Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

NGH 38CC 4 stroke

Old 07-20-2014, 12:31 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strewth a POMMIE ( note the capitals ) with a sense of humor . Who would have thought of such a thing . My daughter was in England 2 weeks ago for a week before going on a European bus tour of filth , debortuary and drunken stupidity . Oh how proud she makes me feel !! ( only joking , she is such a sweet 23yr old that has never given us a lick of trouble ) Should have got her to get me a laser but the chances of that would be slim indeed , to busy seeing the sites .If they were that cheap compared to the usual stuff here I would have a couple for sure . I have to agree with the ease of use with the OS and saitos , I have a big soft spot for 4 strokes but you cant beat the power of the 2 strokes . I also agree ( whats going on ? i've never agreed with someone here on RCU so much in my life ) with your view on the teething issues withe the NGH and with the troubles of their 9cc engine they would need to lift the quality control a bit but judging on their track record I think they would sooner move on and pump out another offering . Cheers from your convict buddy the pope
PS just had another look on the laser website and there not too badly priced , A little bit dearer but with postage who knows . Must keep my hands in my pockets though . Just swore to myself no more spendy for awhile ( yeh right )

Last edited by the pope; 07-20-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:54 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by 3136
+1 have you looked at the gas OS GF40? You can buy one from your local retailer, they actually have an effective muffler and you can get it serviced/warranty issues fixed locally.
HA ha ha ha ha try that with hobbyking!
Hi there 3136 , I had a serious look at one after looking originally at the Roto 35 4 stroke . Decided against that one ( the roto ) after a bit of research with people saying it was a underpowered overweight turd . Then I read of the issue with the OS 40 with someone having rocker probs so I ended up with a roto 35 2 stroke . Was going to wait for the DA 35 but couldnt wait . The only hobbyking engines I have is the 91 asp 4 stroke ( good engine so far ) 52 2stroke currently unemployed and a asp 32 still in the box but a flying bud has one and its a goer . I actually got a refund from HK after there new glow igniter turned out to be a dud . Felt like King of the world , hows that for serviced/warranty issues fixed globally ? Just got some HK stuff including their wing bags , fantastic quality for bugger all $ Cheers the pope

Last edited by the pope; 07-20-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by the pope
Then I read of the issue with the OS 40 with someone having rocker probs so I ended up with a roto 35 2 stroke .
Someone!!! really!!! you got put off by one person on the internet saying there was a problem!!! Just 1 person???
Did you possibly think it may be fiction? I recall that person was offered a brand new engine but didn't take it. WHY????

BTW sorry to go off topic on the NGH thread
Old 07-20-2014, 02:06 AM
lean-run

Hi to the pope. Yes I have had faulty/missing part issues sorted promptly.(yes and a dud glow-igniter!). Only found the wing-bags on Oz w/h last nite, on the way now.

Anyhow not getting off-topic too much, I did get an NGH 38cc last year, as yet un-run. Just been learning gas set-ups with 2-strokes, about time to give it a burl.

Just need to buy/build something big enough for it. I guess anything that recommends 30cc 2-stroke would be suitable.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:06 AM
the pope

Someone!!! really!!! you got put off by one person on the internet saying there was a problem!!! Just 1 person???
Did you possibly think it may be fiction? I recall that person was offered a brand new engine but didn't take it. WHY????

BTW sorry to go off topic on the NGH thread
Um ur yeh one person .The way you put it I feel like a right ol twat ! Anyway you mean all thats on the internet isnt always true ? What the hell is this world coming to ? Oh well just think how much $ I saved . Anyway with my luck it would have been 2 people world wide . I just cant live with them odds . Cheers
Oh yeh back on topic , those wingbags are the ducks guts !

Last edited by the pope; 07-20-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:15 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by lean-run
Hi to the pope. Yes I have had faulty/missing part issues sorted promptly.(yes and a dud glow-igniter!). Only found the wing-bags on Oz w/h last nite, on the way now.

Anyhow not getting off-topic too much, I did get an NGH 38cc last year, as yet un-run. Just been learning gas set-ups with 2-strokes, about time to give it a burl.

Just need to buy/build something big enough for it. I guess anything that recommends 30cc 2-stroke would be suitable.
When I first got the glow igniter i powered it with a 2cell LiFe battery and it worked ok but then I went with a 4 cell lipo and kaput .Maybe it cant cope with the large voltage even though it supposed to . I use a similar prolux one and thats been ok so far What was your experience with the HK one? Cheers
Old 07-20-2014, 05:43 AM
lean-run

Mine was just the glo-stik that holds AA batt. Got 2 and one faulty. Can't wait for the wing bags, can't believe how cheap. $$ saved will go toward plane for NGH38.
(one bag big enough for 30cc wings).

p.s. LiFe batts. seem to more user friendly. I use them for all Rx packs and ignitions and just put one in Tx.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:49 PM
the pope

This is the one I got . Good idea if it works !
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=42607
When the wing bags arrive you'll be on the web getting more . For anyone else thats needs them there pretty good .Im a fan of the LiFe batteries as well as long as the servos can handle them .
Cheers the pope

Last edited by the pope; 07-20-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:15 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

So I went and looked at the site, AND at 500usd plus shipping..... NO THANKS and ITS GLO! Again.. NO THANKS! Not being a jerk, but no way will I pay that for a glo engine! I would just get 4 30cc gas engines.....
Also.. Here in the USA, you ALWAYS have to adjust glo motors due to all the weather changes. Its really bad here in central USA......
Again... please, don't take it wrong as I am not trying to be a jerk...

CHEERS!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 PM
the pope

Theres no jerks here just people who are misunderstood . Believe me I've been misunderstood a lot but then again I am a jerk . Cheers the pope
Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
So I went and looked at the site, AND at 500usd plus shipping..... NO THANKS and ITS GLO! Again.. NO THANKS! Not being a jerk, but no way will I pay that for a glo engine! I would just get 4 30cc gas engines.....
Also.. Here in the USA, you ALWAYS have to adjust glo motors due to all the weather changes. Its really bad here in central USA......
Again... please, don't take it wrong as I am not trying to be a jerk...

CHEERS!
Have a look at the OS http://www.worldhobbies.com/product/39400_item.html
A lot dearer but way better quality and if you consider that you will have to get an aftermarket muffler for the NGH it is really not that much dearer.
Too much? Well big models like that cost a lot, get used to it or get used to crashing.
BTW the connie in the background had those fitted to it.
I hope you aren't going to put $5 servos in it as well!!
Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 AM
KREAMKARTER
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Guy's
Has anyone set up a twin with these motors? I have a couple of kits needing some good motor's, P-61 Blackwidow, P-38 lightning and an F-7f Tigercat,
all about 80" w/s. They were going to get OS 120fs but these motors sound like they might be better in the long run. The P-61 and the F-7f both have big cowls so the motors should fit nicely.
Cheers
Tim
Old 07-21-2014, 07:49 AM
gjhinshaw

Mark, YOU are SO WRONG!!! You do NOT have to buy the high priced parts to put in a big plane!! Most of the time you are just paying for the NAME! I have been in this hobby for a very long time and I only fly GIANT SCALE Models.... You have to find parts that fit YOUR needs, NOT everyone else's! I have seen people go buy 200$ servos and they are DEAD out of the box! Same with motors, DEAD out of the box! LOL.... I do NOT always crash! If I crash it may be my fault or ???? Who knows.....
Are YOU saying YOU don't crash because you buy the high priced parts???? Yes or No.... I have some 5 dollar servos in some of my planes and they are just as good as your 200$ servo!!!! I always go threw everything before I fly, that's just common sense...... We can on and on about this.... But, There is NO reason to as you have your way and I have mine! You don't know me, or how I fly, what I use, or anything, and I don't know you.... So to each there own!

Have a look at the OS http://www.worldhobbies.com/product/39400_item.html
A lot dearer but way better quality and if you consider that you will have to get an aftermarket muffler for the NGH it is really not that much dearer.
Too much? Well big models like that cost a lot, get used to it or get used to crashing.
BTW the connie in the background had those fitted to it.
I hope you aren't going to put $5 servos in it as well!!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Mikola

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some 5 dollar servos in some of my planes and they are just as good as your 200$ servo!!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

So after a lot of peaking and tweaking I have got this engine to run as good as I can. Can you guys that have mounted and flown with this engine check out the video and tell me if the amount of vibration is not too bad to install this into a plane without a disaster.
Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/88JDgtFkuUo

Last edited by Basil Yousif; 07-22-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:11 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys settle down and quit bickering or I'll take out the posts pointing at others.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM

Hey gjhinshaw, I was merely trying to offer you a better quality alternative, didn't mean to get you worked up.

Back to the NGH38 now guys.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[Q
Mark, YOU are SO WRONG!!! I have some 5 dollar servos in some of my planes and they are just as good as your 200$ servo!!!!
Originally Posted by Mikola
And a YUGO was just as god as a Mercedes!

Want to buy one cheap?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:13 AM
gjhinshaw

Picture removed by Mderator
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	50-cent-driving-gif.gif
Views:	401
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2016334   Click image for larger version

Name:	images32Y2TRE4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	2016335  

Last edited by w8ye; 07-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Basil Yousif

I have been working with the NGH 38cc Four stroke gasoline engine for two months now after a lot of peaking and tweaking to get rid of a lot of vibration. When I first started the engine would have flown a separate direction from the plane there was so much vibration.
I have got this engine to run as good as I can. Can you guys that have mounted and flown with this engine check out the video and tell me if the amount of vibration is not too bad to install this into a plane without a disaster.
Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/88JDgtFkuUo
Old 07-22-2014, 01:05 PM
PARDAL

Mr. Moderator, I would like to see usefull info on NGH 38cc.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Basil Yousif

I tried to start a new thread on the NGH 38cc engine vibration problem and it threw the post back in here. Glitchy!!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be afraid to stand around some of you guys with your flimsy test stands. A 38cc four stroke has some strong impulses

This one is bad enough. There's just not enough meat in a Work Mate held with clothes line from turning over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiSpIg8pz0

Last edited by w8ye; 07-22-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:57 PM
gjhinshaw

There may be issues with the engine, BUT as I watch the video's I see EVERYONE turning back and forth the needle settings.. This is NOT a GLOW motor!!! But yet almost EVERYONE treats a gas motor the same as a glow!!
THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH MOST OF THE ISSUES PEOPLE ARE HAVING!!! IT'S THEM!!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Heli-NuBee

Hey guys, I am nearing completion of my CMP BF-109 that will be powered by an NGH-GF-38 engine. I previously had an NGH 15 CC engine with very good results. There was a lot of negative info posted about the 15 CC engine as well but my experience was quite good. Maybe I was just lucky but I am not going to worry about the 38 until I try it myself. I will post pictures and info about my experience with this plane and engine combination in the near future.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (AKA Roger the radial rabbit)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.