Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas Tank Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Gas Tank Setup?

MTK...your are right...Ilook at them and redo them by cutting off and re-doing the joint if it looks bad. You are right, I need to get some good fuelline from M Carr. Do they have screws(allen head type}that would work good for mounting servos? What other goddies do they have for RC use....like on installs & repairs...ect. Thanks Capt,n
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By The Way.... I have a bunch of plastic fittings for sale to outfit square water bottle types of tanks as the Cap'n showed in his earlier post.

If any one is interested shoot me a PM. This set-up is terrific; no more leaking stoppers, no more drips inside the plane. These are inexpensive, less than 10$ for a full set of fittings, delivered, and includes some of the PolyU tubing I've been talking about
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: 3136

Hey boltman, you can get viton from Perth they also sell on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Viton-Rub...item2314e5011d
Just an update, don't buy this stuff as it is too stiff and will not flop down to the bottom of the tank. Not sure if it comes in thinner walled version, but the one on that link is no good for our use.
I ended up getting 100ft oftygothane c210a from the USA, you can get it in 25ft as well http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FOV1AE/?tag=twp-bl-20postage wasn't much, they don't take paypal, so you'll need a C/C.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
oldtyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could use these....... http://www.fortituderc.com/foutitude_smoke_add_003.htm
Looks like a really hot item and they cost less than the Rotoflow tanks of which I have one but will buy another from the Fortituderc folks.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Mike Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, Matt is spot on his recommendation. I been the tygothane over a year and it's still soft and flexible. His plastic fittings are perfect as are the clear bottles he sells. Matt knows his stuff and is a very helpful guy.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mike Miller

In my opinion, Matt is spot on his recommendation. I been the tygothane over a year and it's still soft and flexible. His plastic fittings are perfect as are the clear bottles he sells. Matt knows his stuff and is a very helpful guy.
Thanks Mike,
Vital RC is doing exactly what I do. They appear to use the same materials as I do.