willig10

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Taylorcraft crash

Just go to horizon hobby under taylorcract, then download the manual.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM
flycatch

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Taylorcraft crash

Interesting problem and you finally received an offer from Horizon. Had a problem on a H9 Extra 260 related to nylon wing bolts. I powered this plane with an Saito 220 FS and after the maiden I conducted a comprehensive inspection of the entire airframe. Guess what I discovered. The left wing retainer nylon screw had backed out. The right wing scew was fine. Four Strokes of this size shake rattle and roll. The nylon wing bolt backed out due to engine vibration transmitted through the fuselage. Believe it our not the vibration is opposite to the thread pattern of the screw. This may not make sence but that is why you usually use a thrust washer between the head of the bolt and flat washer. I replaced the wing bolts with steel units using a flat washer and thrust washer combination. I just wonder how many wing failures are caused by this condition. Unrelated to your problem but I just though others may not be aware of this problem using nylon wing bolts and gasoline engines.

I also have a H9 Taylorcraft and maiden it last week. I powered this model with an OS 160FX glow engine. I would like to say it flew like a dream but it did not. The plane wanted to roll to the left. I finally ended up with alot of right trim and I traced the problem down to saddle of the horizontal stabilizer. My fault for assuming it was square out of the box. I too contacted Horizon and they told me to send them photos' of the problem. I shimmed up the right side and will see if that cures the problem. If it does not I'll do what Horizon suggested and see what happens.

Search this Thread