Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji 32 Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuji 32 Parts?

I know Fuji engines have been discontinued. The other day I was flying my Stearman with a Fuji 32 EI. It missed and then quit. Fortunately I was able to land on the field ok. Upon disasssembly I found the piston scored and rings not free. The throttle plate and screw are missing. It obviously ate the throttle screw. I have found rings at Tower Hobbies but can't find a piston anywhere. Anyone have any idea who might have a piston, new or serviceable used for a Fuji 32? Maybe I'll just replace the engine with a DLE 30. It will be lighter with the same power.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If it ate the screw, you may have more damage than the piston/ring? I bet the is some cylinder damage around a port?

You best plan on a replacement engine.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if the piston isn't too badly scored the piston rings will take care of it. But if the cylinder was damaged, then that is it, unless you can find a engine that someone else has that doesn't work, that you can get parts off of. Some people had the ignition quit and they couldn't get parts to fix them, so they wind up with a good engine but with no spark.

I would have checked with Frank Bowman to get piston rings he is the maestro of the best piston rings and he makes them himself. But if Tower still has them then that is OK too.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 32 with a bad magneto. PM me your address and I will ship it to you. I have no need for it and it's just collecting dust.

Dan
Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM
RBean

I checked the cylinder and can see no damage although the piston is badly scored. Dan, thanks for the offer. Or I can send you mine. It has a good ignition. I sent you a PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

You guys are a good example for others to follow. I wish all the trolls on RCU would read your posts in this thread. Very refreshing! Thank you!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 PM
RBean

Dan, thanks I got the engine. Have not had time to do anything with it. Also I managed to get ahold of a new piston and ring set for a Fuji 32. So now I have two Fuji 32s and one ignition. Thanks again. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have time to get one installed and running.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:08 AM
RBean

I finally got to the Fuji. Installed the new piston and rings but it would not move freely in cylinder. Tried to lock up near the top. There is some sort of obstruction, but could not see any thing. So I removed the cylinder from the engine Dan sent and used it. It test ran fine. Thanks Dan. From combining the two engines I have one that runs.