Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fiji Water Bottles for Fuel Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:35 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irocbsa
That stopper is a nice piece, but by the time you've paid for the item and shipping it's almost as expensive as an already assembled Fortitude tank. By the time you buy fittings for the water bottle tank it will actually be more expensive than the Fortitude. I'm not sure what the appeal is?
You got to pay shipping for the Fortitude too... The biggest advantage is an aluminum stopper that's meant for a lifetime and the ability to use all metal components without need for sealers that eventually fail... BTDT...And after initial cost, replacement bottles are available at any connivence store...as they work with a wide variety of sizes and style bottles.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)

If you cant find any I would send you some. Its the only water I drink. Friends call me the water snob!! I buy it by the case. If you need them let me know or PM me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk about sending them.
Bob
Old 12-03-2014, 05:21 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
You got to pay shipping for the Fortitude too... The biggest advantage is an aluminum stopper that's meant for a lifetime and the ability to use all metal components without need for sealers that eventually fail... BTDT...And after initial cost, replacement bottles are available at any connivence store...as they work with a wide variety of sizes and style bottles.
I guess it helps that my LHS stocks the Fortitude tanks. Even if you have to pay shipping, at this lazy point in my life I'd rather save the time.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:06 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by irocbsa
I guess it helps that my LHS stocks the Fortitude tanks. Even if you have to pay shipping, at this lazy point in my life I'd rather save the time.
You're lucky to have such a good hobby shop. Here it would probably take many hours travel and gas to find a shop that even has one... Ordering and paying a minuscule shipping charge is actually a great connivence for many of us...Anyway, be that as it may, easily building a tank that works to our particular liking is another rewarding part of the hobby for some of us.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:36 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm living in Tucson, Arizona right now. There is a good hobby shop here, Hobby Barn, but it is 18 miles from me clear across the city on the other side of town. The gas and hassle of driving 36 miles of round trip city traffic often makes a few bucks of shipping to just order things online seem like a pretty good idea....

AV8TOR
Old 12-05-2014, 12:53 AM
KenLambert
My Feedback: (107)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the new fortitude tanks don't use metal caps or anything, they changed the bottles and use plastic stoppers and plastic fittings, also they use tygon instead of Viton fuel tube. Local shop just got a shipment in today so I was over loking at them.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:40 PM
littlecrankshaf

Originally Posted by KenLambert
the new fortitude tanks don't use metal caps or anything, they changed the bottles and use plastic stoppers and plastic fittings, also they use tygon instead of Viton fuel tube. Local shop just got a shipment in today so I was over loking at them.
Ken, are you in Livingston now?
Old 12-05-2014, 04:17 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flycatch
Wow, kit bashing water bottles. Reminds me of the time when "weed wacker" engines were modified for airplane use. I call this retrogression.
Some converted engines are far better than some of the junky china made airplane engines.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:34 PM
KenLambert
My Feedback: (107)

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Ken, are you in Livingston now?
I am in Texas city for now, will be in Dallas Tuesday for a few days, getting a new chunck of metal installed.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:53 AM
littlecrankshaf

Here is another source for building fiji and soda bottle fuel tanks http://www.vital-rc.com/store/c2/Fuel_Fittings.html
Old 02-19-2015, 03:19 PM
MTK

I carry the plastic fittings for the water or juice bottle do-it-yourselfer. Contact me direct if interested.

Also carry the best value gasoline line around for this sort of thing. It's very flexible and stays that way for years. And doesn't carry the Viton price tag