Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zenoah G-62 Run ?

How long will a G-62 run at full throttle on a 24 ounce tank ? ? ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Zenoah G-62 Run ?

ORIGINAL: Ed

How long will a G-62 run at full throttle on a 24 ounce tank ? ? ?
    A very long time - it depends on how many times you refill the tank

(sorry - couldn't resist that one)
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ed,

At part throttle, doing mild airbatics & such, I've run over 20 minutes, and that's a little longer than I like to fly. Ten or fifteen minutes is about it, time for me to sit down.

A friend had an Extra with a G23, 10 0z tank, ran about 28 minutes with the throttle unhooked and no kill switch. He handed me the transmitter at 18 minutes, I flew another 10 before the tank ran dry, and handed the transmitter back.

The racing guys can probably tell you about full throttle consumption, and quote consumption in oz/minute and such.

Good luck
    Dave Olson
    The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him GKChesterton

Thanks Dave ( at least everyone is not a wiseass ). I'm giving the thread a little bump again in order to get more input. I'd like further verification that I can get at least 10 minutes, at wide open throttle, on a 24 ounce tank. ............ Whatcha all think ? ? ?

ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ed

Thanks Dave ( at least everyone is not a wiseass ). I'm giving the thread a little bump again in order to get more input. I'd like further verification that I can get at least 10 minutes, at wide open throttle, on a 24 ounce tank. ............ Whatcha all think ? ? ?

ed
    I didn't respond earlier because I don't know exactly what the consumption is at full throttle. I can guarantee you will get 10 minutes on 24 oz. of fuel though. The problem is that most people don't fly at full throttle for a whole flight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I rarely run mine over half throttle, but I wouldn't think it would burn over 2 ounces or so a minute at full tilt. Strap it down and run it wide open with a measured amount in the tank.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure of full throttle consumption but at near full throttle 30 minutes is possible. I know this because the the throttle link on my large Stick broke shortly after take-off and I had to fly it until it quit.

The G-62 typically consumes a tad less than 1oz/minute. This may vary due to a number of factors such as altitude density, prop choice and airframe drag.

Bliksem

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an 18.5 pound sport/pattern plane with a G-62, Zinger 20x10 prop, and 24 ounce tank. I fly most if not all of most of my flights at full throttle with some throttling on turnarounds. My timer is set at 10 minutes and I land with fuel each time. Not much though, just a few turns of the crank.
    Energyman 1947

Club Jett #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine ran 2.4 oz per minute over hundreds of flights in my Z-Corsair.
    bentwings

ORIGINAL: bentwings

Mine ran 2.4 oz per minute over hundreds of flights in my Z-Corsair.
    Sounds like a good range. According to Pe Reivers, the "rule of thumb" is engine displacement = 1 minute run time at full throttle. 62cc=2.01 oz. Individual mileage may vary.

Sometimes, things are exactly as they appear to be.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take into account with that rule, that power equals fuel consumption. So using tuned pipes or powerful canisters raises the "rule"
    The 62 is not endowed with too much power, so it should be close. (sorry Ralph)
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

Take into account with that rule, that power equals fuel consumption. So using tuned pipes or powerful canisters raises the ''rule''
    Boy-you will catch it now.LOL
    BCCHI

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take into account with that rule, that power equals fuel consumption. So using tuned pipes or powerful canisters raises the ''rule''
    They aren't that bad Pe, when pipe'd and run at the right rpm they really shine

Most people over prop them to begin with, the peak torque is over 7000 according to Zenoah's torque/HP curves.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The G62 is a "Open port" cylinder engine. These type engines tend to like RPM more so than "Closed port" engines which are torque engines.

I can assure you that a Zenoah/Redmax 6200 chain saw runs up around 13500 and when you stick it in the wood it will cut best around 9000 rpm.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes sir, and that is where they run happiest at

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree. When allowed to rev up tey do bring power, especially when on tuned pipes. However, high revs and low noise do not combine.
    Yet the 62 is one of the most reliable engines around, so it will always have a place at our fields, even when forced to operate outside their esign window.
    ORIGINAL: RTK

They aren't that bad Pe, when pipe'd and run at the right rpm they really shine

Most people over prop them to begin with, the peak torque is over 7000 according to Zenoah's torque/HP curves.
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't wanna hijack the thread and of course it's most difficult thing to do

I'd like to ask a question. A lot of guys fly planes with glow engine on board from take off till the time of landing on Full-throttle, Is it risky for A GAS ENGINE to run full-throttled during the whole flight due to temperature issues or some unseen damage?

Thanks

Mody
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We have quite a few at our club that do the same as at yours, WOT from start until they land, I just don't get it with those glow guys. As for a gas engine, if properly tuned and cooled you can run them at WOT all day if you please, we do it with blowers, weedies, chainsaws, etc.
    The only damage I could see would be to rip the wings off of one of the light aerobats running WOT, yanking and banking........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks RTK

I'm also a glow guy but I don't fly full throttled all time. My first Gasser project is getting completed hopefully end of this month, it would be flying.
    It's great2 keep flying invariably. Hitec Aurora9 2.4 GHz, Yak 54-120 XYZ 20, MXS-R RCG 20 (AMA Member)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You will never want to go back to glow once you go gas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also, not a good idea to run a gasser at WOT strapped down on the ground to find out how long it will run. This is asking for overheating.
    \"let\'\'\'\'s just say, they will be satisfied with less\" Ming the Merciless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RTK: I've been told that once I'd start flying Gas I won't go on glow. My first Gasser is Nitro Plane's Yak 54 120 with DLE20 motor. I have Strega 40 with ASP .52 2 stroke on it. Love it.

vertical: Running a gas engine on WOT is asking for serious overheating issues, knocking on the door of some damage to the engine?

Mody

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

Also, not a good idea to run a gasser at WOT strapped down on the ground to find out how long it will run. This is asking for overheating.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not only that but the fuel consumption is different in the air and on the ground
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used to run my Ace Extra 230 with a 16oz. tank with a G62, cdi,  and had my timer set to 8 minutes. Had some fuel left but not much. I think 2ozs/minute is pretty close with a lot of full throttle use throughout the flight.

The Pamster
    AMA202345
    The Pamster
    AMA 202345
    Balsa USA Brotherhood Member #55

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast