Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Saito gas engine mounts

Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM
corvettez06
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito gas engine mounts

I have an fg-17 and the fg-14b. I have the fg-17 mounted on a plane with a nylon mount because the metal mount included won't work unless I rebuild the firewall at a different measurement because the included metal mount doesn't allow for any adjustments. Is it okay to use these Saito gassers with a Great Planes nylon mount?

Thanks, Jason
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Saito gas engine mounts

ORIGINAL: corvettez06

I have an fg-17 and the fg-14b. I have the fg-17 mounted on a plane with a nylon mount because the metal mount included won't work unless I rebuild the firewall at a different measurement because the included metal mount doesn't allow for any adjustments. Is it okay to use these Saito gassers with a Great Planes nylon mount?

Thanks, Jason
Jason, Saito recommends tothebuyer to use themetal engine mount that comes with the engine because it helps to dissipate engine heat more efficiently then other types of mounts.
If the Saito engine mount will not suit your installation, then you have no choice but to use a different mount. Just be aware that you may have to provide a larger exit holein the enginecompartment/bay for the hot air to escape after it passes through the engine cooling fins.

Roger
Old 09-13-2012, 02:21 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Saito gas engine mounts

I've had no trouble using plastic mounts on my FG20's but these engines were mounted out in the open with no cowl.