Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone willing to help me with some basic glow engine info???

Guys, I've been out if the hobby for a while, and I mostly flew 1/4 and 1/3rd scale gassers back when I was flying. In short, I've recently come across a box of various glow engines that a family member left behind, and now I have been asked to sell the engines as well as a plane or two as well. I haven't made up a list yet, but for instance, there is a BNIB Enya 50cx, and also a really nice Moki 1.20 (I think that's what it was lol). However, upon googling for the Enya 50cx and a couple others, I can't even find a value/price for it, as apparently the 50cx is no longer made, et. SO, without crossing any lines, or breaking any forum rules (I realize this isn't the F/S forum), I was wondering once I make up my detailed F/S list, if someone here might be kind enough to help me determine some fair asking prices for all these engines I have to sell? Many are only bench run, some are even new-old stock. ?? Anyone willing to help me out here guys? My father left these engines behind, and I know he only bench ran them. His eyes weren't good enough to fly, but he loved tinkering with engines out in the driveway on his test table. Thanks for any help here guys. I really appreciate it.
    Paul Cataldo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Anyone willing to help me with some basic glow engine info???

Try Ebay. Dan.
    Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Dan, I will continue trying the 'bay. A few days ago, there were a few Enya 50cx mufflers listed, but no engines.
    Paul Cataldo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just consider them equal in value to any good engine in the same displacement and type. Try to sell to locals through clubs and swaps first. Minimum value is 50 cents on the dollar against todays engines.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Good luck
    Oops!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have not done a search lately but at one time you could look at past sales on the Bay?

You also could look up old sales and find values in the RCU market place at one time but since the new ownership, all that went South.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did the search on the Bay and it only went back about 2 wks with no results
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ebay is such a big marketplace that stuff generally goes for what it's worth. That's assuming that it's described and presented right and the seller has a good enough reputation. There aren't many collectibles in our hobby aside from old kits and maybe some very popular old engines that competition rules make it advantageous to have. So prices are based mostly on practical value, some of which is comprised of parts availability.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm pretty sure I had a brand new Enya 50 CX mounted in my new Goldberg "Anniversary" Cub (clipped wing version) back in the mid 80s. Bought the project combo as a package fom a hobby shop in New Jersey somewhere. That little engine was awesome (as with most Enyas) but waay too much power for that airframe in my oppinion. Couldn't resist doing low level high speed simulated straffing runs with it out at the dry lake beds out in Vegas![8D] A little ole worn out .40 would have been adequate and more suited to easily replicate the actual power availability and subsequent aerodynamics of a full scale clipped winger..