Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

QUESTION: does anyone think there would be much demand for an inexpensive magneto rc engine

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

QUESTION: does anyone think there would be much demand for an inexpensive magneto rc engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
psgugrad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION: does anyone think there would be much demand for an inexpensive magneto rc engine

I'm curious to know if there would be much demand out there for a magneto engine in the 30-60cc size range? The reason I ask is because I import garden machinery from China and the factory I use could make me an inexpensive RC engine as long as it is a mag engine and not ei.

The engines they make run great and could be converted to RC use with little changes in tooling. A Japanese firm we are all familiar with has done the same, but now most of their engines are ei. Mine would be far less expensive than the Japanese engines ...like half their price (or less) as long as they are mag engines. (If I had them make an ei engine they would still be considerably less expensive, but much of my price advantage would then evaporate because I'd have to buy the ignition units from a third party and there would have to be greater tooling changes to the engines, driving up costs.) They could even make me a beam mount engine for not much more money...again, as long as it is a magneto engine)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: QUESTION: does anyone think there would be much demand for an inexpensive magneto rc engine

Send me a 60, we'll talk...
RC Ignition
PO Box 636
Williams, AZ 86046
PM me for Paypal address for payment[8D]
Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
psgugrad
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: QUESTION: does anyone think there would be much demand for an inexpensive magneto rc engine

Thank you, ...but I have nothing to send you yet. This is just something I'm considering and am wishing to gauge interest.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM
ggraham500

Personally, I'll wait and see what Ralph thinks.

Weight of engine w/ magneto vs Weight of engine w/ EI? Thrust of new vs thrust of older known engines of similar size?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
STUKA BARRY

I guess you've never heard of Zenoah or Quadra. The most popular warbird engine ever is the Zenoah G-62. Its a magneto engine and damn near bullet proof.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
ggraham500

own several Zenoahs ... G26 w EI (2 ea), G45 (magneto), and a Ralph Cunningham G-62 ... yeah I know about Zenoahs, and DLE, DA, CRRC, and MT etc ... own them all (about 15 gas engines) ... the question posed above was about a new magneto engine and not presently on the RC market.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 PM
tomyrcmodels

it's good things if do have magneto system works that same weight as CDI unit , could not find it .[]