Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tyor View Post

I have 2 ngh 38cc They have worked excellently for 6 years and have been used extensively. The hoses are connected equally on both motors and have never been a problem.
Top nipple on manifold on to top nipple on back plate and lower to lower.
​​​​​​
Old 06-13-2019, 04:34 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't think it matters really. There is not enough oil in those lines to cause any issues.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 AM
EFHANC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are you guys running the stock timing , if not what do you have it set at, also your oil ratio preference , thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 07:59 AM
cathurga

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Haha Tyor....I see you couldnt resist the opportunity to open it up and have a look! :-)

Ok so from that pic, it looks like the lower nipple on the manifold opens up to the carb pump, but it also looks like it goes through to the manifold as well. Maybe thats how they are getting the reciprocating suck/blow action on the diaphragm. Very cool that it works because yes, the Saito gassers are converted glow engines and as such, dont get the same lube. Hence the high oil ratio.

Thanks for making the commitment to open it up and show use. I like the design and think that if the materials are of a good enough quality, it will make a more reliable runner than the Saito's.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh I wouldn't say the saitos aren't unreliable running engines. I have an FG-11 that runs great, have 20 hours on it, had to do a valve adjustment and change the plug as it ran a little burbling at top end, but runs great after that. My problem is it takes so long to run fuel through it that I can't use gallons used for run time! I used 2 gallons, if that! It will fly for an hour on 12 ounces of fuel.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:17 PM
tyor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by cathurga View Post
Haha Tyor....I see you couldnt resist the opportunity to open it up and have a look! :-)

Ok so from that pic, it looks like the lower nipple on the manifold opens up to the carb pump, but it also looks like it goes through to the manifold as well. Maybe thats how they are getting the reciprocating suck/blow action on the diaphragm. Very cool that it works because yes, the Saito gassers are converted glow engines and as such, dont get the same lube. Hence the high oil ratio.

Thanks for making the commitment to open it up and show use. I like the design and think that if the materials are of a good enough quality, it will make a more reliable runner than the Saito's.
I had open it before so I know how it was. just to show you The lower nipple is not going inn to the manifold only to the hole for the carb pump.

I think saito is just as reliable as ngh. I have one fg84r3 have had 2 fg19r3 in a 2 engine plane. And I have 2 fg14, all of them working with no roblem. running on 25:1 oil ratio
Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 AM
EFHANC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Could you guys take a look at the NGH GF30 plumbing and tell us what is going on there ? It's definitely different compared to the 8cc larger NGH GF38 . What's up ?
Old 06-14-2019, 10:14 AM
DaveHickey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The NGH GF-30 has the same ring chamber surrounding the intake manifold below the carb to allow a connection to the crank case to allow pressure pulses to operate the fuel pump tho the hose for that is connected to the case at s different point. I don't recall whether the case is vented to take off blowby oil or not. Same system, different implementation. D.H.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:19 PM
EFHANC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Found the flying giants thread on the GF30 breather , s737500 posted the photo with a factory drilled hole in the rocker box , wonder if it works.