Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Truckracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Finally rear carb AND rear exhaust!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: hobby_man

China purchase Continental by the way!
http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/going...d-chinese-firm
Recently, they also got Beechcraft!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
airborne2.4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Quote:
ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

I'd really like to see the rear exhaust on the DLE 20cc as well[8D]
Pete
Absolutely!
Maybe OS will also have a rear exhaust 22cc in the future http://www.os-engines.co.jp/news/webdir/15/1.pdf
Old 07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
rcguy59

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's mine on my KMP Bearcat. Ran right out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90126.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1783399  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Whistling Death

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: airborne2.4

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Quote:
ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

I'd really like to see the rear exhaust on the DLE 20cc as well[8D]
Pete
Absolutely!
Maybe OS will also have a rear exhaust 22cc in the future http://www.os-engines.co.jp/news/webdir/15/1.pdf
I was an O.S. fanboy for a long time but in this economy I'm not a fan of their prices. [] I know will be a high quality engine though.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
captinjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: airraptor

Quote:
ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Quote:
ORIGINAL: airraptor

Yeah capt is off base as there isnt any planes for this engine. its his opinion though. I am very glad they made this engine. now if they can take this engine and increase the stroke some then have a 40CC engine for the same weight and size......... it will still fit in any plane for a 20-30cc engine. i dont know why they made the twin a 60 though and not put the 35CC cylinders on it or maybe its marketing and they will in a year.. Hint hint hint.....
Capt,n here.....I was going by the balance opinion what everyone is harping about. They allkeep saying War-Birds need a engine that is heavy enough so dead weight does not need to be added to get the balance right. If I was going to to a War bird....I would pick one that a G62 Zenoah ''Lite'' engine, built like the engine Ralph of RC Ignition has done. That G62 will fit in a 70 inch yak that was kitted by Carl Goldberg. A friend had one with the G62(standard) and the only thing he changed was he doubled the fire-wall. It would fly strait up out of site and he could do any aerobatic trick you could think of. That was years ago. Get a real quality engine....forget the china made cheapies. I gotone 30cc DLE....but all my other engines are not china made and it is going to stay that way.

Sure that 35cc may fit in anything....but is a Warbird going to balance with it?

So you are here to just hate on the DLE engines???? Your post has no added value???
Well that is your opinion...DLE and the other china made engines are too lite made for balance on a lot of war-birds, iswhat I am saying. What added value can you give? Your turn.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
airraptor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote from Capt "That was years ago. Get a real quality engine....forget the china made cheapies. I got one 30cc DLE....but all my other engines are not china made and it is going to stay that way. "

This is the what i was refering to. you sound like one of those guys that come in to JR/Spektrum thread and say how good futaba is and never by JR/Spektrum Junk. ITS your Opinion.

i agree some warbirds need more nose weight but i try to move all the equipment in the plane first then add weight if needed. I dont like to add dead weight to a plane. i know those Zenoah engines are reliable and last for ever but they are heavy still. if i was going to put a bigger engine in a plane to help balance i wouldnt pick the 62 as my choice it woul be a DA 85 if a two stroke. but there are many options for "heavy" engines that would be better on a warbird for sure like many of the 50cc four Strokes.

DLE engines are great and and any gas two stroke I buy will be DLE if they have the size I need!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 AM
RiverLarry

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hay John !!!! you mite wont to go out in the shop and start that Mintor 22 you just got and watch it run !!!!!!

I am one who cant wate to get the new DLE !!!! I have a place for it !!!!

heck I have a place for that cute little Twin !!!!! also

dont get these people too fired up !!!! I would not wont to Hide From you at the next Fun Fly R L

P S the mintor 38 is $ 375.00 with side EX. ?????

Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 AM
MTK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: RiverLarry

Hay John !!!! you mite wont to go out in the shop and start that Mintor 22 you just got and watch it run !!!!!!

P S the mintor 38 is $ 375.00 with side EX. ?????

I still have my Mintor 38 for sale if anyone is interested. It isn't quite broken in yet, about 1 1/2 gallons through it. I'm reducing the price to $275, shipped in the US.

PM me please only if interested. I will not respond in this thread and my apologies if hijacked it a bit
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 AM
captinjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hay John !!!! you mite wont to go out in the shop and start that Mintor 22 you just got and watch it run !!!!!!>>>> I have it on the Profile 260...waiting for fuel tank.

I am one who cant wate to get the new DLE !!!! I have a place for it !!!!>>>> I bet it is not a Warbird the normaly needs a more heavy engine.

heck I have a place for that cute little Twin !!!!! also>>>> I do not know what twin...I bet I would like it too!

dont get these people too fired up !!!! I would not wont to Hide From you at the next Fun Fly R L>>>> I never did hide from anyone....but tried to visit all the folks I met before.

P S the mintor 38 is $ 375.00 with side EX. ?????>>>> I am not in the market for a 35, 33,38cc engine...I have a DLE 30 That has a bowman ring and is good enough in that engine range.

>>>>> Capt.n<<<<
Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 AM
juweeltje

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

rcguy59, you got mail....

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rcguy59

Here's mine on my KMP Bearcat. Ran right out of the box.

Search this Thread