Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

setting up a Webra Bully for gas

Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
pura
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting up a Webra Bully for gas

Hi,
I have a NIB Webra Bully that was set up for gas. I have got it to the point of getting ready to run it but have a few questions since I am relatively new to gas and this engine.

First is the ignition system. I see that the battery lead is not a connection we use today plus the wiring order, by color is different. Not sure what to do here - cut off the lead and solder on a current plug and re-arrange the wires by color?

My engine did come with instructions but they make no mention of the gap on the Bosch spark plug.

Anything else I should be aware of before I try to start it would be appreciated. I have both a Pitts style muffler and a tuned pipe. I have[img][/img] a header as well as you can see in the photo, but I will have to find a flexible connector for the 2.

Thanks,
Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86157.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	1809983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17894.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1809984  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:21 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: setting up a Webra Bully for gas

pura, the black and red wires in the connector that power the ignition module are universally the negative and positive leads, respectively, for the battery. The yellow wire is probably not being used at all. Most connectors being used are the Futaba type but you can use any connector you want between the battery and the module. Don’t forget the switch that goes between the two. You certainly want to be able to connect to that so pick the connector that mates to it. Now, that being said, hopefully someone really knows. Dan.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:34 PM
D2091

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need instruction sheet for Webra ignition unit

If anyone sees this I will be overjoyed! Do you have the instruction sheet for the ignition unit? Do you know if a magnet comes with the kit, or do you have to put your own magnet in the crank pin? I assume that magnetizing the crank pin would not be enough? Did you get yours going? I figure the pins to be #1 Red +, #2 NC, #3 black ground, #4 yellow short to ground for on/off running. (black and yellow ring out as being the same, r.e. connected together.) Notes on my box recommend gas mix of 25:1.

Denny