Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om32728.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1782976  
    Jay Loftin
    Authorized Amsoil Distributor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

ORIGINAL: jloftin

DOMINATORÂ*ISÂ*AÂ*VERYÂ*GOODÂ*OILÂ*ALSOÂ*IÂ*HAVEÂ* USEDÂ*ITÂ*ASÂ*WEllÂ* Â*Â* USINGÂ*AMSOILÂ*DOMINATORÂ* YOUÂ*SHOULDÂ*FOLLOWÂ*THEÂ*MIXÂ*RATIOS
    INÂ*THEÂ*OWNERSÂ*MANUALLY Â* THEÂ*SYNTHETIC MAKEÂ*UPÂ*OFÂ*THATÂ*OILÂ*ISÂ*DIFFERENT THANÂ*THEÂ*AMSOILÂ*SABERÂ*100:1Â*OIL ALSOÂ*CHECK
    INTOÂ*USINGÂ*THEÂ*QUICKÂ*SHOTÂ*ITÂ*ISÂ*THEÂ*BESTÂ* GASÂ*ADDITIVEÂ*THATÂ*IÂ*HAVEÂ*EVERÂ*USED !!!!

THANKÂ*YOU Â* Â* Â*Â* JAYÂ*LOFTIN

YOU TYPE LARGE LETTER YOU ARE MUST BE RELIYBLE SORCE FOR OIL AND VERY INFORMATIVE TO US ALL.......

THAANK YOU

NICK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ROFLMAO
    Glow Head #6, UltraSport #70

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PLEASE someone shoot this forum and lets go argue about something else. [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANKYOUGIXXY JUSTWANTTOHELPASMANYPEOPLEASICANWITHGASENGINEISSUE SWHENTHERE TRYINGTOMIXOIL&GAS

Name:	Ki19468.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	1783036  
    Jay Loftin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PLEASEDONTSHOOTANDKNOWNEEDTOARGUE ! WHATTYPEOFMOTORDOYOURUNINYOURPLANES ? ANDYOUROIL ALSO IFYOUFLYUSINGGAS & OILENGINES ?

Name:	Rp44396.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	1783037  
    Jay Loftin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SAMEHEREEDIUSEITINEVERY2-STROKEENGINEIHAVE ANDTHEQUICKSHOTALSO !! MOTORSSTARTWRIGHTUPANDMYNEIGHBORS MOTORS ASWELL . THEYPULLED ONTHERECORDSTILLTHEYTURNED BLUEINTHEFACE

ALSOHEREISA TECH TIP ....... PRIME YOURMOTORGOODONCHOKE,,,,,,,,,,,, NOWPULLCORD.................WHENENGINE TRY S TO TURNOVER
    PUTCHOKELEVERIN.... RUN..... POSITIONJUSTLIKER/C GASENGINES.............. PULLCORDAGAINENGINESHOULDSTARTWRIGHTUP ?????????? TURNYOURBLOWERORWEEDEATERUPSIDEDOWN ANDLIGHTLYGIVE ITGAS WHENITFIRSTSTARTSITWILLBURNTHECHOKE
    GASTHATYOUFIRSTPRIMEINTHEENGINEANDKEEPYOURMOTORFRO MSTALLING YOUKNOWHOWTHEYLIKETOHESITATEWHENYOUFIRSTSTARTTHEM ????????????? UPSIDEDOWNSHOULDHELPIFYOUHAVETHATPROBLEM

THANXAGAINEDJAYLOFTIN

Jay Loftin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I AM USING STIHL HP ULTRA AT 50:1. PLEASE ADVICE ME IF I AM USING THE WRONG OIL ?

Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I DONOTKNOWWHATSTHILOILISMADEOFORIFITISSYNTHETIC BUTIFYOUROWNERSMANUALLY FORYOUR ENGINE SAYSUSE 50:1THAT'S WHATIWOULDDO UNLESSYOUAREUSING AMSOILSABER 100:1PREMIX!!!!
    THISWILLWORKONALL 100:1 50:1 30:1 GASENGINESTHATUSEAOILMIX

ICANTTELLYOUWHATOILTOUSEBUTI AMUSINGAMSOILSABER 100:1 ANDTHEREQUICKSHOT
    ANDHAVEBEENFORMANYYEARS NOPROBLEMSFORME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOUJAYLOFTIN

Name:	Nl29351.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	1783041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cy77368.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	1783042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In27806.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1783043  
    Jay Loftin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I work on powersports toys like cycles, atvs, snowmobiles, outboards and pwc for a living, plus i also fly ultralights and light sport aircraft with the rotax engines like 447s, 503 and 582 engines. i often hear customers complain that their oil is the cause of burning up pistons or crankshafts, 9 times out of 10, its the idiot who is twisting the throttle on the engine and have absolutely no clue on 2 stroke tuning or running. last year i rebuilt a ski doo mxz 700 for a guy, both new jugs,pistons and crankshaft, the sled came back to me within 2 days with damaged pistons on both cylinders because the idiot didn't know enough to warm the engine up thoroughly before hitting the trail, the pistons had cold seized and stuck the rings, he was complaining about the oil being crap when in fact it was his fault for not warming the engine up. And i have personally witnessed numerous engine teardowns on the ultralights from my flying field, 1 guy had an engine seizure over the wisconsin river and he ended up in the drink, he was running the amsoil at 100/1 when it happened and in this case i believe the lack of oil killed this engine from the damaged i have seen on the pistons he had been running 50/1 ratio pennzoil air cooled oil for a couple of years before he switched over to 100/1 ratio amsoil, that engine was on its 2nd tank of 100/1 fuel when that happened. I rebuilt the engine for him with a new crankshaft and he has over 260 trouble free hours so far running pennzoil at 50/1 another flyer had a 503 powered challenger that he built new, this brand new engine had less than 50 hours on it before engine seized on him, (100/1 amsoil again) plane was damaged beyond repair. I have another guy at the field who ran 50/1 klotz oil with castor through his newly freshened up 503 in his flightstar that he had just bought, 25-30 hours later the engine was getting hard to start and he stated it didn't have the power it used to have when new, upon disassembly, the pistons were carboned up so severely it stuck both rings. he freshened the engine up again with new pistons and is running trouble free with the pennzoil 50/1 mix. I have just over 800 hours of flight time behind rotax 2 strokes in 3 different aircraft ( 2 447s with premixed 50/1 pennzoil and oil injected 582 with pennzoil again) amsoil is probably fine at 50/1 ratio but i sure as hell won't trust my life to 100/1 ratio of any brand of oil, it just isn't enough protection

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Instead of another sales pitch, why don't you explain exactly how Amsoil 2 stroke will show me a significant, tangible advantage over other oils? A side by side engine shootout would go along way to convincing your peers. Maybe we could get R/C Model Review to do it!

What we want here are hard facts sans the smoke blowing (another pun, whoopee!).

Firepower R/C
    Saving un-loved R/C airplanes around the world

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To be completely honest with you, it would be a cold day in Hell before you will see me trusting my posterior to any two-stroke engine, regardless of brand or type of oil.

I'm not the kind of guy that invests thousands of dollars in two-stroke engines of any kind. They are near throw aways when brand new as far as I'm concerned, so I don't expect years and years of service from them, which is why I don't buy the expensive ones. Ring-da-ding-ding-ding.

Ed Cregger
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Firepower R/C

Instead of another sales pitch, why don't you explain exactly how Amsoil 2 stroke will show me a significant, tangible advantage over other oils? A side by side engine shootout would go along way to convincing your peers. Maybe we could get R/C Model Review to do it!

What we want here are hard facts sans the smoke blowing (another pun, whoopee!).

And with the caps lock OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If all your posts weren't a blatant sales pitch (with little or no information, just "Amsoil is the best!") and in all caps, I don't think things would be going this bad for you...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Firepower R/C

This would be a good test and the scenario must have the same engines and all conditions much match as close as possible. Engine test, unless done in a controlled environment, are difficult to pull off with decent measurable results. I remember back in the day dyno testing some engines and there was a marked difference in testing on rainy days verses dry days with dust blowing all around. Some of those dusty days resulted in some light scored engines when pulled down. So even hard facts might not include all the variables without a proper test bed. I still would like to see results from a solid test.

Also there is a huge difference in engines. High quality two stroke engines have better material in the bores, better bearings, etc. and that alone changes how well an engine will do on various oils. Throw some cheap oil in a cheap crapo two stroke and it should show you quickly just how bad it is. This is one reason it is hard to trust anything anybody states on these forums unless you have first hand knowledge of what they are using. There are certainly folks that have used Amsoil successfully in two strokes for years with excellent results.

Let's see what JLoft COMES UP WITH - SALES PITCH ARE HARD FACTS?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those look like Pennzoil ducks. Do they belong on an AMSOIL commercial??
    ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Quack!
    Brian P. Smith Bismith2@hotmail.com
    AMA 1044 IMAA 21141 W4BPS <><

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jloftin, I wouldn't buy anything from you. You are obnoxious, you can't spell and you are skirting the forum rules to sell your product.

I vote for admins to lock this thread.
    Blake

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

these oil war forums are pure bs, it is always my brand is best, your brand is junk.just use what you want and be done with it, if it works for you fine. it is a 50/50 argument, always was and always will be. if you are new to gas, call the manufacture and ask what he suggests. 32-1 and you won't go wrong, regardless of what brand r/c engine you are using. whenever a motor is fried there are to many unknown variables we never hear about, and it is always blamed on the oil.[X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jloftin

DOMINATORÂ*ISÂ*AÂ*VERYÂ*GOODÂ*OILÂ*ALSOÂ*IÂ*HAVEÂ* USEDÂ*ITÂ*ASÂ*WEllÂ* Â*Â* USINGÂ*AMSOILÂ*DOMINATORÂ* YOUÂ*SHOULDÂ*FOLLOWÂ*THEÂ*MIXÂ*RATIOS
    INÂ*THEÂ*OWNERSÂ*MANUALLY Â* THEÂ*SYNTHETIC MAKEÂ*UPÂ*OFÂ*THATÂ*OILÂ*ISÂ*DIFFERENT THANÂ*THEÂ*AMSOILÂ*SABERÂ*100:1Â*OIL ALSOÂ*CHECK
    INTOÂ*USINGÂ*THEÂ*QUICKÂ*SHOTÂ*ITÂ*ISÂ*THEÂ*BESTÂ* GASÂ*ADDITIVEÂ*THATÂ*IÂ*HAVEÂ*EVERÂ*USED !!!!

THANKÂ*YOU Â* Â* Â*Â* JAYÂ*LOFTIN
    and another thing , whever a new product/mfg. appears and claims it is the best thing since sliced bread and will work wonders (BEWARE) imho there are a few good additives around but most are just snake oils or feel good remedies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Life would be much too easy if you did not have snake oil salesmen [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone looked at ultralights?? 99% of rotax 2 strokes run amsoil at 100:1 they trust there asses to it!  
    Absolutely untrue, amsoilj/jloftin. Everyone I know with a 2-stroke ultralight uses :  Pennzoil for Aircooled, Stihl HP, anything other than!

What do engine shops call Amsoil users?

Customers !  
    I might not be very good, but I'm fun to watch!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who in their right mind would run an air cooled 2-smoke at 100:1 ?

That's just silly no matter what the manufacturer claims. Silly...
    Taz Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the ducks are rogue ducks and they just do what they want!

Amsoil guy did say one several accounts gas is the problem here. I think gas is way over rated, something we could do with out. If you just sit back and look at your plane it will never crash or fail. If you did this you could sit back with any kind of beverage you want and never have a problem. Heck, you wouldn't even need to waste the time or money for good batteries, why even use an engine? The plane would just be pretty as a picture if you left that dirty old gas out of her. Think of the many hours of conversation of what could have been? All the enjoyment of how nice this plane is and how many years it's been around with not even one crash? No hazards or obstacles, no brown out issues, or receivers heating up, no wondering about what caused what? A thing of beauty I tell you!

That's it, don't need no stinking additives or 100:1, just don't do it! Gas is the enemy my friends, stay clear!!

If this don't work for you I suggest Coleman fuel with lawn boy @ 32:1 [:@]

Ok, I think that fits in with this thread just fine.
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So how about those electric planes ????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gixxy

You mean the silent slicers [:@] We have had 3 guys in our club get cut up VERY badly [&:] with electrics. You don't usually have that much trouble with a glow or gas, at least you can see and HEAR them running.
    DougB1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gixxy

Just make sure you run AMSOIL QUACK SHOT @ $743.00 a gallon in your electric planes and your are good-to-go! [X(]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast