Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EME60

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EME60

much better than a DLE55.i am spinning a 24-8 NX prop at just over 6500 with a DA side dump muffller.if you do a search you will find that the DA is getting 6500-6600 on a Xoar 24-8 with the same muffler.
    Xoar laminate 23-8 at just over 7150.i am waiting for a Falcon 24-8 for my next prop to try.
    as for now i like the 60, as long as it holds together,time will tell.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

went flying today with the 89" Slick and EME60,did some prop testing while waiting for the field to be mowed.found out why i like the Xoar 23-8 at 7200,it was pulling 31lbs. on a digital fish scale.
    i also tried the NX 24-8, 6520 with 25 lbs. of thrust.
    rpm's haven't change much with 4 gals. through it,i think they will stay where there at now.
    also found out that the cylinder base bolt pattern is the same as a DLE55.i didn't find out if the EME60 cylinder would drop down in the case of a DLE55,the piston is larger than a 55.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,guys
    i am a representative of the DLE manufacturer ,and this is my first time to come here.
    So hope i can know and share something about DLE in here.

If you have any question,please feel free to ask me. I will try my best to help you.
    But i donot know that(because i am also a newer for engines, i am also learning about DLE)

Thanks for your attention and support about DLE.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    Since you are here now, I wanted to ask you about the 55RA... I heard there were some bearing problems. has this been solved.
    I cannot decide between the 55ra or the EME.... I still have a 2 month before I have to buy. I'm just waiting for the EF extra

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would have thought a24x8 would have more thrust than the 23x8...maybe its the spool up that's killing it ? Pretty big difference from what you reported.... So should I stick with a 23 over the 24 for that "thrust" power ? Im looking to put this engine in a 32% pilot decathlon...would like to hover once in a while.... I saw a video on youtube from Tony(pilot rc) kinda hovering with a dle55.....wondering if this will be enough to make it better.....any thoughts ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whats involved with installing the FB ring ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: yankphan

i would have thought a*24x8 would have more thrust than the 23x8...maybe its the spool up that's killing it ? Pretty big difference from what you reported.... So should I stick with a 23 over the 24 for that ''thrust'' power ? Im looking to put this engine in a 32% pilot decathlon...would like to hover once in a while.... I saw a video on youtube from Tony(pilot rc) kinda hovering with a dle55.....wondering if this will be enough to make it better.....any thoughts ?

i know,i was also surprise on the NX 24-8 thrust,it's got to be the lower rpm and or just the difference in props.the Xoar 23-8 is working at the top of it's rpm, just screamin at 7200,along with the speed and screamin verticls.
    one other thing i found out was the Falcon 24-9 had just 1/2lb. difference in thrust compared to the Xoar 23-8,both props had almost identical performance.
    i would start out with the 23-8 for your heavier plane,or maybe the Vess 24a.

on the Bowman ring all you have to do is remove the cylinder and take the old ring off and replace with the new one.you just have to pay attention on the ring,the ends have a notch cut out and the notch faces up,so it will fit under the indexing pin located in the groove of the piston.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123