Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuel draw ? How far ??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 04:55 PM
onyta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel draw ? How far ??????

How far will a DLE30 draw fuel and be dependable. Going on a 1/4 scale SUPER CUB.
I would like 2 mount the tank close 2 the CG. Not on the CG but just in front. Suspect the distance from the
front of tank to engine will be 8 to 10 inches. Tank I would like 2 use is 14 oz. bottle. Is fuel line size a big
deal, maybe the middle one that Tygon has........
Old 09-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You are describing a normal fuel system for a gas engine with the tank at or near the CG. 1/8" fuel line is most common but 3/32" is also used. Make sure all fuel line connections are on barbed fittings and secure with a tie behind, not on the barb. 3 line tank systems are most desirable because there are less fittings between the tank and the carburetor. Any gas engine with a pump carb will pull fuel way farther than what is used in a normal tank system. Viton fuel line is the best out there and will last for many years .... but it is expensive!
Old 09-05-2019, 07:11 AM
onyta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tfromhanks TRUCKRACER , just wanted 2 make sure. Lost my friend last yr. that knew all this info.
He gave me the Balsa USA cub about half built & will finish it in his memory. I fly 25% gas planes
with the tanks in front of the wing tubes. They want U 2 permantely install the tank in the cub. I
know fuel lines should be replaced as they age......not only with flying time but any rubber product
has a shelf life, even if it looks new, be carefull. Gear Up, flaps down..........from an old doorgunner......