Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Troy built models muffler silencer?

Just ordered a dle 30 from them(excellent deal) and it includes a ngk plug, drill jig and something called a muffler silencer. Basically it's a baffle that plugs into the exhaust tube to help quiet it down. Anyone use these yet?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Troy built models muffler silencer?

I installed one on a DLE 30 with the stock muffler and I couldn't really notice a big difference . I don't have access to db meter to measure the levels . Maybe someone with a meter can give us some numbers .
    \"Aint this great !!\" - Chris
    \"Nosen Cessna 310 Club\" #8
    \"Cub Brotherhood\" #11

I have the smaller one which i run on my NGH 17cc.

It definitely takes the harshness out of the exhaust note and gives it a more bass'y tone. I don't know if it reduces the overall dB level by much at all, bit it's certainly more pleasurable when standing close to the engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CustomPC

It definitely takes the harshness out of the exhaust note and gives it a more bass'y tone. I don't know if it reduces the overall dB level by much at all, bit it's certainly more pleasurable when standing close to the engine.
    Loosely fill some coarse steel wool in your muffler rather than plugging the outlet stinger. It attenuates noise more efffiently with no real loss in power unless you cram it full. Another more effective silencing tip, install some soft silicone rubber to the stinger, about 8" long
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: CustomPC

Loosely fill some coarse steel wool in your muffler rather than plugging the outlet stinger. It attenuates noise more efffiently with no real loss in power unless you cram it full. Another more effective silencing tip, install some soft silicone rubber to the stinger, about 8'' long
    Are they any concerns about the steel wool breaking down and getting pulled into the motor?