Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Anybody have info on " OS GT 22 " ?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Anybody have info on " OS GT 22 " ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody have info on " OS GT 22 " ?

Already have a Revolver 70 running a DLE-20. But also have another Revolver 70 sitting in the box and looks like it will be my next assembly, of which I have considered putting another DLE-20 in it for power. I also have another Revolver 70 that I have been flying for a couple of years now and that is powered by a Saito .91 .

Then I eyed the " OS GT 22 " and thought that this would be a good engine for the Revolver. Only problem is, I can find no info on this engine as in regards to anybody running them and reports on their reliability and performance.

I think one of the problems is that the OS lists for $409.00, while the DLE-20 can be had for about $250.00 and an XYZ-20 can be bought for $189.00.

Putting price aside, is anybody running the OS and if so, your opinions ?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Anybody have info on

During most of the time the 22 has been available it has been winter in a large part of this country so not too many reports yet. The reports I have read scattered around the web have been quite positive though. And the good part, very few negative reports. FWIW

While the OS gassers are expensive, at least they come with a usable muffler that actually quiets the exhaust note .... quite unlike the Chinese exhaust diverters they call mufflers. That and coupled with the discounts you can get from an outlet such as Tower, their overall cost is competitive. Parts prices are still out of sight though.

I like my DLE engines very much but am strongly considering one of the OS engines for my next project.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 AM
Granpooba

ORIGINAL: Truckracer

During most of the time the 22 has been available it has been winter in a large part of this country so not too many reports yet. The reports I have read scattered around the web have been quite positive though. And the good part, very few negative reports. FWIW

While the OS gassers are expensive, at least they come with a usable muffler that actually quiets the exhaust note .... quite unlike the Chinese exhaust diverters they call mufflers. That and coupled with the discounts you can get from an outlet such as Tower, their overall cost is competitive. Parts prices are still out of sight though.

I like my DLE engines very much but am strongly considering one of the OS engines for my next project.
Thank you Truckracer, yours is just the kind of input that I have been looking for. Considering the OS brand, the muffler and the quality associated with it, I still am considering the OS 22 for my next engine.

I am happy that you mentioned the muffler that comes with the OS for as we know that if you were to buy such a muffler for other brands, you would be looking at an additional fifty to sixty bucks.

What puzzles me though is your mention of it being winter. Don't they know of the OS GT 22 down South ? Or is it that they just are to busy tending to their stills ?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Granpooba

Could not pass it up, so I just ordered an OS GT 22, from Tower Hobbies.

They had the price reduced from $409.00 down to $379.98. Plus, on top of that I was able to use an additional $45.00 Promotional Discount.

With the price reduction and the promotional discount, it almost brought the price in line with other gas engines. Mind you I say, almost !

But now at least I will have the engine that I have been considering for months now.

Yes, it will be going into another Revolver 70. Bringing the total to four as follows:

Revolver 70 powered by Saito .91
Revolver 70 powered by DLE-20
Revolver 59 powered by OS .55AX
And finally, Revolver 70 powered by OS GT 22