Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCD 26 CC Gas Engine from Hobby King

Yea armody,
    It sounds like you've got it made, your lucky to have a good mentor that is willing to help you so much. I wish I could find a good mentor around my area. Im just a young guy and honestly I don't feel like any of the guys at the hobby shop take me serious. But heck who needs em when I've got rcu!! Lol, but hopefully you can pass on some of the ideas and suggested reinforcement plans that your mentor gives you. And btw this should now become some sort of build thread or discussion on the nitro planes yak. Just an idea, its all your thread my friend.
    Trnt_West

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trnt_West.

First off, congrats on getting your Yak, this Yak won't make you feel Yuck! but it would certainly make you feel yeah, it sure is a bang for a buck. Firewall, we can always reinforce it, or we can use Cisco's PIX firewall lol. RCU is a great help, and luckily, the guys at my club are very helpful. I met my mentor Rackem on club's meeting, or I would have never known him if it wasn't for the club's meeting last year. I flew my strega and it crashed, since it crashed on a soft muddy part, so damage was the wing only which snapped into 2, the left wing. One of my club's friend told me, you need a new wing, and my mentor said no, it's repairable and it can be done. It took me months to repair it under my Mentor's supervision and his personal involvement.

My plane is more sturdy, more better and more strong that Phoenix model could have ever made it. I'm lucky to have a great Mentor like him and cannot thank him enough. Not just mentoring me but helping me with many materials and saved me money. His workshop is amazing and has it all kinda place.

Good luck with the build and I'm sure you would get plenty of help here. I'm applied for my passport today and hopefully next week it would be mailed at my home. I'd start working on my plane the second week of January, when my mentor would have time and he would just stretch ourselves out, fold the sleeves and start kickin.

Trnt_West, One request, Do measure the wing span and let me know here, so I would know whether we got 69" or 72"

Some pix of my Strega during repair and one complete pic before it got crashed. This Sukhoi or Yak is at our club member's plane, and it has DA 80 CC plane, not DA 100 as per decal.

West, BTW which Transmitter are you using? I'm using Hitec Aurora 9 2.4GHz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xu62782.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	1696700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aw70675.jpg 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	1696701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pv53255.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	1696702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wt58931.jpg 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	1696703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ez83986.jpg 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	1696704  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki20220.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	1696705   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To43771.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	1696706  
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

I would like to ask y'all a question regarding CM-6 spark plug. Do I have to carry CM6 extra spark plugs with me? When do we know that the plug is history, does it get black residue and other stuff, and how do we clean out the spark plug? Some tips would be high appreciated.

Thanks

Mody
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Great Fliers,

This thread is going on and on. I've come across this Gas engine named NGH GT 17, I'm sure somebody must've posted already a thread on it or seen it.

Link :- http://www.agaperacingandhobby.com/

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49PK2Sulnps

Carb is on front, not the rear one, as I heard rear carb is more better than front one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NGH's company's link. Made in China

http://www.nghengine.com/show.asp?id=1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey!
    To answer your question about the spark plugs I have read a few different forums that have recommend changing the stock spark plug after the first gallon or so of fuel, due to any debris or build up on the electrode. But also I have read that some distributors have included a second spark plug that I believe is manufactured by honda as a replacement for the stock plug because of complaints of quality of the stock plug? Again, if any of this information is incorrect please anyone feel free to correct me. Thanks and good to hear from you again armody
    Trnt_West

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: armody

Hi Great Fliers,

This thread is going on and on. I've come across this Gas engine named NGH GT 17, I'm sure somebody must've posted already a thread on it or seen it.

Link :- http://www.agaperacingandhobby.com/

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49PK2Sulnps

Carb is on front, not the rear one, as I heard rear carb is more better than front one?
    Rear carb better? No way! Rear carbs rely on reeds or rotary. Reeds are the more common, they are not as bullet proof as the hollow crank with fixed timming is in front carbs.

Hollow crank with fixed timming = lifetime maintenance free
    Reeds = needs periodic replacement
    Oops!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

trnet_west,

Well I never got the extra CM6 plug with the engine. I got one only. It's good to hear from you too. I asked you may be twice in this forum that please let me know the length of the wing span of your plane, but either you did not read it my friend or you forgot. Would you be able to let me know the wing span of your plane is it 69" or 72"?

Any thoughts about these engines?

http://www.nghengine.com/show.asp?id=1

Front and rear carb stuff is now confusing. DLE uses rear carb so should I need a front side carb then? or just let it go the way it is?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im sorry i know i mentioned that i would inform you on the wingspan but after the arrival of my plane i have decided to wait until atleast christmas before i jump into this project. i just need the time to gather all my material i need before i start to build and install equipment that i dont even have yet.lol but as soon as i get the wings on ill give you a span.
    Trnt_West

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

trnt_west,

Well, Christmas is very important. That's the first time I'm going my home country and I won't be here to celebrate Christmas and new year with my sis in law brother in law and my wife. Though holidays are coming up too, but that trip is very important, otherwise, I planned to start my plane after Christmas, and I was so glad about my Mentor to have agreed to help me out on this plane. I'm really lucky to have a great mentor like him.

If front carb is good on gas motors why DLE is using rear carb. I'm totally new just like you and not worried since I would have a great help of my mentor. I'd start off my project after January 10th upon my arrival back to USA. I'd keep this thread going and post the pictures.

Again trnt, don't worry about wing span, take your time, and I'd take mine too, lets who gets to measure the wing span first

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks like the nitroplanes 25% Yak54 is very similar to my Peakmodels 25% Yak54..... I've had my Yak54 for alittle over 24 months and she's awesome! I've beat the heck out of the airframe and with a bit of repair work, she keeps on flying.

I run an ML28 in mine and she's got solid vertical power... I'm considering pickup up the Nitroplanes kit just to have a standby on hand. Can someone post pics of the balsa construction inside the fueslage and the motor box?

Anyone put theirs in the air yet?

thanks
    Flyracer
    Flyracer
    Chandler, AZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've not yet started to putting it together since my plan was after the Christmas, but I'd be starting it off in the mid of January since I'm flying out of USA and getting back in the first week of Jan 2012. Go to this link and you'd see the option of Download Manual which contains around 10 to 15 pdf files.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/ni20moya1206.html

Since I'm not unpacking it so, I won't be able to take the pictures. May be Trnt_west would be able to do it later may be

How's the performance of MLD28?

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey!
    To answer your question about the spark plugs I have read a few different forums that have recommend changing the stock spark plug after the first gallon or so of fuel, due to any debris or build up on the electrode.

Your not dealing with a glow engine which has a glowplug that has a reaction with the methonal to keep glowing thus fireing the engine. Minute particals can adhear to the wire and render a glow plug useless in a short time on a new glow engine.
    A gas engine has it's own spark and needs no reaction to fire, plus is burns hotter than a glow.
    The best thing you can do for yourself and your engine is to toss the factory plug right from the start. Providing it is a chinese plug.
    I have seen so many issues with useing them it's not funny.
    Honda uses the same CM-6 plug as well as NGK-CM6. Autozone or Orileys or a small engine repair shop should have them in stock. I got a box of them through the Boatshop on line. 10 plugs will last longer than I will probly*LOL*
    As far as buildup on the electrode a properly tuned engine should not have any build up on the plug.
    I do carry an extra plug in my flight box just in case, but over the years and alot of flying time later I have yet to need it,
    With the exception of loaning one to a flying friend at the field. A good tuned engine useing clean gas and a good oil will run for a very long time after the initial breakin utilizing the same plug for both, providing the engine is in correct tune.
    I also seen something about a breakin prop, gasser do not need a smaller breakin prop, use the same prop on the engine you intend to use all the time. Again that is a glow engine thing, as well as bench running to break in.
    As to what type of a prop I always use wood on my gas engines, for several reasons, faster spoolup, There lighter, less chance of damage in case of a prop strike, Better brakeing just to name a few.
    Make sure to filter your gas with a good filter not a screen. I use one in my filler tank as well as the tank in the plane, again a small engine shop should have those. The felt or ceramic are both good, however the ceramic works a little better in the plane tank due to the weight.
    Hope this helps.
    If you can\'\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'\'ve got an electrical problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi have you heard of a>>m4f plug>> i just got a new rcgf 15cc have not run it yet and that is the plug it takes thanks allen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cyberwolf,

Your input is very beneficial. I'd been advised to use wooden prop and I got me Zinger 16X6, unlike y'all my LHS owner was telling me to use APC prop, I saw a good Evolution's Nylon prop 16X6, but I'd use Xoar's wooden prop and prolly use 17X6. That is the first time I'm ever gonna use the gas engine which is DLE20.

I always wanted to use an O.S. 2 stroke, but price always killed me. I thought to get me someday a 4 stroke cos gasser airplane was something like a long shot for me. A guy like me who's been struggling his life for the last four years in this great country and keeping his hobby going. Economy will get better that's my firm belief. Anyway back to the topic which I started was the engine from Hobby King RCGF which by mistake I put RCD. I paid $110 for my DLE20 as a result of trading in with Revolver 40. It was boxed brand new, and paid $180 for it and got $160 price got reduced. I'm learning a lot through this thread and I'm gonna buy me some NGK or Honda's CM6 plugs. I cannot Thank GOD enough for providing me what I wanted, good plane, now good engine, and great Hitec's A9 radio.

Ever since people are raising flag of go green go green, a lot of guys are turning towards electric and electric is a pain in the b.....tt, so I don't think it would be an option for me, and I cannot tweak with lipos too. China's influx of gas engines would make DLE to plummet their price I wish and I hope so, and the sizes are getting down to 15CC wow, ain't it amazing.

Allen, You got RCGF 15, would you mind telling how much did you pay for it? Did ya buy it from Hobby King US warehouse?

I also like this NGH GT17 price is good or bad I don't know

http://agaperacingandhobby.com/viewi...?productid=388

It looks like all glow fliers like me are gonna be gas fliers Never had a chance to ever use a glow 4 Stroke, never flew an electric only glow 2 stroke. These gassers are 2 stroke, are 4 strokes available as well, I bet it would break your treasure chest lol.

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: armody

I've not yet started to putting it together since my plan was after the Christmas, but I'd be starting it off in the mid of January since I'm flying out of USA and getting back in the first week of Jan 2012. Go to this link and you'd see the option of Download Manual which contains around 10 to 15 pdf files.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/ni20moya1206.html

Since I'm not unpacking it so, I won't be able to take the pictures. May be Trnt_west would be able to do it later may be

How's the performance of MLD28?

Mody
    THanks for pointing out the PDFs.... looks like the Nitroplane ARF is different from the Peakmodel ARF.... firewall is very thin for sure! and they use a pin/post method to secure the wings not a wing bolt. The control horns are not what I'd recommend either... I've seen these rip out on 25% aerobatic airframes. Imight still buy one.. the price is $180 to my door.

Ihad some problems with the MLD28 but with the help of pilots here on RCUniverse Iwas able to get those resolved. I;ve picked up a 2nd MLD28 from www.milehighrc.com to put on a 70" Extra260 (http://www.generalhobby.com/goldwing...ane-p-253.html)...

Flyracer
    Flyracer
    Chandler, AZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got the 15cc fro>> bp hobbies in hillborough nj> 908 431 5603 is there number i called them and they did seem to be real nice they will tell you all about the engine i paid 229.00 give them a call got it in 3 or 4 days they dont go threw hobby king

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: oneaew@msn.com

i got the 15cc fro>> bp hobbies in hillborough nj> 908 431 5603 is there number i called them and they did seem to be real nice they will tell you all about the engine i paid 229.00 give them a call got it in 3 or 4 days they dont go threw hobby king

The guys at BPHobbies are pretty awesome... they did warranty work on my RCFG32 engine... Ibought the engine new from a different company that went out of business shortly after the purchase. The engine had problems right out of the box! Icalled BPHobbies and they fixed it right up... didn't even charge me return shipping!

Flyracer
    Flyracer
    Chandler, AZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exactly, Now I remember some guy here recommended me to go through BP hobbies, as they provide a great support on those chinese engines that RCGF and I guess other brands. DLE 20 I don't think is a bad purchase either since I had no choice, but as I was advised by one of the flier here that if I start off of a gas, gotta start off of DLE, low hassle, not much hair pulling stuff.

This first DLE20 gasser is gonna be a milestone for my gas engine experience and it would teach me a lot then I would like to go on and buy these other lower priced engines. Nitro planes Yak 54 is gonna be my great experience of nitro planes, since I have my mentor luckily so I have a lots of experience readily available, lucky I'm. Firewall is weak, and some of the fuselage structure may need some reinforcements, and aileron hinges of course, I'm gonna use GP's CA Hinges or whatever my mentor decides. Going to gasser is a totally new experience and I'm feeling likw entering R/C hobby once again, like a noob[8D]

Guys great input and keep it coming out,, happy and safe flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

also that engine will run on coleman fuel they said was better then gas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any thoughts, experiences, ideas, feed back.............................. about these engines?

http://agaperacingandhobby.com/viewi...?productid=388

NGH Engines Any thoughts???????????

I bought Klotz 2 Stroke Synthetic oil for my DLE 20

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXS626&P=ML
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79083.jpg 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	1697663  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

have not heard anything about them iam going to make a stand to start it up be for putting in plane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Allen,

Do you have DLE20 and which other gas engines are u using and on which planes, if you don't mind telling?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have one rcg 15cc i got from hobby king sent it back it froze up on the 3rd spin of the prop have not heard from them in 2 months i got one rcgf 15cc from pb hobbies have not run it yet going to make a stand to mount it on to start it first

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool,

Since HK is doing crappy business and indigent substandard customer service, hopefully they should be outta business. After the great experimentation with DLE20 since I'm lucky I got DLE, then I would certainly like to try NGH. Well, as I'd been told, no break in for gas, just run through 2 gallons I think and it's good to do, while running the engine, do you have to keep it running on regular lower rpm or higher rpms like WOT.

Allen, what size prop are you gonna use for your 15CC, are you gonna use nylon prop or wooden prop and which plane are you gonna use this RCGF 15 on?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast