Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Isn't free speech amazing? It gives you the right to be annoyed by others!

I have used other brand oils and Amsoil and will probably keep using it - well maybe, but if I had to deal with this type of Amsoil head smashing advertisement all the time I would probably quit using it.

JL has made the Amsoil name almost repulsive with the lack of forum etiquette and I might add some sort of weirdness I find rather perplexing in his posts. Why would Amsoil have anyone representing them that cannot use proper tact/delivery in their message?

I would think there is a standard to be upheld when representing a company like Amsoil. I am sure my perception is wacked at this point, yet somehow I think something is seriously missing here.

And NO, I am not interested in QuickShot whatever it is for [X(]
Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

ORIGINAL: jloftin

Please read this Speed Racer and you will have a better understanding of what Quick Shot does and what i mean about dirty

The reason Amsoil makes AMSOILQUICKSHOT is to clean up the dirty gas that we have been running for years and if you run quick shot from day one the inside of your engine will be very clean and as well as your carb Also you will be very happy with how little carbon build up you will have on your piston and plug !!!!!!!!!!! as well as clean up of varnish and gumming also it helps engine performance and gets rid of the water in your gas that causes a lean burn in you motor Amsoil Quick Shot was made just for 2-cycle engines you will notice all the things that i just told you about as well as quicker starts better running motor better temps

Quick Shot is not an oil additive it is a gas additive THEOILISNOTTHEPROBLEMWITHALLOFTHESETHINGSTHAT I AMTALKINGABOUT

THEGAS IS .
Hmmm That did nothing to answer my question. Now logic tells me that if I'm not having any gas related issues, why would I want to buy something to add to my gas? Mr Loftin as also quite proud of his Chinese built ARF airplanes with tasteful stickers applied LOL. My latest gasser almost finished, note that the Amsoil logo would fit perfectly into the color scheme. Obviouly will never happen. I wonder what would happen if we forwarded a link to this thread to the Amsoil corporate offices? Would they be happy to see how well their products are being represented?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80172.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	1782617  
Old 07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
jloftin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 ICANFLY
2 ICANGOTOFLY-INS
3 IHAVEGASENGINE PLANES
4 IUSEAMSOILANDHAVEFORTENYEARS
5 I KNOW HOWTOTUNEMOTORS
6 IHAVEAREALLYNICEBOOTH

THANXFORYOUR COMMENT JAYLOFTIN

Old 07-16-2012, 03:58 PM
thepamster

Wow that was fast. At least I know the mods are watching this thread closely as they just deleted my post and it wasn't even that bad.
My apologies. It just seems to me that this is unwanted spam advertising and that was my only point.
Obviously there are several people here that use this product and it works for them and that's all that matters.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:00 PM
jloftin

THATSEXACTLY WHATIDOEVERYTIMEIGETSOMETHINGONTHEINTERNETABOUTAMS OIL

PLEASESENDYOURCOMMENTS TO: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT OVERMARKETINGANDCOOPERATE SPONSORSHIP
IFYOUGOONAMSOILS WEBSITEYOUCANFINDALLTHEE-MAIL ADDRESSTHERE. THAT'S AGOODSUGGESTIONIHOPEEVERYONEONTHISFORUMDOESTHATPLE ASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSOIHOPESOMEONEHASANYQUESTIONSABOUTOILORGASENGINE STHATYOUMAYNEEDHELPWITH ?????
GETTINGTHEPROPER OILMIXONYOURENGINESISTHEMOSTIMPORTANTTHING YOUCANDOONAGASPLANE
ITMEANSEVERYTHINGANDEVERYWHEREIGOTHEREAREA LOTOFQUESTIONSABOUTWHATDOIDOABOUTMIXING THATSWHATTHISFORUMISFORNOTOILWARS NOTNAMECALLING NOTWHOISBETTERTHANWHO ? THISFORUMISINTENEDTOHELPTHEMANYFLYERSOUTTHERETHAT MAY HAVEOILGASORENGINETUNING ISSUES
THEREASONTHATITHINKICANHELPITFROMTRAINING ABOUT OIL PRODUCTS THEABILITY TOTALKTOOILTECHNICIAN AT AMSOIL ANDTHEABILTYTOTUNEGASMOTORSTHATCANHELPALOTOFFLYERS OUTHERE?????

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN

Name:	Yw67379.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1782621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78823.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1782622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80032.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1782623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39547.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1782624  
Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 PM
AJsToyz

Isn't this a fuel thread? Shouldn't it at least be tucked away rather nicely over there where if some one is looking for Fuel stuff they can read it?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
wjvail
My Feedback: (3)

I'm out friends. While I personally like Amsoil, I can't take this any more.

Cheers,

Bill
Old 07-16-2012, 04:17 PM
jloftin

THANXBILLHAVEAGREATFLY

THANX JAYLOFTIN

Name:	Om33927.jpg
Views:	24
ID:	1782625  
Old 07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
AJsToyz

Why i use AMSOIL products ?     I have been flying giant scale r/c planes for about ten years now. The first time i saw giant scale planes was around 2002 i went to a giant scale R/C fly-in in Lebanon TN where i saw many awesome flyers there, Pros then and now !!!!!! most of them were flying Carden planes with DA engines !!       WHEN I SAW THEM  '' I WAS HOOKED '' and at the time i didn't know much about any thing that had to do with r/c planes or engines. I did know i wanted to fly them and loved the scale and design of the planes and OOOHHHH YES THAT AMSOIL STICKER ON THE COWL OF JUST ABOUT ALL OF THERE PLANES ???????????         NOW LET FAST FORWARD 2012  NOW I HAVE THE PLANES I DREAMED OF FLYING !!!!!!!!!!!!  and i have a lot more knowledge about what to use on my planes to make them the best planes i can fly servos , electronics ,covering, hardware, battery's, plane kits. AND YES   ( ENGINES) Â

ANDÂ THISÂ ISÂ WHEREÂ THATÂ STICKERÂ COMESÂ INÂ TH ATÂ IÂ SAWÂ INÂ 2002Â Â Â Â Â Â Â AMSOIL

I have been using AMSOIL OIL PRODUCTS for ten years now on my Giant Scale R/C engines now.  the engines are two -cycle electronic ignitions motors that operate in ranges from 1:200 to 6:800 rpm with a flying time of about 12 min i use one pack of the AMSOIL SABER 100:1 premix packet to a gallon of gas this mix will work with 100cc 50cc 30cc motors and i even break in the motors with this same mix adjusting the carburetor after about three or four gallons of gas through the motor. The reason that AMSOIL is so awesome and easy to use in 100cc 50cc 30cc is that it provides optimum protection at 100:1 when the motor manufacturer has specified a 50:1 or 30:1 mix ratio.

The reason AMSOIL can do this is ( THE OIL RESIST CONSUMPTION AND EVAPORATION BETTER THAN CONVENTIONAL TWO-CYCLE OILS.THE COMBINATION OF PREMIUM BASE OIL CHEMISTRY AND SUPERIOR ADDITIVE TECHNOLOGY ALLOWSÂ SABER 100:1 TO DELIVER MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE AND PROTECTION IN SMALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS EVEN AT 100:1)Â

Saber pro 100:1 is designed for lean mix ratios ,it contains high temperature detergents for small power equipment, 100cc 50cc 30cc it has excellent lubricity and cleanliness properties to control friction and help prevent wear, plug fouling and ring sticking  Â

IN SHORT EASY STARTING NO BURPS SPUTTERS DEAD STICKS SMOOTH RUNNING DURING THROTTLE TRANSITION
COOLERÂ RUNNINGÂ LESSÂ MAINTENANCE LONGERÂ PERFORMANCEÂ BEFOREÂ ENGINEÂ OVERHAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEREÂ ISÂ KNOWÂ BETTERÂ PRODUCTÂ ONÂ THEÂ MARKET I CHOOSE AMSOIL AS MY AIRPLANE MOTOR OIL FOR PERFORMANCE . QUALITY AND DEPENDABILITYÂ Â Â Â Â

please ask any questions that you have about AMSOIL i have the wright information that you need for quality performance of you oil productÂ

AMSOIL FLYER AND DEALER    JAY LOFTIN         www.jayloftinyoutube.com                 [email protected]
I guess one question about this thread is the oil mix? Does the brochure have a typo? You are running at 100:1 the brochure has you running at 50:1 , big difference in oil ratios.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
jloftin

YES100:1THATISATYPEo THATPLANEHASADLE55 ANDIRUNAMSOILSABER100:1 ANDAMSOILQUICKSHOT

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN

Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
telejojo

I don't think I would 100:1 in my weedeater........................................
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
68goat
My Feedback: (40)

[I've been running Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 in my Zenoah and CRRC engines with great results, however, 50:1 is the highest ratio I feel comfortable running. I don't fly competitive events, so I don't need to push my engines to their limits.color=#0000CC][/color]
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM
DougB1
My Feedback: (11)

1 I CAN FLY
2 I CAN GO TO FLY-INS
3 I HAVE GAS ENGINE PLANES
4 I USE AMSOIL AND HAVE FOR TEN YEARS
5 I NO HOW TO TUNE MOTORS
6 I HAVE A REALLY NICE BOOTH

THANX FOR YOUR COMMENT JAY LOFTIN

Learn how to spell ( I know ) not (I no )
Old 07-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Ed

1 I CAN FLY
2 I CAN GO TO FLY-INS

Nooo, he's not selling anything.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Ed

1 I CAN FLY
2 I CAN GO TO FLY-INS

Nooo, he's not selling anything.
Now this is getting fun! If people were using Amsoil they probably quit now. I have a hunch that Amsoil has nothing to do with sponsering JL and if so maybe some evaluation needs to take place.

BTW how does a 100:1 mix verses a 50:1 verses a 32:1 mix affect cooling properties? I remember doing a test in a nitro engine once by just adding a small amount of Klotz castor oil to a 15% mix and was amazed at how much cooler the engine ran. It was a marked difference.

I would think that when you decrease oil mix ratio you would to some degree (pun intended) increase heat? Maybe it does not work that way and maybe additional oil makes the engine labor. I have used 100:1 Amsoil yet it seems a tad lean on oil/fuel mix to me as per most engines. Some do state you can use Amsoil in their user manuals.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

Jay Loftin gives AMSOIL a bad name while trying to give it a good one. Scary stuff :P Anyone can become a AMSOIL "dealer" lol. I doubt there's any sponsorship there.

I actually do run the saber oil in my DA engines but usually around a 80:1 mix because I like to lean on the side of cautious :P The reason I run the stuff is because a friend and his father have ran the stuff for years in their Chevy's and even tore one down after 300,000 miles to see how it looked and were rather impressed. I still broke my DA in on 30:1 lawnboy. Being able to run 100:1 doesn't suprise my at all. I mean not long ago oil changes were around every 3000mi and now they are pushing somewhere between 10,000 and 25,000 depending on the type of oil used and filtration system.

As for 50:1 oils I also love to run Belray H1R.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 AM
AJsToyz

Ralph Cunningham, if anyone knows who this guys is ?? Races two strokes and does run them rich on oil. They run cooler and have more power with the higher content according to Ralph.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Ralph Cunningham, if anyone knows who this guys is ?? Races two strokes and does run them rich on oil. They run cooler and have more power with the higher content according to Ralph.

I used to run two strokes in my day-to-day work environment and we always used quality oils and mixed per manufacturer instructions. There was too much at stake to play around with my engines. Normally we had specific size bottles that mixed the exact amount into five gallon gas cans as this made the process much easier. I would mix about 5-10 gallons at each fill-up about twice a week. When I did have to measure I always used just a bit more oil than specs, but not a lot more.

I found that my engines did not perform quite as well when over rich in oil. I would imagine it does make a difference in the engine application - a dirtbike vs a weed eater vs a chainsaw, etc. One thing is for sure there is a huge difference between 80:1 and 32:1. I think you end up tuning the engine for best performance. If the engine is oil rich you will probably lean it out and changing air misture to perform better to compensate for the excess oil mixture.

The danger with a 100:1 oil is probably running an engine too lean and would need a more precise adjustment. I don't have the time, however I think this would be worth testing to see the results [8D]

Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Gixxy

Jay Loftin gives AMSOIL a bad name while trying to give it a good one. Scary stuff :P Anyone can become a AMSOIL ''dealer'' lol. I doubt there's any sponsorship there.

I actually do run the saber oil in my DA engines but usually around a 80:1 mix because I like to lean on the side of cautious :P The reason I run the stuff is because a friend and his father have ran the stuff for years in their Chevy's and even tore one down after 300,000 miles to see how it looked and were rather impressed. I still broke my DA in on 30:1 lawnboy. Being able to run 100:1 doesn't suprise my at all. I mean not long ago oil changes were around every 3000mi and now they are pushing somewhere between 10,000 and 25,000 depending on the type of oil used and filtration system.

As for 50:1 oils I also love to run Belray H1R.
80:1 is about where I ran my Amsoil. How long have you run Amsoil in your DA and have you noticed any real differences in temp, carbon, performance, etc?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: matt43

Okay just have to ask... Has anyone looked at ultralights?? 99% of rotax 2 strokes run amsoil at 100:1 they trust there asses to it! And for those that say well they run lower rpm... The engines at cruise turn 5800.... Just a thought if people trust there lives to it, why not our toys... Also call DA or 3w they say there is nothing wrong with it at all..

It is puzzling why some user groups hate Amsoil while other user groups trust their very lives to it.

I've used Amsoil Sabre in my two-stroke lawn equipment for over ten years now and have not had any kind of a problem that I could attribute to using inferior oil.

Ed Cregger
Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Whistling Death

The more oil you use the cooler the engine will run. Oil carries the heat away.
If you use 100:1 you need to cover two basic rules. 1 Proper tuning 2. Proper cooling.
But of course tuning and cooling rule of thumb goes for any engine.

If I remember correctly Ralph Cunningham runs all his race engines at 32:1.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

The more oil you use the cooler the engine will run. Oil carries the heat away.
If you use 100:1 you need to cover two basic rules. 1 Proper tuning 2. Proper cooling.
But of course tuning and cooling rule of thumb goes for any engine.

If I remember correctly Ralph Cunningham runs all his race engines at 32:1.
I'm not sure that oil that combusts in a gasser carries away heat quite like the excessive amounts of oil that flow through glo engines. It certainly can't hurt anything though and many tests have proven that more oil = more power. 32:1 for me as I just can't see where using less oil accomplishes anything in our engines.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
jloftin

TOTALLY OK ....... MAKES MYWEEDEATERRUNGREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:	Ge94689.jpg
Views:	28
ID:	1782974  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 PM
jloftin

DOMINATORISAVERYGOODOILALSOIHAVEUSEDITASWEll USINGAMSOILDOMINATOR YOUSHOULDFOLLOWTHEMIXRATIOS
INTHEOWNERSMANUALLY THESYNTHETIC MAKEUPOFTHATOILISDIFFERENT THANTHEAMSOILSABER100:1OIL ALSOCHECK
INTOUSINGTHEQUICKSHOTITISTHEBESTGASADDITIVETHATIHA VEEVERUSED !!!!

THANKYOU JAYLOFTIN
Old 07-17-2012, 12:45 PM
jloftin

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN

Name:	Us52509.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1782975  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.