Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

A Very Special Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A Very Special Thank You

A very dirty, but very pleasant and appreciated, trick was played on me a little earlier today. It brought tears of happiness to my eyes when how it came about was related.

I'm taking this moment to give a very heartfelt and special thanks to, and in no particular order, Super8, Aussiesteve, apaulson, and JediJody. You guys really hit me hard and I really don't know what to say or how to repay any of you, but know you've all always had a special place with me.

WOW!!

With the utmost sincerity and gratititude,

Pat
Old 09-24-2011, 02:01 PM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Very Special Thank You

Don't leave us hanging, what was it.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM
apalsson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mate, none of us expect any repayment, acknowledgement or comments apart from the kowledge that your day was brightened a bit.

Over the years, I have personally learnt more from reading your posts and the advice you have given me offline than from any other sources combined so I wanted to contribute in small ways to an initiative that was really driven by someone else.
This knowledge you have given me is of more value than any material objects I can think of.
Just enjoy your days ahead. Jody is a better friend to you than you will ever imagine
Old 09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

apalsson....I just gave you 5 stars on your post. Take care Mate. Capt,n
Old 09-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

If it made your day it made mine. Enjoy.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:33 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Super08

If it made your day it made mine. Enjoy.
What makes "are day" is knowing TOM,s Day turned out good. That made my day!!!!!! Capt,n
Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 PM
aussiesteve

Pat
The amount of assistance you have given to so many out here in RC land is very much appreciated by those that took the effort to analyse it. For those who dislike some of your advice all that is generally required is to stop and think about what is being said and why it is being said. (and that includes me - you have not always said things I like to hear but when I took the time to think about what you say, Al I have ever found is that it is honest, thought out and actually quite right). Add to that your sense of humor (T.O.M does have one - honest he does ) and you fit right up there as a "Legend" in the eyes of many.

I am with Ari and Doug in saying - YOU have made my day - the only repayment required is that you go out and have some fun.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, "Happy Day" Pat. I know you sincerely deserve whatever nice gesture was made, but we all are truly wondering what happened??

Congrats and take care,
AV8TOR
Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Tired Old Man

Guys, my eyes are wet right now. The honor you've done me is immense.

If nobody objects I'll tell all the extreme gesture of gratitude you have bequeathed to me.

I think (don't know the whole detailed story yet, and perhaps never will) Super08 started it and enlisted the aid of Aussiesteve, Aripalson, and JediJody. I was at the shop today doing last minute preparations for another long trip when Jody showed up at the shop and banged on the door. We had planned to go out and blow some stuff up today and Jody had mentioned he had some big boxes we could use for targets. So I didn't think anything of it when I saw a REAL long fuselage box and a wing box standing outside the door. OK, so we have targets, right?

Jody had walked back to his truck for something and the boxes were in the way of exiting the door so I started to move them. They weren't empty!! ***, right? It was only after I asked what was in the boxes it was related that these four, crazy, gratuitous, and fun loving SOB's had gotten together and gifted me a 37% Pilot Edge. I'm flattered, overwhelmed, grateful, and left with a joy that I have not felt in a long time.

Oh, damn, I seem to have an eye problem again......... I really don't know how to express my thanks, and I don't believe I've done any more than any of you guys have to promote the hobby. Just, like, WOW! You guys really know how to go big!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

TOM, I'm getting all chocked up just reading this. It was a great gesture and well deserved. I too have benefitted immensely from your inputs. I would have been honored to have contributed to the gift as well. Keep up your contributions. They are great!

Dan Reiss
Old 09-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Tired Old Man

I guess you can't say w-*-f here. Oops
Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 AM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Very well deserved, thanks for all you do for us.

Way to go guys!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:34 AM
bgw45

TOM, good for you! Your knowledge has and will help many others. Thank you. Having friends that care and support you is a blessing. I am sure they enjoyed the gift as much as you.

Good job, friends. Good job, Pat.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 AM
captinjohn

Tom, thanks for all the in depth tips you give. I placed this photo in my photo album for my use and others. It is a neat device to help center the prop shaft in center of a cowl. Tom,s photo of the device on right...my copy I made of hison theleft. Best Regards Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29513.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1666017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98602.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1666018  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:11 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Hats off to you four for contriving up such a thoughtful gesture, as you could not have chosen a more worthy or deserving person. I too have benefitted time and again from Pat's wealth of experience and knowledge which he so willingly shares. All you have to do now Pat is enjoy the moment, and then later on the model.

Karol
Old 09-25-2011, 11:50 AM
captinjohn

TOM,s words!
I think (don't know the whole detailed story yet, and perhaps never will) Super08 started it and enlisted the aid of Aussiesteve, Aripalson, and JediJody. MYREPLY= This was a great geisture for sure that was done. A photo is worth a thousand words. I sure would like to see a photo of that nice airplane with the guys that helped on this all in one photo. It sure would be neat! Maybe sometime when your ready to fly it. Thanks and take Care. Capt,n
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Super08

It would be very hard to do John. We are from all over the world, not easy getting us all at the same place at the same time. Although it would be fun trying each others spirits
Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Tired Old Man

Perhaps a pic of the aircraft when I return from a looming business trip. Another adventure in and of itself.

I'm too old for this stuff
Old 09-25-2011, 12:06 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man
I'm too old for this stuff
Mate, we are only as old as the girls we dream about
Old 09-25-2011, 02:00 PM
68goat
My Feedback: (40)

Tell you what guys, this reminds me of why I love this hobby so much. The people who are in it.

Ray
Old 09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
willig10

Awesome job to all who were involved. T.O.M. Be safe on your trip. Look forward to you posting some pics and progress.

Glenn Williams
Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Tired Old Man

Ari,

I don't think I should mention the age of the girls I sometimes dream about. Some of the best times in my life were taking place in late junior high school and all through high school. Then we come to the summer of '69, as mentioned in that song title.

Tomorrow: off to the forgotten land of Santosha. Later: pics.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
ezflyer

well guys i havnt posted here in a few years due to all the flamming and negative post thats happens on rcu. to guys the contributed this gift to a friend of such magnitude, well my hats off to you fellows. that is awsome that you would have such respect for another hobby member. i kinda choked up myself. good luck with your new plane and enjoy. that lets me know that there are still good people thats still in the hobby. good luck....
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
skillet92

Could not have happened to a more deserving fellow! Thanks for all the informative posts and keep them coming. You have taught me more than I will ever know!!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:20 PM
aussiesteve

Take care with those Santosha moves Pat - y'all ain't as young as the girls you dream about

Since the days of "Silversurfer", you have always posted your actual opinions and never with an intent of selling a thing - the factual information posted with no link to suppliers of any form are the reason you are "Legend Status" - take care on the trip.

also a special thanks to "The Elf" for helping to make this come together

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.