Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

New Mintor

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM
huffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mintor

Anyone on RCU confirm if New Mintor in Italy is still trading?
Old 03-09-2013, 03:42 PM
the pope

Default RE: New Mintor

I sure hope so , I just sent 2x22cc back to the aussie distributers for possible warrenty work . That was on the 20th March and as yet havent heard back . From what Ive heard whether true or not is that the new ownership isnt that keen to deal with the older engines with regard to warrenty parts etc. I sure hope I get mine back , they cant be doing themselves any favours if there still in bussiness with the bad press thats starting to mount . Let me know how you get on . Cheers the pope
Old 03-09-2013, 05:17 PM
huffy

Hi pope,
I got an email from "new mintor" on the 27th Feb saying that parts will be "expedited" to the oz dealer. When I last checked with Shane he said nothing had turned up. So I replyed to the mintor email to find out if parts had been sent (4 days ago) the email bounced back with the cant be delivered message. I have tried to resend it several times with the same reply. It seems like they have pulled the plug.
With your motors and the others that I know off that's 6 that need parts or replacement in Australia.
If any RCU members around the world can chime in with an update of what the factory is doing it will be helpful.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
huffy

Just got news from the South African dealer, New Mintor is still alive.
He has been sent parts. They are very slow on the communication side of things .
We might get our engines fixed.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
the pope

Hi there Huffy thats good news , with my engines one felt like the ring was catching on the exhaust port and the other seemed ok as far as I know but after a few emails with Shane he said to send them both in for a look . I must say that both of mine were unrun and that Shane diddnt hesitate with his offer to have a look at them so that was good to hear . I just hope that the factory can step up . What was wrong with your engine ? Cheers the pope
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM
huffy

Pope,
mine was the batch that had the wrong size cylinder, when new I got 8000rpm on a menzs 17x6 prop then after 5 or 6 tanks dropped to 7500rpm. It was making a loud clinking noise near the end.
I had to use the electric starter as it had lost that much compression.
cheers huffy
Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I think that maybe your engine had an undersized piston and not an oversized cylinder, as talking quite recently to Blaine from Top Dawg Aviation who is the main Mintor dealer in the USA , he told me that all Mintor cylinders are made in house but that some pistons were out sourced to meet the unexpected high demand for the single cylinder engines. Sure hope you get your engine all sorted as the M22 is a real nice running engine.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:05 AM
huffy

Well gents, I wouldn't want to be hanging by my nuts to get my Mintor 22 going again , I just got an email to say it will be at least a week . This is after an email from NEW MINTOR that they sent the parts 3 weeks ago!!!!! . Then they sent another email to say VERY SORRY we had to ask new boss if it was ok to send parts to the dealer , we acknowledg that this has delayed the parts being sent. There words. I am DONE WITH MINTOR,
I have sent all my corespondents to the ACCC, here in Australia , so it my pass that MINTOR may not be allowed to sell its products here in the land of OZ.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
karolh

Sorry to hear that you are hanging up your gloves on your Mintor 22 and wish that I could convince you to hold strain for a while longer as they are such nice running engines when all is well with them, as from all reports it seems as it's just a small number of defective 22 and 60cc units that slipped through under Mintor's QC radar.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM
the pope

If its just a small number why is it so difficult to get them repaired . In my eyes this makes the the whole situation worse not better ! Its time to fess up and tell their customers whether there going to get their engines fixed or not , and if not people can go through the various gov. agencys to get them on the ***** list . The time for chit chat is over !!!!!!!!!!!Cheers the pope
Old 03-22-2013, 06:30 PM
karolh

I can't talk for what happening down under but Top Dawg Aviation the main USA Mintor dealer seems to have a good handle on what's going on with the new Mintor organization and getting warranty repairs done for their customers that received defective engines.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
AGNI 5

You have done the Mintor users great favor mate.They will be ever grateful to you for reportimg to the ACCC. Now how about making representation to the authorities over the "value for your crap that is being dumped in the retail outlets"? by the boat loads. The shoes that last about 6 months when only worn to the flying field.The mom/dad will be truly gratefuland pray for you
Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 AM
huffy

Hi Agni 5,
All the cheap shoes and other "crap" do they offer a 3 YEAR WARRANTY!, I don't think so. By the number of posts and the date you joined RCU, how many mintor engines do you have?( or do you make them)
By the way we spell" Mom","Mum"here in OZ!
Cheers huffy
Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 AM
AGNI 5

TWO,satisfied ?
Old 03-24-2013, 04:37 AM
huffy

Well I hope you don't have to get them repaired. I had a call from Shane from dolphin co to say that mintor did finally send the parts to fix our broken engines, but they are the wrong size. So we hurry up to wait.
Well Mr Agni5 I hope you don't have to wait 3months only to be told that the bits don't fit!
BUT, we are dealing with NEW MINTOR!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 AM
the pope

[quote]ORIGINAL: AGNI 5

Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM
karolh

ORIGINAL: the pope

Hi there Huffy thats good news , with my engines one felt like the ring was catching on the exhaust port and the other seemed ok as far as I know but after a few emails with Shane he said to send them both in for a look . I must say that both of mine were unrun and that Shane diddnt hesitate with his offer to have a look at them so that was good to hear . I just hope that the factory can step up . What was wrong with your engine ? Cheers the pope
What's the latest on the engines you sent to Shane for inspection
Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM
huffy

New mintor sent the wrong size parts, so our engines are still with Shane.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:02 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: karolh

ORIGINAL: the pope

What's the latest on the engines you sent to Shane for inspection
Hi there karolh I just received an email last night saying that mine should be all fixed and on there way back in the next day or two . Im really glad to hear that and hopefully the other aussies that are having probs will be up and running soon as well . As for agni 5's posts I dont know what there supposed to mean and I hope he doesnt think that everyone isnt just making up these issues . I think all the major issues are with the factory and the bad press must be killing them . Would I buy another one , probaby not but I only intended buying 2 in the first place and I dont want to go much bigger in cc's anyway . I have a dle 30 thats been sitting in the cupboard for a couple of years now anyway as well as a rcgf 15 and a evolution 10cc gasser that Ive just built an ugly stik for which is %99 finished . If the norvel 40 gass engine turns out to be a winner I might just get one of those and I think that will be it with the gassers for me . If I go to much higher in cc's storage and increased costs become a problem for me ( I already have planes in the bedroom , spare bedroom , laundry and one hanging up in the family room as well as a cupboard full of engines to last a lifetime . The wife bless her heart puts up with it but I dont want to push my luck .I get these funny looks now and again but I just look the other way . Having said that my birthdays coming up and we all know what im gonna get )!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers the pope
Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 AM
karolh

That's really good news about your engines and hopefully it works out for all of you down under, and as for that wonderful wife of yours continue to treat her like the priceless jewel she is where your hobby is concerned as you sure have a one in a million there. By the way did Shane tell you what was the problem with your engines ?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: karolh

That's really good news about your engines and hopefully it works out for all of you down under, and as for that wonderful wife of yours continue to treat her like the priceless jewel she is where your hobby is concerned as you sure have a one in a million there. By the way did Shane tell you what was the problem with your engines ?
Hi there K , this was from a email Shane sent on the 25th

Hi Michael, I just need to change the cylinders to the new one and your engines will be returned. We only received the parts from Italy Friday. I will have these engines sorted out tomorrow and send back to you Tuesday.
We are very sorry for the delay but we have been waiting for these spare parts for quite some time.

As for the wife if you think shes that great I'll accept any reasonable offer above $1 . I guess after knowing each other for 34 yrs we just tolerate each other and grunt at each other when passing in the hallway . Thats true love for sure . Cheers the pope
Old 03-27-2013, 10:36 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man what a time I had getting logged in back here on RCU. Lost my pass word....thingy....plus my origanal sigh up was on a old email service. I sure hope the Mintor people at least keep most of the line of engines serviced. My 22cc sure did run nice. I will try to keep her running good as long as possible. I am replacing the piston ring as there was one area on the face of the ring did not shine up and appears to be void of material right there. Capt,n
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
karolh

Nice to have you back Capt,n, sure seems like you had a real grand time down in Florida.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
huffy

I see that Topdawg no longer sells mintor. Topdawg would have had to be the largest dealership, repair centre for mintor. I hope they send the parts to fix my engines before they go under.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you search there sitemthey still sell them, but that is curious that they don't have them listed with DLE and OS. I wonder if they are just planning on selling out what they have or are waiting to make sure the bugs are out before advertising?

http://www.topdawgaviation.com/index...&product_id=53

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.