Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

How long should my ignition battery last?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

How long should my ignition battery last?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:00 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank this Discussion. We learn about the batteries charge rates ect. I have two Hydramax batteries. One ( from Memory) is a 4.8 3200 or 3600 pack. Been using it for years. Then I just got a 6 volt 4200 . So far so good. I was told that the EPA took some key ingredient out. The ingredient aids the charger for peak detection and low voltage. Somebody who knows about battery chemistry may be able to add to this and verify if its true or not.
It seems that the first charge or so it shows charged. But it's not. It's like the battery needs a kick in the butt to get going.
Also a guy I build plans for gave me Hydramax batteries with a plane to redo. Batteries been sitting around 6 years. Yep they went in the trash !
Gave me another one. Said I had this one about a year. So that went in the trash. Note they were still in the packages unopened .
After reading this I will try other batteries , such as the A123
thanks !
Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used nimh batteries for the last few years, they are still a very viable pack! I cant say as to the hydrimax brand but the ones I have been using are top notch and have never let me down. Great guy to deal with with great customer service. Jack Thompson, http://www.powerhousebatteries.org/default.html