Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it me or does that sound just like a glow
Ameyam
Old 02-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CiprianGugu
Anybody has one yet? I want to know if it is made in Japan or China. Anybody knows?
Parts from Japan, final assembly in China.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
pilotpete2

I have a question for those who have been running the GT 15. Is the 2 piece muffler holding up well? No problem with leaks or the 2 pieces loosening up?
The reason I ask is that I bought the EVO 15cc back before the GT 15 was announced. The 3 piece stock muffler is a POS!. It turns out the OS muffler is a perfect fit on the EVO 15cc. Also, the replacement powerbox muffler for the GT 15 is cheaper than many aftermarket mufflers at 41.99 from Tower, so I plan on getting one for the upcoming season.IF the snow ever melts
Having had the chance to take a close look at the GT 15, I really would like to dump the EVO 15cc if I could, but I'll probably try to get more use out of it.

I always enjoyed Brian Winch's column in RC Report. I'd really like to see his review when it comes out!
Pete
Old 02-18-2014, 01:08 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pilotpete2
I have a question for those who have been running the GT 15. Is the 2 piece muffler holding up well? No problem with leaks or the 2 pieces loosening up?
The reason I ask is that I bought the EVO 15cc back before the GT 15 was announced. The 3 piece stock muffler is a POS!. It turns out the OS muffler is a perfect fit on the EVO 15cc. Also, the replacement powerbox muffler for the GT 15 is cheaper than many aftermarket mufflers at 41.99 from Tower, so I plan on getting one for the upcoming season.IF the snow ever melts
Having had the chance to take a close look at the GT 15, I really would like to dump the EVO 15cc if I could, but I'll probably try to get more use out of it.

I always enjoyed Brian Winch's column in RC Report. I'd really like to see his review when it comes out!
Pete
I am of the opinion that these 2 piece mufflers, regardless of manufacture are doomed to fail eventually. Everyone I have run for any length of time had the through bolt break. That is why I just get a Macs 1 piece muffler. Not sure if they will work properly with these engines though. Since it seems back pressure needs to be right, but maybe someone will experiment.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:11 PM
pilotpete2

I did try a Macs #6980 on my EVO 15cc, it failed very quickly, the seams started leaking due to the higher temps. Macs no longer recommends or warranties that muffler if run on a gas engine. Also, the back pressure was too high with the Macs, and affected engine performance. When I looked at my friends OS muffler, it looked like the long bolt through the muffler was larger than the 4mm in the EVO muffler. Also, with the OS muffler the parts cant rotate as the Evo muffler did. Hopefully the OS muffler will hold up. I know, I'd sure like a one-piece solution, that worked.
Pete
Old 02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
erieqc

Hey Bax I bought 2 of these 15 and in the directions it says to lean engine you turn the low speed out. No problem but it says that the high speed is pretty well from factory then it says you are to close low speed is that screwed in or screwed out then back in the I think it said 1 1/2 turns.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2014, 05:45 PM
kerwin50

keep us posted on your engines.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 AM
CiprianGugu
My Feedback: (17)

Originally Posted by Bax
Parts from Japan, final assembly in China.
Bill, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have to look elsewhere since I prefer to buy stuff that doesn't come from China. It is getting harder and harder by the day.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:31 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few decades ago the same was said about japanese stuff.......

Bill, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have to look elsewhere since I prefer to buy stuff that doesn't come from China. It is getting harder and harder by the day.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:37 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SJN

I would say it is impossible really.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:38 PM
erieqc

I did try a Macs #6980 on my EVO 15cc, it failed very quickly, the seams started leaking due to the higher temps. Macs no longer recommends or warranties that muffler if run on a gas engine. Also, the back pressure was too high with the Macs, and affected engine performance. When I looked at my friends OS muffler, it looked like the long bolt through the muffler was larger than the 4mm in the EVO muffler. Also, with the OS muffler the parts cant rotate as the Evo muffler did. Hopefully the OS muffler will hold up. I know, I'd sure like a one-piece solution, that worked.
Pete
The 2 15 GTs I bought have a rubber o ring on the part of the muffler that you can rotate it looks like it going to be better that the evolutions.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:29 AM
pilotpete2

Well, I'm ordering a replacement OS GT 15 muffler to go on my Evo 15, so time will tell
I'm think that since no one has complained about the GT15 muffler, chances are it's a good design.
Pete
Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 AM
CiprianGugu

Originally Posted by SJN
Your point is??? You are free to buy whatever you want, and I am also. And I choose not to buy stuff made in certain places.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its just funny that at the time, Japan was making cheap electronics, and cheap cars, and it was also breaking down the US industry.
Now you want to buy Japanese products, and now its the Chinese that are doing the same thing.

I bet in a few decades time, you will be buying Chinese quality stuff, and some other country will be making cheap stuff :-)
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 AM
erieqc

Well, I'm ordering a replacement OS GT 15 muffler to go on my Evo 15, so time will tell
I'm think that since no one has complained about the GT15 muffler, chances are it's a good design.
Pete
Im impressed with it it's twice the muffler I can see why the engine is a little heavier than the evolution. You'll like it..
Old 02-24-2014, 10:01 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SJN
Its just funny that at the time, Japan was making cheap electronics, and cheap cars, and it was also breaking down the US industry.
Now you want to buy Japanese products, and now its the Chinese that are doing the same thing.

I bet in a few decades time, you will be buying Chinese quality stuff, and some other country will be making cheap stuff :-)
To each there own...but if you aren't buying 'made in the U.S.A.' I'm not sure it really matters does it? Made in China, Taiwan, Japan... its all made in a place called 'not here'. If there was a U.S. option, I'd buy it, but since there isn't , my dollars go to whomever I feel makes the quality product... sometimes thats china...
Old 02-24-2014, 01:26 PM
CiprianGugu

Originally Posted by SJN

What is your problem? Am I telling you what to buy or not to buy? It is my choice to buy or not to buy whatever I want. Move on.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 PM
wrlwnd

What is your problem? Am I telling you what to buy or not to buy? It is my choice to buy or not to buy whatever I want. Move on.
The question is, what is your problem?

He's not telling you what to buy, and has every right to voice his opinion as well.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 AM
erieqc

Here you guy's go it's not the best. The engine is first time run . It has a Vess 14x6 sport prop on it, it's not tuned in yet it was run at 4000 rpm for 40 minutes and only used 6 ounces of fuel out of 10. For the guy's wanting decibel reading it's about a foot away about one of the best engines I ever had. If I can do this anyone can. I almost bought 2 evolution 15's thank god they didn't want to ship them to my dealer because their inventory was getting low and they wanted me to buy threw them and screw my local hobby shop. What they don't understand is without my local hobby shop theres no me without me theres no them so thanks a million Pete I've got one hell of a lot better engine and the exhaust don't leak. I might of spent a little more but I didn't have to go buy another muffler either. here's some vidio not the best but you get the idea the second one is how clean burning this engine is there is very very little black ***** that came out of the exhaust unlike evolutions. like I said this is first run and it ran for 40 minutes mostly at 4000 rpm but play'ed with it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddkuh...r#action=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mkKr...r#action=share

Last edited by erieqc; 03-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 PM
CustomPC

9840rpm with a 14x6 is reasonable. About the same as .91 4-stroke and just a bit below a .75 AX glow.

What's the second reading? Thrust in oz?
Old 03-08-2014, 06:01 PM
erieqc

Thats the decibel read it's around 103 at 1 foot away from exhaust
Old 03-09-2014, 07:52 AM
hflyer45

update on my GT15. i have about 1 gallon of flight time and the compression is getting stronger. I am using a 14X10 and getting about 9500 RPM. No issues. I do run it for about 30 seconds at 80% throttle to warm up the engine before it will idle at 2500 rpm. I use a hitec temp sensor on the aft muffler bolt. The peak temp is about 210F after hovering for 10 seconds. The level flight temp is around 190F. This is a great engine and it make less noise than most of the 46 glow engines in my club. The big muffler is quiet and running at 9500 rpm eliminates prop tip noise.

Last edited by hflyer45; 03-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:11 PM
CustomPC

14x10 @ 9500rpm?
WOW, that's a significant increase in horsepower over other user reports and even OS's published figures.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:36 PM
CustomPC

Curiosity got the better of me today and i bought a GT15 without an real need for it.

I always seem to buy interesting engines on a whim and then have to spend time researching to a a suitable model that matches the powerplant.

A miss my old Big Stik 40 so I think it's time for a 60 sized stick

Last edited by CustomPC; 03-14-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 PM
dtyjkdutkying

Anyone has one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.