Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EME new engines, 35,60 & 120 twin

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it.  I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money.  Competiton is good for the consumer.  You'll need to do some incredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability.  The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one.  Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just "give them one", you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied, and get their feedback.  If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy.  I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here. 
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

+1

Karol
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

we saw this same talk with DLE a while back and now they seem to have a nice following.......
Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 AM
emengines

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it. I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money. Competiton is good for the consumer. You'll need to do someincredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability. The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one. Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just "give them one", you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied,and get their feedback. If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy. I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here.
Hello pmerritt, I am very appreciating your advices on reviews. I will check the plan soon.
Overall, to provide reliable engines with reasonable price, is our target. Pls wait for choices from EME very soon.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
emengines

ORIGINAL: Lightspeed1551

Do the twins run so bad that that need 2 spark plugs per cylinder? [:'(]
Moreover, pics as follows for your ref. Differ Spark Time is adjusted according to RPM for better explosion.

Of course, the picsare schemas only. Exact technique curvesare confidential due to business reason.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37023.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1756973  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

One has to admire and respect a company that owns up to a problem and corrects it. I know we would all like to see a quality engine along with saving money. Competiton is good for the consumer. You'll need to do some incredible pricing for a while to get your engine on the market along with some third party testimonials about performance and reliability. The request that Aussiesteve made isn't a bad one. Maybe to help the publicity, rather than just ''give them one'', you can sell them one at or near cost with the option for full money back if dissatisfied, and get their feedback. If indeed your engine performs as stated, the reports you get from known users here on RCU will be worth more than any advertising you could buy. I don't know who the top gasser guys are here but it wouldn't take but about 10 good reviews to put you in the marketplace here.
Agreed. That type of accountable service is a key aspect. Quality at a decent price with some level of service as best as can be expected. I am one that knows if someones sells something that is cheap enough and says, "No Service" then that is what I expect. I deal with it AS IS and never bother with contacting the vendor that sold it because I bought it at a throw away price. However if there is a written level of warranty and service I expect that level to be followed because as far as I am concerned that is the manufacturer's word concerning the product.

I would consider these engines, however someone over here in the states would have to pick these up and offer the type of service I am accustomed to. You take DLE with Tower Hobbies and granted I may pay 30-70 more than a knockoff engine, but the thing is if I have any problem I can pick up the phone and call TH and within minutes they have taken care of my issue and either asked me to send the engine back for repair or they send out a new one ASAP. That is why I buy DLE from TH or other reputable dealers. Or course TH are not the only vendor that provide good service and warranty.

The worse part of all this is that people abuse service policies and warranties and make it harder on the business costs. That is another thread entirely.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 AM
WRK
My Feedback: (2)

What is the function of the sub spark?

Good luck with your new engines, look like from the pictures
that you are making most of the parts yourselves, that is
an expensive undertaking!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM
aussiesteve

A bit off topic but this is especially for you 3136.

There was an apparent follow up made to that one I posted earlier. Here is that link

[link]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12856543/more-internet-sales[/link]

And have you noticed there is another "low priced economy" creeping into the engine market lately (Slowly but surely).

[link]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12857335/indian-manufacture[/link]
Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM
aussiesteve

Now back on topic.
The offer I made was for a simple reason that is already covered well in posts above this one.
It gives a totally unbiased outsiders view of the product and it is not done with any fear or favor.

I will not be selling the product and would be unlikely to even be buying it for my own use. I have not been in the business of selling any mass market RC items for quite a while now and it is highly unlikely that I will ever be getting back into it. I do however have significant experience in dealing with, repairing, suporting and warrantying a lot of engine brands where that range has included some very poor quality items from China and some unreliable items from European sources to some high end items from European and Western sources and some of the better items from China.

I have nothing to gain nor anything to lose by performing or not performing the review / testing but I do agree with the sentiments expressed in various posts above that a company that admits their mistakes and actually does something about them instead of just stinging their distributors and end users deserves a chance. (I wish a couple of the other companies I dealt with in the past had taken a similar route instead of just pushing forward to the next sucker). Anyone remember the first of the DL 50's? I had 2 of them so I remember them well. (Mounting Lugs, Prop shafts, Cranks, Engine mount system etc) or the early DLE 30? (tilt and die). They seem to have come pretty good now because they admitted there was room for improvement and they supported their dealers on time as required.

There are others who seem to be on track now but they sure burnt a lot of people in the process of getting to where they are now. The attitude I am seeing in the words from EME are indicating an intent to use the smae business model as DLE use, hopefully the practice is also put into place.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
AJsToyz

Steve,

You are a natural at being on or off topic! I really do like that link!! Lol how much money can I save up front and how much time and money do I have the potential to loose if I go this route?[&:]
Old 04-30-2012, 02:53 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Steve,

You are a natural at being on or off topic!
My fathers side of the family originates from Ireland, My Mothers side from Scotland. I am fairly sure that the ability to stir the pot and enjoy a good fight is genetic.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you just keep trying to convinence yourself all chinese engines are not junk, well they are and always will be as for me i will pay the difference for the da and to keep my fellow americans working

Part of post removed by moderator!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Total yikes! [X(] [X(] [8D]
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i have learned never ever to buy gas engines made in china or japan when it took 6 monts of 125 emails to hobby king to find out about mt 15 cc engine> just got a email from then 4-30-12 that it was bad and they gave me credit for it iwant my money back not creditia, iam 80 yrs old and dont need crap from them have a good day
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

i have learned never ever to buy gas engines made in china or japan when it took 6 monts of 125 emails to hobby king to find out about mt 15 cc engine> just got a email from then 4-30-12 that it was bad and they gave me credit for it iwant my money back not creditia, iam 80 yrs old and dont need crap from them have a good day
That's a shame, ask them for a refund, it may take another 6 months till you even get an answer though.
Sadly you made a big mistake buying from hobbyking, they have the worst service of all.
But remember they are a retailer not a manufacturer, so you can't blame all Chinese AND Japanese engines because you got bad service from a Chinese retailer.

I have a few dle 30's and a dle55 they are bullet proof
I also have a pte36 that has been fantastic too.

Most of the Chinese stuff is poor quality with little back up, if you need something proven with service in your home town just pay a little more and buy a dle.

Anyway back on topic now.
I hope EME does well, however it's an already flooded market, you'll need to have service centres in the USA if you are to succeed.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 PM
ramoooo
My Feedback: (6)

I have read this thread and wondering if any of you have used or tested EME  ?
 any feedback, what do you think ?

keep it going ?
thanks

Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM

Where did Aussie Steve go? I bought one of the 35cc and was going to see if Steve would do some testing on it as I don't have a spare plane right now.
It looks well made, came with a walbro carb rcexel ign, the muffler is tiny, I'm not sure what use that would be, but I don't know what use the dle one is either.
I pulled the carb and reed block off had a good peek inside with a torch, couldn't see any castings, everything looked nice and clean.
It was well oiled inside.
Without running it my only reservation is the small muffler.
I nearly fitted this in my 1/4 sopwith pup but used a rear exhaust pte 36 so I didn't chop up the cowl.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:09 AM
flygilmore

I fly DA engines and I like the look of the EME 60. It may turn out to be a great engine and I hope it does. I watched the video where they show the engine in its manufacturing process etc. and I really enjoyed that. Good luck to you and I hope to hear lots more "positive" things in the future. I also commend you for dealing with some of these rude comments coming unfairly from folks on here.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: ramoooo

I have read this thread and wondering if any of you have used or tested EME ?
any feedback, what do you think ?

keep it going ?
thanks

i only have three gals. through a EME60, so far it's running good,starts easy and is smooth running engine,no more vibes than a dle55.it is spinning a NX 24-8 at just over 6500 and a Xoar 23-8 laminate at 7150+.
do a search and you will find that the DA60 is spinning a Xoar 24-8 at 6500-6600.for the 23-8 Xoar beechwood you will find from 7200-7400.
it has a walbro carb,jap bearings on the crankshaft,four petal reed block.the ring gap was .014 on mine that i replace with a Bowman ring before i even ran the engine.
the only thing that concerns me is the lower rod bearing and or crank pin going out like on the dle55.but as long as i can get parts for it,i will just replace it when that time comes,only time will tell how good or bad of a engine this is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33023.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1815093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39898.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1815094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30499.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1815095  
Old 11-05-2012, 12:59 AM

I see EME are now selling the twin 120cc, but they must have given up on the twin spark idea
http://www.sdshobby.net/eme-120cc-ga...e-p-11289.html

I still have not run my 35, need an airframe for it.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 PM
ramoooo

Hi guys,

anyone used the 120.... I'm interested in the 60 and 120. CLOSETGUY has a nice thread going on the 60 and it seems like its doing well and keeping up with DA

I was Wondering if anyone has tried the 120cc.

Milehigh rc is selling them and he is offering a full refund if your not satisfied. you cannot beat that deal. and he must be confident with it....

keep the thread going guys
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

well i am still having good luck with the 60.it is starting to loosen up even more now,starting to just rip the Xoar prop @ 7200 now,but not by much.just hauls the 17lb.Slick around like nothing.
the engine is still tight no leaks,still hasn't fully broke in yet,getting the black goo on airplane, and spark plug is a tan color,so it might get a little stronger.
been using redline at 32-1 sense day one, thats the reason for the slow break in.very happy with engine so far.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

I will be testing a 120cc soon..
Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 PM
ramoooo

sweet taildragger... how soon is soon????

im gonna put my 100cc after the new year maybe in FEB and really interested in this engine
good luck and keep us updates.....

closetguy. thanks for keeping us updated on the 60cc

Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

hopefully before the first of the year.. If i like what i see and how it performs we will look into becoming a usa dealer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.