Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

info required help to decide on a new 50cc gas engine

Hello folks
    Does any one have any info about the Turnigy 50CC gas engines or any info on that brand at all . I am trying to decide on what engine to buy to upgrade My giant P39 from the Syssa 30cc to a 45-50cc Please keep in mind that i am on a very small budget and this Turnigy engine sells for $239.00usd
    Thank you.

Turnigy HP50 50cc Gas Engine 5.5HP

>

Earmarked in China as the DL50-Killer. The Turnigy HP-50 has shamelessly borrowed porting and head design from the DL and combined it with a CNC machined billet alloy crank-case to produce a powerful, lightweight and reliable engine.

HP-50 Spec.
    CDI Electronic Ignition with auto advance
    Walbro Carburettor
    Performance: 5.5hp
    RPM: 1200-10000rpm
    Idle: 1200rpm
    Thrust: 13.6kg @ 100mtr / 11.5kg @ 1800mtr (Above sea level)
    Suggested prop: 20x8-10 ~ 22x8-10 or more!
    Spark Plug: CM-6
    Bore/Stroke: 43 x 35mm
    Compression: 7.5:1
    Weight: 1380g
    Fuel: 2 Stroke oil/fuel mix (30:1 - 45:1)
    Walbro membrane pump carburetor with manual choke!
    Automatic advancing electronic ignition!

For more power, use unleaded fuel with an octane rating of 98.
    Never power the CDI with more than 6v. Doing so will break the CDI module. Take note of your battery packs true voltage when fully charged.

PRODUCT ID: HP-50

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: info required help to decide on a new 50cc gas engine

this is a rotary valve engine,they can be hard starting,that is all i know about this one.
    the DM55 i do know of one that is running very well, the guy likes it ,no problems yet,it has a reed block like most other two stroke engines have today,no rotary valve. just keep in mind, buying from HK you are on your own when it comes to service. if you can get parts for the DM55 and can do your own repair work,take a chance and buy that one,but i would stear away from the Turnigy50.
    just don't come looking for me with a gun if it doesn't work out!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have also been looking at the RCGF 45cc and i can get spare parts from BPhobbies in the USA for it and i can get that here in canada without having to pay for the exspence of shipping and duties .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Two hundred and thirty nine bucks sure sounds like a great deal just as it did when I bought two of the first ones that they sold about three years ago for a hundred and seventy eight bucks each that I paid.

I installed one in a 50cc sized Yak 54 and it turned out reasonably reliable and a cranky starting engine so you will need a big geared starter running on 18 or 24 volts.

OK so how did it fly and I can only say lathargic at best, you really had to fly that airplane on the Wing. I took a chance, I paid a great price and got a second rate product. Finally ended up trading that airplane off and the owner ended up hanging a G-62 on it.

Now if you want a truly great engine then I beleve the OS GT-55 is that engine. The next engine I tried and agine on a 50cc sized ship an Aeroworks Katana. It most certainly is every thing the Turnigy is not. Makes that airplane sit up and sing. Has never quit. Very easy starting and it even hand starts well. Last time I suggested this engine is indeed a fine engine in this forum I was nearly tar and feathered Because it is OS, and because it is expensive. Well I don,t care its a superb engine and based on my experaiance with it there are six more either flying or nearing flight.

It was such a pleasant experiance for me that I ordered the new OS 33 too, but its not flying yet.

One last note on Turnigy it is unrealistic to ever expect any product support and equally important to understand that any parts would unlikely ever be forth coming for that engine if you needed them.

I was aware of this completey and took the chance so thats what you need to be prepared to accept if you buy those engines.

John
    \"Keep your controllines tight\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wouldn't buy an engine from HK. As stated you will be in trouble if you have a problem right out of the box or even under it's "warranty". Better to deal with a company who will support you in case of trouble.
    There is the JBA 50cc. It's a nice running engine but the performance is closer to a 45cc and this company will stand behind it.
    www.agaperacingandhobby.com/viewitem.php

There's also CRRC engines with their 50I
    www.maxfordusa.com/crrc26ccgasengine-1.aspx

If you can buy the RCGF over there at least you can get parts for it from some other dealers.
    Brian Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can get a DLE 55 from tower for 320.00 dollars with the 50 dollar discount and free shipping. This is the best deal going.
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: airraptor

You can get a DLE 55 from tower for 320.00 dollars with the 50 dollar discount and free shipping. This is the best deal going.
    And the difference in price will quickly evaporate in a string of cuss words when fooling with a cranky engine when your friends are flip and fly.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hate to say it as Im cheap, But stick with the name brand motors nothing from HK except parts and lipos.

Ihave gotten 4 of my 6 DLE motors (2 - 30cc 2 -55cc) used off thissite or RC Groups. My last DLE 55 I paid $250 for with extra prop and pitts muffler. WIth no issues with any.

I got the TYG52 HK motor when I first went gas thinking a gas motor was a gas motor.Well it was such a pain I gave it away. As I had to replace the ignition and carb just to get 40flights on it, and it only made a little more power than a DLE30.

There is nothing wrong with a good used motor, Also BME 50 is another 50cc motor I got of this site for $215 with pitts, little less power than a DLE55 but still worth it.

My fav is currenlty a New DLE55RA and Its got more bit than my othere DLE55.

Good Luck