Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Oil to gas ratio

agreed, hence I don't subscribe to the dropping oil ratio's club.

I go with the ratio's the ENGINE Manufacturer recommends.
    The oil manufacturer will also have a range but even the Shell Advance Ultra 2 I am using can be reduced to 100:1, I don't because, Mintor, MVVS and DLE says minimum 50:1.
    The 40:1 covers most engine manufacturers recommendations so I only  need one can of petrol, not many. The Advance would prefer 50:1 ratio to reduce the sticky residue that exits the tailpipe but its easily cleaned off with a spot of petrol on a rag. No need for a spearate cleaner either. I just use my fuel mix.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, Amsoil works. I competed in IMAC with 2 DA-150's for 3 years on Amsoil 100:1 mixed at 100:1. My 10+ year old backpack blower gets 100:1. My 1983 Force 85hp outboard used it too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MartyH

No, Amsoil works. I competed in IMAC with 2 DA-150's for 3 years on Amsoil 100:1 mixed at 100:1. My 10+ year old backpack blower gets 100:1. My 1983 Force 85hp outboard used it too.

+1
    Is being a Circle Flyer a bad thing?
    Rex Birkinbine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My 4 year old and extensively used (and abused) DL 50 was broke in with Motul 800, synthetic at 30:1 (around 135 cc of oil for 4000 cc of gas) and have been treated to the same oil and ratio ever since. 87 octane gas and just one NGK CM6 replacement is all it took. Knocking on wood but this mature engine still turns over 7100 rpm a 22 B Vess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123