Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah 20cc ei plug cap problem

Old 11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
stingman888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah 20cc ei plug cap problem

Hello to all you flyers

I have a new Zenoah 20ccei
My problem is when i try to start the engine it will not start. I found that the spark is not fully going to the plug (NGK CM-6) and i'm losing 2 / 3 of the spark to the metalhousing around the rubber boot.
I pulled the metal housing off and reinstalled just the boot and it started right up. Does anyone have any ideas for replacement or repairing. i.e. napa auto/ pepboys ect.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah 20cc ei plug cap problem

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/r...-plug-cap.html
Old 11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jody, I put my Kavan 50cc 4 cycle engineup for the winter that I bought a ignition for from V. View. I noticed on hand starting I could hear a snap from spark on the left cylinder. It seems to start and run OK....but that spark noise is a concern to me. It has the 1/4x32 small shielded caps. I think the spark noise is in the cap??? Sure do not want to mess with it now for sure. What do you think???? Capt,n
Old 11-14-2011, 05:09 PM
jedijody

Those plug caps are quite a bit easier to pull the high tension lead out of the cap than the larger ones if you're not careful. You can try to push the high tension lead into the cap to see if it will move. Turn the ignition on, look down into the cap and turn the engine over, look for an arc through the silicone boot to the metal shell but if the engine runs fine I doubt there will be any, the arc will jump out past the boot to the shell. You may have just not had it on the plug good, they're a twist lock plug cap, if it's not locked on it will be loose and you may hear an arc.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:10 PM
captinjohn

I did not know if that the cap was a twist-lock!!! I just shoved them strait on. How far and what direction do I twist the cap. I do not want to damage it. Thanks Capt,n
Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 PM
jedijody

Come on Capt'n, give it a look, you'll figure it out pretty easy. If you break something, go see a doctor because you have no feeling in your hands.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Come on Capt'n, give it a look, you'll figure it out pretty easy. If you break something, go see a doctor because you have no feeling in your hands.
Well I did it...found out shove down and twist clockwise. I did not want to mess them up. My feeling in left fingers is bad from arthritus and I had a CVA a few years back. Also have trigger finger in 2 fingers now. But my hands are well callest (blister from work) thow. I still can did out a big stump and chop the roots off with a axe. Something the young lads aroud her will not even try. My syaing is...a days work never killed anyone. I will not die from setting around....I will tell you that. Thanks Again. Capt,n
Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
jedijody

Good work Capt'n!