Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCGF 40CC TWIN

I'm looking at getting this motor for a winter project and was wondering if anyone has one and how do you like it??
    Thanks for any feed back..
    http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=F3693949&pid=F3693948
    Jimbo
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #92

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCGF 40CC TWIN

A club member has one and it runs great!

Paul
    Gosh, model airplanes are not a matter of life and death - they are more important than that!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

I'm looking at getting this motor for a winter project and was wondering if anyone has one and how do you like it??
    Thanks for any feed back..
    http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=F3693949&pid=F3693948
    Jimbo
    Jim,

It seems a bit heavy at 52 ozs. But if your model needs nose weight, it's one good way to get it. And the twin will vibrate less than a single in this size range. Is it going into a warbird? Warbirds tend to be notoriously tail heavy

A friend has their 32 cc single and it looks nice, well built. He hasn't run it yet so I can't attest to its power band
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCPAUL

A club member has one and it runs great!

Paul
    Good to here.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Matt,
    I'm looking at a 80" seagull Nemesis and trying to figure out what motor to put up front... The twin would look real cool even if I have to expose the heads out the sides.. I am going to pick up the plane next week and do so measuring to see how it will work..
    I seen a couple vids of them flying with a 30cc and they honked ok, a 40 will be much better for my style...

Jimbo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about longevity/durability? I found one of these in a hobby shop for a good price. I have an early rcgf-20 (23cc) that left a bad taste in my mouth, the newer ones look much better, but are they?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I"ve been loking at the rcgf 50 twin to put into a 1/4 or 1/3 scale L-19 bird dog,it has a rear carb,I like that,so the carb will be inside the fuse one less problem to fool with.has anyone had one of these engines?
    keep your powder dry and pray the creeks dont rise.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have several RCGF engine's myself and they all run great. The oldest is a 26cc at two year's with many gallon's ran thru it. It still run's as good as the day I first started it. So does the other's. I also have several I have set up for guy's at the airfield that have started using them. From all of these, which range from the 15cc beam mount all the way up to the 60cc twin, I have not seen any issues other than owner induced.
    I would also like to add BP Hobbies has been outstanding with customer support. None of those support issues were manufacturing issue's. Like I said above owner induced issue's. And a cuople of time's BP sent replacement part's free of charge. Can't beat that.
      So for those on the fence give one a go, you'll like it.
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And, NO! I am not in any way affiliated with these engine's or BP Hobbies. Just don't mind sharing when someplace/ someonetreat's me well.
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds good, but like I aid, I found one at a good price, and it's not from BP, approx 90 bucks cheaper! also there would be no warrenty from the LHS. So it's a roll of the dice. The 40 twin is NIB.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nothing wrong with that Sky. I'd buy as well. Just giving my opinion on the engine and a reliable dealer.
    By the way if you happen to need anything for it BP will help you out. It's a good chance it came thru them anyway.
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a RCGF 26cc which I bought in 2009 from RCAero. The engine has been trouble free. I am thinking of buying a 32 cc RCGF or a DLE 30. There were a lot of bad reports on RCGF but my experience with the engine was 100% positive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a beam mount 20 and one of the early generation RCGF/Aerovate 26's. Couldn't be any happier with them, they've given me no reason not to consider another RCG/RCGF. That said, I'm trying to hold off buying any more engines that are not rear exhaust? This twin looks like a sweet heart to me - if it were only equipped with angled plugs to allow it to fit within more cowls? If I had one I'd be tempted to install adapters to use the 1/4" spark plugs?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AHICKS;I agree with the angled plugs.it would keep the caps off the cowls so not to butcher a bunch of holes and destroy the scale looks.and I never thought about the 1/4" plugs.thanks for that idea.that 40 twin will be ideal for the 120" BirdDog.
    keep your powder dry and pray the creeks dont rise.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am new to scale aircraft, I’m about to buy an EMS T-28 Trojan 80”. I am looking at putting a RCGF 45 Twin in it this in its self will a hand full but a lot of fun

I suffer with Rheumatoid Arthritis and find starting difficult dose anyone in this discussion know if the EME Electric Starter I see it will fit some motors will it fit the RCGF 45 twin

http://www.sdshobby.com/electric-starter-for-eme55-eme55ii-eme60-two-stroke-gasoline-engine-p-11462.html

John