Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Can't find the oils you all recommend...

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Can't find the oils you all recommend...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 02:31 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Can't find the oils you all recommend...

Belray has two oils.
H1R for a mix of 4% to 2% (1:25 to 1:50)
MC1 for a mix of 2% - 1% (1:50 or 1:80) (1:100 for larger that 250cc cylinders)

MC1 will not stay in suspension well at rich mixes, nor is it intended for those, so for 1:32 use H1R
Old 09-03-2011, 03:55 PM
fred985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

run it,,just make it a little rich on the mixture for an hour or so. do not ever lean out t5he oil just because somebody tells you. that is sure death for a 2 cyl engine.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:15 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

stay away from the klotz oil that has castor/bean oil in it, its made for racing engines that get torn down/rebuilt frequently. I have a friend who is a powersports technician that ran that oil in his rotax 503 powered ultralight, after about 20 hours on a fresh rebuilt motor it got hard to start and wouldn't run right, after going through all kinds of trouble shooting with no results, we pulled the exhaust manifold off and discovered that the oil had coked onto the pistons and seized the rings. I have over 750 hours of flight time behind rotax 2 stroke engine with no problems and i run pennzoil air cooled oil, even rotax recommends pennzoil over their own brand of oils. i'm not a fan of synthetic oil because it really has poor lubrication qualities for engines that don't get used frequently, stick with a good brand of mineral oil and mix it according to engine manufacturers instruction and don't believe all the hype about synthetic oil being better, its overpriced and unnecessary
Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: avidflyguy

stay away from the klotz oil that has castor/bean oil in it, its made for racing engines that get torn down/rebuilt frequently. I have a friend who is a powersports technician that ran that oil in his rotax 503 powered ultralight, after about 20 hours on a fresh rebuilt motor it got hard to start and wouldn't run right, after going through all kinds of trouble shooting with no results, we pulled the exhaust manifold off and discovered that the oil had coked onto the pistons and seized the rings. I have over 750 hours of flight time behind rotax 2 stroke engine with no problems and i run pennzoil air cooled oil, even rotax recommends pennzoil over their own brand of oils. i'm not a fan of synthetic oil because it really has poor lubrication qualities for engines that don't get used frequently, stick with a good brand of mineral oil and mix it according to engine manufacturers instruction and don't believe all the hype about synthetic oil being better, its overpriced and unnecessary
Rotax recently changed their recomendations for oil. Penzoil has been bought out by Shell. Shell has revamped the oil formula specifically for the Rotax motors. The new oil is called Aeroshell Sport Plus 2. The new oil is also API TC. I haven't run any of this new oil yet, but as soon as I locate a source I'll give it a whirl.

http://www.aero-hesbaye.be/ROTAX/pdf/aeroshell2.pdf
Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 AM
PiperDriver
My Feedback: (152)

Red Line 2 stroke racing oil is awesome stuff. can be had within two days from SUMMIT RACING.com