Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
coxco
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give you $50 for that broken 35r. I need some parts
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 PM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first I hear bad about them . I have five of em without one single issue.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Neverlost1
My Feedback: (1)

Didn't realize this is a political forum. Politics aside, DLE makes fine engines that can compete with some of the best. I am running 2 DLE 55s, and a DLE 111. Never had any problems with any of them. Maybe I got lucky and got some good ones. I've also known people with "premium" engines that had much trouble with them. Can't judge an engine brand because of a few bad examples, a better benchmark might be how many are sold.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:44 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

I'm guessing that since the OP hasn't shown up in the thread since the original post, despite numerous offers to help and tons of good advice, that this is just another thread where someone wanted to blow off steam with no intention of fixing the problem. Either that or it's another thread among hundreds on this board that are purely designed to cause bickering and pissing contests. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll show up again, but I just don't get it.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am sure if he just replaced his engines with DA's, then all would be right with the world. NOT
Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 PM
stevegauth30

Originally Posted by irocbsa
I'm guessing that since the OP hasn't shown up in the thread since the original post, despite numerous offers to help and tons of good advice, that this is just another thread where someone wanted to blow off steam with no intention of fixing the problem. Either that or it's another thread among hundreds on this board that are purely designed to cause bickering and pissing contests. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll show up again, but I just don't get it.
I know of a guy here in RCU, ( I'm sure you know of him too if I said his name) that starts threads all the time for no real reason than to start a long drawn out pissing match. Drives me crazy.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:16 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I know of a guy here in RCU, ( I'm sure you know of him too if I said his name) that starts threads all the time for no real reason than to start a long drawn out pissing match. Drives me crazy.
Yah, I wonder how many spark plugs have been blown out of engines that did not equate back to operator error? I have never seen one. With glow either. Most likely a cross thread or plug not screwed in all the way.

Either way, I call BS as well.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 PM
irocbsa

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Yep, we're on the same page.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM
stevegauth30

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Yah, I wonder how many spark plugs have been blown out of engines that did not equate back to operator error? I have never seen one. With glow either. Most likely a cross thread or plug not screwed in all the way.

Either way, I call BS as well.
Also never heard of such shenanigans.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 PM
turboromy

Haha.... that's exactly what I'm doing. Even though I am an ok flyer, I really suck with engine tuning.
When my maintenance guy is around, I flew glows and gas. I was quite happy with DLE even though the front part flew away during the flight. Overtightened ?.... I doubt it.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:25 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by turboromy
Haha.... that's exactly what I'm doing. Even though I am an ok flyer, I really suck with engine tuning.
When my maintenance guy is around, I flew glows and gas. I was quite happy with DLE even though the front part flew away during the flight. Overtightened ?.... I doubt it.
Yah, most likely loose. I have seen one, maybe two glow plugs blow out. I n heavy competition engine use, control line combat, on national level. Those plugs that blew out were loose. Grabbing only a few threads. Fully engaging all of the threads, I doubt a glow or spark plug would blow out.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM
turboromy

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Yah, most likely loose. I have seen one, maybe two glow plugs blow out. I n heavy competition engine use, control line combat, on national level. Those plugs that blew out were loose. Grabbing only a few threads. Fully engaging all of the threads, I doubt a glow or spark plug would blow out.
Actually no. All 4 bolts broke off. It wasn't that they got loose and left without damaging the engine itself. I had to get a "maintenance guy" take out the stuck and cut off bolts.... think he heat up the base part to take those stuck bolts out.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Originally Posted by Roo Man
Sure sounds like an air leak to me.

From a safety standpoint you should have an ignition kill switch [about $20.00] and that would solve your problem even if you don't fix the air leak.

Gary

Only $13.25 shipped to your door if you buy it from us! Sorry for the shameless plug.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=957315
Old 01-29-2014, 03:01 AM
cymaz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got two of the rcxel isolators, very good indeed. £9.95 in the UK.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 AM
irocbsa

Originally Posted by turboromy
Do you mean the 4 bolts holding the prop to the hub sheared? Most of the time when that happens it's due to the bolts loosening up.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

If you choose to buy cheap Chinese knock offs then you must accept the penalties that are associated with them. Today you can buy a knock off of ANYTHING "made in China". That's because they have to adhere to absolutely zero laws! Some of this stuff is OK and does work, but that doesn't mean that as a consumer I should buy it. My friends are constantly telling me that they paid half as much for their engines and have the same performance. I don't buy it, pardon the pun! I have a 3W engine that is 22 years old and pulls like a war horse! It has never been opened for anything, lets see where your DLE, DL, EME, POS, is in just a few years.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
irocbsa

Here we go again, it's like Groundhog Day on this forum.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5.-Groundhog-Day-.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1963126  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Troll alert! time to close this down. I love my DLE's and if they break beyond repair I would buy another, and send the old one back to China to melt down to make into another one. LOL
Old 01-29-2014, 08:17 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

This is the real task before us: to reassert our commitment as a nation to a law higher than our own.

Ronald Reagan
Quoting President Ronald Reagan and praising a communist product while having a Christian based belief for a name all in the same post. Words escape me.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:22 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

here we go again, it's like groundhog day on this forum.

:d:d:d
Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 AM
irocbsa

Originally Posted by erik valdez
Quoting President Ronald Reagan and praising a communist product while having a Christian based belief for a name all in the same post. Words escape me.
Hahahaha! So you've never bought anything that came from a country whose political policies you disagree with? That's practically impossible. Based on the current regime in power and your political views, you shouldn't be buying American either.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Hahahaha! So you've never bought anything that came from a country whose political policies you disagree with? That's practically impossible. Based on the current regime in power and your political views, you shouldn't be buying American either.
For real! You could not make it in this country without buying something made in a foreign land Do you know or can anyone prove that they are flying RC planes without something made in another country, especially China or Japan. Not gonna happen!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Made in the USA often means parts bought from various countries and assembled in the USA.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
For real! You could not make it in this country without buying something made in a foreign land Do you know or can anyone prove that they are flying RC planes without something made in another country, especially China or Japan. Not gonna happen!
Well stated Luchnia! I would remind everyone that no stick of balsa ever came from the USA! It would seem that unless made from some other material, every model airplane has had a fair amount of non-USA materials in it. How about the ago old covering, silk? Where did it come from?

Back in post #34, I pointed out that many products are now single sourced from China. If you choose to own some of the everyday products we all use, it will come from China and you won't have a choice to buy otherwise.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 AM
stevegauth30

On that note, I hereby unsubscribe from this pissing match.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.