Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What Airplanes are you Installing a Mintor22cc gas engine in?

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Well I made my first flights on My AeroWorks 260 Profile today. I had all the throws set pretty slow for the maiden flight. It only needed 2 clicks of up elevator and nothing else. Once up in the air I kinda just flew easy with some figure 8 for pratice and too get the feel of a new airplane. It flew super smooth and I liked how it responded to throttle change. There was no change in flight (like up & down) as different throttle setting was tried. I new I had to make that first landing...and to my surprize it landed so good I could not believe it! So I took it right back up and landed a couple times more...they ended being 3 point landings with no bounce whatsoever. I do need to speed the ailerons up...they are way to slow for me. Total time flying close to a hour and it was geting dark here in Mich at 8:50 PM with a few coluds in the west towards Lake Michigan. This bird is a keeper with the Mintor 22cc gas engineΒ*that ran really well. Best Regards, Capt,n
    Nice install Captain, and a great looking engine. Hope if flies well. Good luck and have fun! Right now I am working on finishing up a 50cc Extra with a Stihl 62cc chainsaw engine. The engine weighs about 8 ounces less than a G-62 Lite, and is more powerful as well. Should fly great!

AV8TOR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db86313.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	1794723  
    If it is not SCARY, it is NO WHERE NEAR powerful enough!!
    All R/C planes have expiration dates---> It's just not printed on them anywhere!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

av8tor, nice looking engine. You do nice work on the conversions. Please post a photo of your engine in your Extra. Is the airplane a N. Planes ARF? Best Regards, Capt,n
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Captain. Don't mean to hijack this thread, but since you asked for pics, here they are..... It is a Wild Hare R/C 28% Extra with an 84" wingspan.

Getting close....

AV8TOR

Name:	Fd93173.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	1794749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jf11928.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1794750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uz68403.jpg 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	1794751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Au55677.jpg 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	1794752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hs96176.jpg 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	1794753  

If it is not SCARY, it is NO WHERE NEAR powerful enough!!
    All R/C planes have expiration dates---> It's just not printed on them anywhere!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

av8tor....Great pick for a airplane...have fun with it...I know you will. Best Regads Capt,n

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is My other Aerobeez Yak 54 Profile with a DLE 20cc and a Master Airscrew 15X7 3 blade prop The take off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8LyDsH9eFg&feature=plcp Than went and flew around doing different manuvers in the wind sort of a gusty day 5 to 15 come around and made a not so great Hover to landing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mITfeMbM3co&feature=plcp
    AMA#158633
    NMPRA#N33M
    IMAA#26755
    PROBRO #152

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now that I am back to working on my Bucker Jungman project, the Mintor is one of the engines being considered. It has a wingspan of 58" so it is comparable in size to a Goldberg Ultimate. Very unique kit. The manufacturer was based in Scotland under the name of Cap aeromodels. The kit was produced in 1974 and has been one of the most difficult builds I have ever done. Lots of sticks. If you look closely you will notice the stab/elevator, ruddr/fin tips. They are 3 laminations of 1/64 ply sanded to a 1/2 radius. Can't wait to get started on the wings. I just have to deside to build stock flat bottom wings or to cut all new ribs for symmetrical wings. What do you guys think?

Name:	Yw68773.jpg 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	1795921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj26525.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	1795922  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Seagull Spacewalker 120 and am using a DLE 20 in it...It has lots of power..The DLE's are a bit loud so an after market muffler might be an option...I have ones for both my DLE 20 and my 30... I find the throttle really only responsive thru the first 1/2 of the throw..The last half dosen't do much...Also when I throttle down it stays on high idle for a little while before going to a slow idle..It affects landing..You need to set up early or you use lots of runway...I really like the DLE's power....
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys what is the noise level like on the 22? That muffler doesn't look like it would do much.
    Balsa USA brother #1
    Top Flight brother #08
    Sig brother 104
    Cub brother #206

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jerrysu29

Here is My other Aerobeez Yak 54 Profile with a DLE 20cc and a Master Airscrew 15X7 3 blade prop The take off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8LyDsH9eFg&feature=plcp Than went and flew around doing different manuvers in the wind sort of a gusty day 5 to 15 come around and made a not so great Hover to landing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mITfeMbM3co&feature=plcp

Wow...that landing was neat...never seen a landing that neat before ! Later......Capt,n

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Mintor 22cc noise level is not as bad as a DLE30...I have both ! The Mintor22cc is the smoothest gas engine I have ran. Capt,n

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Capt'n, thanks for that.
    I was looking for  small gassers to run a twin, I ordered plans for the Henschel 129
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2168286/tm.htm

Regards Mark
    Balsa USA brother #1
    Top Flight brother #08
    Sig brother 104
    Cub brother #206

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all,
    My experience of the Mintor 22 is that I flew it for 22 flights (would you believe!) - yes I log all my flights. There must have been something in that because I could not get it to run again.[] It was flown in a WOT 4 XL with a 17x6 prop. No cowl.

Having exhausted all obvious reasons why it would no longer start the supplier here in the UK suggested I look into the carb and check the filter - no problems there. So I removed the whole carb and what did I find - a shattered reed valve. It has now been returned to Minotori. Apparantly this is the first failure of its kind in Europe. Today I received a replacement and started the run-in process.

I use a digital (infra-red) thermometer on the head to track the temeperature and of course the tacho connected into the ignition. At 4k-4.5k the head temp reads 85-95 deg C. Using two together is very helpful when finding peak rpm.

It is now back on the WOT 4 XL. The canister as supplied may look good - but inverted it hangs too far below the fuselage and I suggest that it would be too prone to bending on a nose over. Previously I mounted it vertically like a chimney! In my view that supplied with the engine only serves to proteect the exhaust port... The noise was a bit distracting. Anyway now I have a header and a proper canister made up for it which runs alongside the fuselage- sooo much quieter.

Name:	Ki18932.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	1822367  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Was thinking to install Mintor 22 cc in Hanger 9 AT-6 Texan. What think you? Perhaps too much engine?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seems like the Mintor22cc engine should wok in a Hanger 9 AT-6 Texan. By the way, there is a new web-site for Mintor engines. I will find the link and post it here. Capt,n

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is that link for the new Mintor engine web-site. http://www.topdawgaviation.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12