Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Evolution 10cc gas engine

Pete,

I'm going with the factory muffler.i'm not satisfied with the pitts..i'm sure it would be fine but,the muffler yall designed seems so much better..all ive got to do is notch a small spot on fusalage corner where the very end of the muffler won't hit on bottom side of firewall..cowl will cover it up anyway..just put a liitle angle notch and glue it back..about half way done with getting it together.hopefully maiden flight when weather permits probably week or so...

Craig....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds great. We have used that same solution a lot when testing on different airframes. Send pictures when you're done!

Pete
    Pete Bergstrom
    Saito, Evolution & Zenoah Manager

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yall hit the settings on the carb..once the engine gets temp up she is really great...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pete,

the filter in tank, will i have any problem on inverted flight,cause right now the line is still a little stiff...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: josephcraig

Pete,

the filter in tank, will i have any problem on inverted flight,cause right now the line is still a little stiff...
    Joseph,

We have had no issues with the tubing being too stiff when we were testing. We used mostly 8 oz tanks and would suck the tank dry in all attitudes. Our test with a six ounce tank worked fine as well.

Pete

Pete Bergstrom
    Saito, Evolution & Zenoah Manager

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have more than 10 flights so far, with an apc12*8, everything is great except it is still making a lot of black goo,  what is the problem? i believe that I have the neeedles adjusted pretty correct  for this prop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kentli22

I have more than 10 flights so far, with an apc12*8, everything is great except it is still making a lot of black goo, *what is the problem? i believe that I have the neeedles adjusted pretty correct *for this prop.
    The infamous "black goo" will eventually subside to a managable level. I am on my 2d gallon of gas and now using Klotz synthetic oil and the "goo level" is MUCH better.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is there any black muffler from Macs that fits on this engine (and works well, of course)?

Thanks in advance,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Beavis

Is there any black muffler from Macs that fits on this engine (and works well, of course)?

Thanks in advance,
    I am using the black MACs muffler that is designed for the OS 55AX. It is an exact fit and it works fairly well, with a 200-300 RPM increase over the stock muffler (in my case anyway). It softens the noise some, but mainly it is one piece and there is nothing to vibrate loose or fall off.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use that same muffler with my OS 55
    If you think you can or think you can\'\'\'\'t, you\'\'\'\'re right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave,

what kind of rpms you getting with 12 x 6..is that your preferred blade...i ordered the evo blades i like the looks of them and think they should be just as good as apc...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just spoke with AL@ JTEC mufflers. He is making 2 wrap around pitts for me, for my b-25. The engines will be inverted, so if anyone has any questions you could call him. He has my 10cc mounted on a set of rails for measurements. It will be there all of next week.
    jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: josephcraig

Dave,

what kind of rpms you getting with 12 x 6..is that your preferred blade...i ordered the evo blades i like the looks of them and think they should be just as good as apc...
    If I remember correctly, I am getting 11400+/- on the ground and 12800-13200 in the air.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi flat spin on your black macs muffler is your muffler for the os 55ax a bolt through or a bolt on.the muffler on my engine keeps turning no matter what i do and its making the goo much worser on the plane.i would like to try the single one piese from macs if its not going to affect the tunning of the engine and contain the goo some to some extent.thanks for your info

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i did get the bottom notched out for the muffler..the pitts would probably perform just as good ,but i like the factory muffler for sound and response.weather here has been crappy and i was sick a couple of days this past week..hope to close everything up this next week and see what it'll do.. i never get in a hurry to put one together cause i want to make sure everything is right..hope everybody is doing well with engine..i did order the evo blades and gonna try them ..i wish they made a 12 x 5, cause i like the 5 pitch..soon as i'm finished i'll take pictures,hopefully they won't be the last pictures...jimmy and pete, see if you can have some input on 12 x 5 evo blades....thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyingninja

hi flat spin on your black macs muffler is your muffler for the os 55ax a bolt through or a bolt on.the muffler on my engine keeps turning no matter what i do and its making the goo much worser on the plane.i would like to try the single one piese from macs if its not going to affect the tunning of the engine and contain the goo some to some extent.thanks for your info
    The MACs is a bolt thru muffler. I used red RTV on the original muffler body parts to seal it and a small o-ring on the bolt that goes through the muffler. That kept it from leaking from the middle of the body. I got the o-ring at the local auto parts store.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just got back from the field took the evo 10  up on my matt chapmen eagle 580  used the 10x6 prop for first flight wow took a bit to get off the ground  everyone was impressed  Jearad who flys hellis  for horrizon took up the 580 an thought i was empressive with out a sag  the black goow was just all over the left side of the plane  im going to try some dish washing soap to get it off they couldn't believe  that you have to run it at high rpm for break in all was such a perfect day at dennein field the wind was even running strait down the run way so as to have no cross winds  put 32 ozs through engine now im going to step up a prop  ill have post of the bird on u tube at chandley43231 great motor horizon good job man
    CORSAIR BROTHERHOOD #85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so for the black goo that is talked about has anyone found the best way to keep it from producing it. or is it just a trade mark of this engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hoss22193

so for the black goo that is talked about has anyone found the best way to keep it from producing it. or is it just a trade mark of this engine.
    Engine run time is the solution. Except for the fisrt several minutes setting up the needles and minor pit time associated with each flight, all of my engine run time is in the air. After the first 1/2-2/3 gallon, I noticed the amount of goo produced getting smaller and smaller. I have several flights from of my second gallon of gas and it is quite manageable now. That and I switched from Pennzoil air cooled 2C oil at 20:1 to Klotz synthetic oil at 25:1. It cleans up easily with a 409/ammonia solution or Clorox wet wipes.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this thread is half dead, why don't you post more videos ? didn't it get success ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used Krud cutter from lowes and Home Depots  it works with a little elbo  this motor will be great on my b-25
    CORSAIR BROTHERHOOD #85

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mikola

this thread is half dead, why don't you post more videos ? didn't it get success ?
    Sorry... having too much fun flying it to mess with videos.

I've got twenty some odd flights on mine and still have abt 1/3 gal of gas left in the can. Fuel cost are going to be around 15 cents per flight. No dead sticks yet. Easy hand starting. No glow starter or field box support needed. Cleans up with a single Clorox wipe so no roll of towels and spray bottle needed.

It will hover a 5.7lb plane at half throttle. It can be propped for fast or not as fast and thus will serve a wide variety of air frames. Video isn't needed to show success... take users at their word... it is a good engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just bought one of these based off of the "rave" reviews that its been getting . Its going to start out life going into a phaeton II, and then when my GP RV-4 .40 sized is done it will go into that. Can't wait!
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood #103
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #148

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my plane is gonna be a pound heavier than that..it should fly it pretty well then..don't you think?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heck yea my gp  Chapman 580 eagle is just over 7 pounds its fly's great even with 10x6 starting on it  just moved the prop up to a 12x6 first nice weather ill be at the field again running the heck put of it

CORSAIR BROTHERHOOD #85

Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast