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Come on Jody, you're not that bored yet?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

Thank you God!
i guess they know what's in their best interest
Old 08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
jedijody

DLE does have new models on the drawing board and further along in developement but nothing even close to this small size. The majority of their efforts are being shifted in a direction and size that will not suit the hobby model market, that's not to say that there isn't anything planned for this market as well but smaller than 50cc is not in the picture.   
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
jedijody

ORIGINAL: CustomPC

ORIGINAL: skip1320

I'm confused, is that a compliment or criticism of the NGH?

I wanna know what prop size is in the video. 12,200rpm is nothing to sneeze at.
It seems to accelerate rapidly but there is some lag between the throttle movement and rpm increased.
In reality, a servo would move the throttle much slower than that operators ham fisted approach so the engine should go better in a model.
He is obviously more perceptive of how that engine is running, Iwould term it a criticism andstrongly agree with his statement. I've not run the G9 but Ihave run many of Michael's designs, this one appears to be no different.

What RPM rangewould you expect a .55 ci. engine to operate in, 12K doesn't seem veryimpressive to me.Spinning a prop at high RPM is not much of an evaluation for an engine.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM
CustomPC

I've not run the G9 but I have run many of Michael's designs, this one appears to be no different.

What RPM range would you expect a .55 ci. engine to operate in? Spinning a prop at high RPM is not much of an evaluation for an engine.
As the owner of an NGH 17cc, i'd like to hear your opinion on his designs. Feel free to be honest and call it like you see it. I respect your opinion because you are more experienced and knowledgeable in this field than I am. If i've bought a lemon i want to know.
I chose the GT17 because it's a better physical fit in this particular model. As impressive as the DLE 20 is, i'm personally not a fan of shoehorning them into genuine .60 sized models. If i ever get a .90 - 1.20 size model the DLE 20 will be the engine i choose.

Regarding the RPM range, without knowing the prop size it's hard to call.
If that was an 11x6 prop it would be roughly equivalent to a .46 glow.
If it was a 10x6 it's pretty weak.
If it was a 12x6 its a pretty good figure for an engine that size.
I'd be comparing it to a 4-stroke rather than 2-stroke glow. I'd wan't to know what's the largest prop it can spin at 10-11k.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:19 PM
jedijody

I tested multiple 17s and the 25. The 17 was billed to have major improvements over the JBA 15.

What I would describe as very minor improvements were offset by added weight. Even with the "custom" carburetor, running quality was only marginally improved over the JBA 15, still not an appropriately sized or calibrated carburetor for the engine. No real improvements were made where it counts, it's essentially the exact same engine internally, same crankshaft, connecting rod (w/bushings), liner and porting. The muffler was made a little stronger but it wasn't an issue for anyone with a sense of torque values, the carburetor adapter was eliminated but for what reason other than manufacturing ease and a reduced parts count, zero advantage to the end user. IMO the only improvement with benefit to the end user was the relocation of the pulse line connection from the back of the engine to the side right next to the carburetor. But this was even botched by using two nipples and a passage through the crankcase to the mounting base for the carburetor, would have made much more sense to just use an external pulse fuel pump cover on the carburetor and connect the pulse line there.

They do run though and if one can be satisfied with the way the JBA 15 runs they would be satisfied with the 17, I wouldn't be with either one but then I don't fly anything this small for pleasure even if it ran like a sewing machine, only testing. One has no real advantage over the other.

I'm not even going to get into the 25, it's a total disappointment IMO, just an enlarged 17 with all the same issues at the same price as a DLE20.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Andika

GT9 = 11 x 6 - 12400 rpm

Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 AM
MetallicaJunkie

DLE does have new models on the drawing board and further along in developement but nothing even close to this small size. The majority of their efforts are being shifted in a direction and size that will not suit the hobby model market, that's not to say that there isn't anything planned for this market as well but smaller than 50cc is not in the picture.

in response to what you said in bold...ok so that means they are going to focus on engines for UAVs(like 3w)...i cant think of a use for these engines other than hobby use

ok my next prediction is a 60 or a 120 twin
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 AM
captinjohn

It is no secrete that China has been trying hard to gather all the data on the Secrete defense items the USA and other countries have. Well it looks like we oppened the door sharing all the engine data for what will probably be engines used in Unmaned aircraft for their use. Not too good when you think about it. Just My 2 Cents Capt,n

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.