Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: A little gasoline Info on those gas engines

i forgot to mention that i remove the alky from my car gas with a e z trick. i put a gallon or two of water in a 5 gal jug. the 3 gal of gas and let it sit for a few days then carfully pour of the gas. the alchohol will be in the water and not in the gas. works great....remember to mix the oil in after you seperate it,,,,not before.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fred985

i forgot to mention that i remove the alky from my car gas with a e z trick. i put a gallon or two of water in a 5 gal jug. the 3 gal of gas and let it sit for a few days then carfully pour of the gas. the alchohol will be in the water and not in the gas. works great....remember to mix the oil in after you seperate it,,,,not before.
    You must have way too much free time on your hands ..... or you don't burn very much car gas?! Be careful YOU don't go up in flames one day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

110 definitely runs worse....but I had some on hand and wanted to see for myself. I won't do it again. It's a waste...

1!!WHATEVER IT TAKES!!1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Really, I believe all the advantages you're finding with 100 LL is more due to the fact it has no alcohol, rather than the octane. As some small proof, some time ago I was out in TN working. The town I lived in had a farm co-op that sold non-ethanol gasoline at the pump. I had my motorcycle with me, air cooled, four stroke, fuel injected. I filled it up at that gas station, and noticed an almost immediate improvement in idling. Just, well, smoother. Gas mileage went up as well, not drastically, just three or four miles per gallon better.
    And as another aside, I have experience with small, four stroke single cylinder engines that were being run on 100ll. Those engines were run under heavy load at relatively low rpm's, which contributed, but the simple fact was that we wound up removing the head and scraping lead deposits off the valves at very low operating hours. Spark plugs also wound up with deposits. Again, because those engines ran under heavy load and low rpm, that contributed to the buildups, but it was still dramatic compared to other small 4 stroke engines I've run on pump gas.
    Not to mention, as has been mentioned before, lead is VERY toxic, especially when it's been heated and mixed with exhaust gas. My .02$ is to find somewhere you can get ethanol free gasoline and use that.
    In God I trust.
    All others pay cash.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All,

Has anyone tried using 4 gallons of av gas and mix a gallon of coleman fuel to get the octane down to where they require it and if so how where the results?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12