Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Question about the DLE 20cc throttle configuration...

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Question about the DLE 20cc throttle configuration...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:58 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

This is one of those early lessons gas newbies run into, myself included. I had flown several flight before what was happening dawned on me!

To answer your question, no, expo doesn't work worth a darn. A new carb will do the same thing, as will a different engine. 'Tis the nature of the beast. Once you get past this first one you'll have it from then on.

Have you read through this string from the start? The answers and explanations are all right here nice and handy. You'll need a throttle curve, a little creativity with your throttle linkage, or both. If there's a piece stumping you, don't be shy. Anyone flying gas likely ran into the same realization on their early flights just like you have and will be glad to help. -Al
Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 AM
rtmusic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Al, thanks for the reply. In the back of my mind I knew the only way to really solve the problem was linkage and mostly throttle curve. I was just hoping against hope that there was another way, expo, because my Spektrum DX6iX doesn't have throttle curve. It's just like my first desert racer, Husky 250CR, dirt bike. It came with a 1/4 throttle and after a while I got comfortable with it. Time for a Spektrum DX9 I think!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Spectrum not my brand, but I do fly (beat) an MCPX baby heli on a DX7 so I know enough Spectrum 'speak' to be dangerous? Does your radio have a heli mode that would allow a throttle curve? Have you checked to see if there's a good reason you couldn't fly a plane in heli mode?

On the 7, if you set your model up as a heli and set the swash plate type to single servo, your aileron and elevator channels will be the same as an airplane's. You will have a dedicated collective channel you won't be able to use (adjustable, but tied to the throttle channel), but you'll have a throttle curve available.

That leaves you with one channel left over? I wouldn't fly gas without an opti switch, so that's how that last channel would get used on my radio, forcing you to fly with aileron servos on a Y, and killing your ability to trim separately. So, bottom line, you'd be trading your ability to trim your ailerons separately for a throttle curve.

Or, that mechanical linkage works really well given half a chance, even if it needs to be tweaked a little (which might require a little experimenting, or asking for help here?). So it sounds like you do have some options?

Best of luck! -Al