Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE Backorder at Tower

Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
roknHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE Backorder at Tower

Tower has now backordered the rear exhaust DLE's 3 times since the first of December...........I thought they were the big fish distributor..........Don't they get served first? Or do they have some agreement to supply dealers first?
The engines were scheduled in Mid December...........then it was Mid January.........now it's Mid February. I know all about Chinese New Year.......didn't think it lasted 3 months.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Default RE: DLE Backorder at Tower

I thought your meant mufflers, so I deleted my answer.

Try Valley View For DLE and there is a third distributor, but I can remeber who.

Chris923
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Jej34
My Feedback: (1)

Hobbyking just got an order of rcg 50's in the USA warehouse. Might want to think about that.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

To ever get one from Tower, you are going to need to order one to get on the list. Otherwise, they will never be in stock for a while because of demand. The back order take up all the in stock inventory.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Troy Built Models is the 3rd distributor.

There is a fourth individual listed in the USA but I don't know just how much he is a part of the picture?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Checklst

Popular engine.....DLE sure got caught off guard about demand. If your like me and have a 50.00 dollar coupon I would just get in line and wait..........that coupon makes for a vary good price....I'm sure that discount has something to do with Towers inventory problem.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree...the super saver at TH was worth it this year. I got my DLE35RA after being back ordered. They were supposed to come in in Dec but I got mine sooner than promised. Saved the 50 bucks too.

Later in Dec I think TH ran a 60$ off for their Super Saver customers and I got another OS GT33. 360$ for the OS was a steal if you ask me. Not bad for a 10$ investment which results in free shipping for everything from TH.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 AM
roknHS

I am in line already.............ordered a 35 and a 55RA the first week of December, that was when Mid December was the in-stock date...........then it went to January..........now February...........can't hardly wait till March.........by April I might have winter killed if we have a late spring.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 AM
Checklst

ORIGINAL: roknHS

I am in line already.............ordered a 35 and a 55RA the first week of December, that was when Mid December was the in-stock date...........then it went to January..........now February...........can't hardly wait till March.........by April I might have winter killed if we have a late spring.

Yaks!!!!! man thats a killer wait..............nothing like getting a fresh motor bolted to a new plane to get the juices flowing and motivation to finish the model. Until the engine is mounted I can't make the push to get her done......I feel you pain.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

Sitting in line as well and used the $60 coupon. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I've got many projects in the hangar that need my attention so I just move onto the next one until it comes in.

Was also sitting in line for a couple DLE 20's but those shipped yesterday.

Dave
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Valley View RC....they may have the DLE you want. Capt,n
Old 01-10-2013, 01:58 PM
roknHS

I'll tell you a story about Tom at Valley View........Once upon a time his web site said it would match any other dealer's price.....so, I decided to start using Valley View more. I needed a DLE 30 for a project so I called Valley View and Tom picked up the phone, I told him what I needed and he quoted me a price much higher than I could get at Tower. I reminded him that he advertised he would meet other dealer's pricing so, he discounted the motor some but, he didn't meet the Tower price. It was close enough and I wanted to do some business with Valley View because Jody was doing so much to help guys on the engine forums so, I told him the difference wasn't a deal breaker and to send me the motor. While he was doing the paperwork on his end, I told him he might want to think about changing that line on the web page that said he would match any other dealer's price................he blew his stack, told me I was trying to tell him how to run his business and then he hung up on me...........and it wasn't a click...........it was a slam.
Now some of you will say that I'm leaving out the part where I was being an ass hole or disrespectful or in general I deserved to be hung up on...............GOD as my witness, it happened just that way. I don't know if he was just having a bad day or I was the 101st guy to call and ask him to match the Tower price...........I will admit I asked him to match Tower..........because his web site said I should ask. Anyhow, I don't do much with Valley View because of that experience. I don't even know if he took my advice and changed the statement on his web site..........I never went back.
So, my DLE purchases are from Tower now. I'll let you Valley View fans keep food on Tom's plate..........I've never been treated bad by Tower so, guess I'll just stand in line and wait for them to send me a motor $60 bucks cheaper and no freight.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Tone Price

Troy Built Models has the DLE-35RA in stock right now. We price match but do not include our free items when we do match prices for obvious reasons. Warranty would still be at 2 years as well as free shipping would be included if that's also what Tower does.

DLE is very strict about their pricing. We will need PROOF of any discount you are receiving from Tower for your purchase.

Please give Bill a call at 941-342-8685 if you do not want to wait for your engine. Mention this thread. We have the best turn around time in the industry also for engine repair if you happen to need it.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/DLE35RENGINE.html

The rest are in stock as well aside from the DLE-85 for the time being: http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/categ...s-Engines.html
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 AM
roknHS

Thanks Tone,

I called Bill and he took care of me. I had a 55 and a 35 rear exhaust backordered at Tower. You guys have a good supply of both so, I should be in engine heaven by next week.
Getting both those rear exhaust engines on the way really helps me out. Thanks so much for the heads up. Bill was excellant..........what a nice guy.

For the others waiting on a backorder from Tower....why wait..........give Bill a call at TBM. Very nice people to work with.